Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

•Sent application - Nov 2016
•Sent additional documents Dec 2016
•UK checks done - Jan 2017
•Sent to HMPO new Delhi for security checks - Jan 2017
•Required further additional documents - Feb 2017
• completed security checks and moved onto Examination process - April 2017
Interview- July 25th 2017

The interviewer told me that from that date to wait 3 weeks. And that overseas checks are done and they will be passing it onto Liverpool office for further process which would take 3 weeks.

I hope my application is in it's last stage.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Faisal1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thsts what they say i was told 4 weeks after my interview in feb 2017 and look we are in august now
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Zainy11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faisal1986
Thsts what they say i was told 4 weeks after my interview in feb 2017 and look we are in august now
Ya but they told me they have completed my overseas checks and will be sent to Liverpool for final processing. I actually had my interview only after my examination process and not while it was under standard security checks.
The interviewer was saying that to wait 3 weeks and then they will issue the passport.
Old Jul 31st 2017, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Best of luck my friend hope you get the passport soon
Old Jul 31st 2017, 8:11 am
Just Joined

You too. I know how frustrating this is. When I applied for my son in 2012 it was nothing compared to this. Now so long to get a passport where as fr him jus 3 months. Gud luck. Hope u gt gud news soon.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Got a update yestaday that overseas check is now complete and its back to the examiner to finalise and got to next step ????
What us the next step
Do that nean is in the process of issueing passport.
Also they said they have sent a letter to mp to update him as my mp has been on the case intervening with home office on a regular basis
Old Aug 8th 2017, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Faisal1986
Got a update yestaday that overseas check is now complete and its back to the examiner to finalise and got to next step ????
What us the next step
Do that nean is in the process of issueing passport.
Also they said they have sent a letter to mp to update him as my mp has been on the case intervening with home office on a regular basis
Well ur application is definitely in da last stages. I think it is in UK with the examiner there. Hopefully it'll be a matter of a few weeks. If they finalise it I think they mean that they will issue u da passport. Mine is the same as you n they gave me 3 weeks. So let's see if both of us will get it soon. I seriously don't think they will take as long as the overseas checks.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Got a email tiday thst passport is being orinted and will be dipatched in 48 hours to my uk address as requested so shud have it by friday .
Av cut few weeks of waiti g time by requesting to be sent to me rather than bangladesh
Old Aug 13th 2017, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

walmer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question if anyone can help. My child is 3 months old born in the philippines. his mother is filipino I am british born in england as were my parents. Is it possible to send the documents straight to the office here in the uk if my partner sends the supporting documents to me first. as that is where they are processed anyway, and its where i am living.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 5:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walmer88
I have a question if anyone can help. My child is 3 months old born in the philippines. his mother is filipino I am british born in england as were my parents. Is it possible to send the documents straight to the office here in the uk if my partner sends the supporting documents to me first. as that is where they are processed anyway, and its where i am living.
There would be no benefit in doing that and you're likely to cause yourself problems given that the applicant is not in the UK.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

walmer88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There would be no benefit in doing that and you're likely to cause yourself problems given that the applicant is not in the UK.
Ok i made the application online saying im applying from the philippines and put my sons address there in manila. after i completed it says on the form send all documents to HM passport office in liverpool. So im confused if they have to be sent straight to liverpool and they have his manila address why would it be a problem where they actually arrive from ?
Old Aug 15th 2017, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

If anyone is interested I just recieved my daughters first passport in China in less than 2 weeks as opposed to about 6. He was the timeline:

July 31st, interview at H.M visa application office in Guangzhou. Mother didnt attend. Only myself.

Documents given:

My UK passport (British born) bio page and current chinese visa pages copy. Full colour. Mothers Chinese passport bio page copy.
My UK birth certificate copy.
Daughters Chinese Birth certificate copy.

As an extra bonus i submitted 2 colour family photos taken recently,
My old passport copy held a t time of conception and birth,
My former HM forces Army number,

Interview July 31st,
Fee deducted 8th August from the UK,
Recieved SMS from DHL about passport being sent 11th August.

So 3 days from fee deduction to passport dispatched. Must say im pleased with the service. Not like 2 years back.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johno5175
If anyone is interested I just recieved my daughters first passport in China in less than 2 weeks as opposed to about 6. He was the timeline:

July 31st, interview at H.M visa application office in Guangzhou. Mother didnt attend. Only myself.

Documents given:

My UK passport (British born) bio page and current chinese visa pages copy. Full colour. Mothers Chinese passport bio page copy.
My UK birth certificate copy.
Daughters Chinese Birth certificate copy.

As an extra bonus i submitted 2 colour family photos taken recently,
My old passport copy held a t time of conception and birth,
My former HM forces Army number,

Interview July 31st,
Fee deducted 8th August from the UK,
Recieved SMS from DHL about passport being sent 11th August.

So 3 days from fee deduction to passport dispatched. Must say im pleased with the service. Not like 2 years back.
Have you ever consider registering your daughter's birth with General Register Offices in England?

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

By doing so, she will have an English language birth certificate.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 10:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walmer88
Ok i made the application online saying im applying from the philippines and put my sons address there in manila. after i completed it says on the form send all documents to HM passport office in liverpool. So im confused if they have to be sent straight to liverpool and they have his manila address why would it be a problem where they actually arrive from ?
Because they would be arriving from the UK, not the Philippines. You will already be in for a long wait due to anti-fraud checks; I wouldn't give them any extra cause for concern by doing anything unexpected.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

johno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant futurejohno5175 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HKG3
Have you ever consider registering your daughter's birth with General Register Offices in England?

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

By doing so, she will have an English language birth certificate.
Her bc is in both English and Chinese. Luckily the hospitals here in Foshan are pretty English speaking orientated in that sense. I was planning on doing what you said before but then they changed it to where you must make it in the UK now. Will just wait until im back there to do.

Anyway was no problem (thankfully). Super fast service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.