Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode from My Grandfather

Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode from My Grandfather

Old Mar 16th 2017, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

sathakjaffar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode from My Grandfather

Please help me in this case it will be very help for me.

My grand father (mother's father) born on 1910 at India

He Moved to Malaysia And get British Citizenship and British Passport on 1954

My mother born on 1952 at India

I was Born in 1980 at India.

in this situation

Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode from My Grandfather?

Please help me in this case it will be very help for me.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode from My Grandfather

Hi, and welcome to BE.

I've moved your thread to the right section of the forum, where those in the know will be able to help.

Good luck.
Old Mar 17th 2017, 7:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So your grandfather became a Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies after your mother was born? Was she included in his application?
Old Mar 18th 2017, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
So your grandfather became a Citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies after your mother was born? Was she included in his application?
No , They were Not Mentioned in his Passport.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 9:23 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sathakjaffar
No , They were Not Mentioned in his Passport.
Unless your mother became a CUKC at the same time as your grandfather it's unlikely you would be eligible for British citizenship or Right of Abode.
Old Mar 19th 2017, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Unless your mother became a CUKC at the same time as your grandfather it's unlikely you would be eligible for British citizenship or Right of Abode.

So Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode ?

Can I apply it?
Old Mar 19th 2017, 5:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sathakjaffar
So Am I eligible to get UK Right of Abode ?

Can I apply it?
BIP has given you the answer above - 'Unless your mother became a CUKC at the same time as your grandfather it's unlikely you would be eligible for British citizenship or Right of Abode.'

I guess you can apply, but presumably you'll lose the application fees if you apply for something you're not eligible for. Your call though.

HTH, good luck.