Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > China/Hong Kong
Reload this Page >

Considering teaching in China - lots of questions!!!

Considering teaching in China - lots of questions!!!

Old May 29th 2014, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Sapna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Considering teaching in China - lots of questions!!!

The air pollution will be a problem in big cities. However a friend of mine in Beijing gets health insurance from his employer and tells me that the hospitals there are very good, he has a long term health condition. I would reccomend that you don't strike china off totally, but perhaps consider visiting a few places on a tourist visa first and see how you cope with the quality.

Big cities have bigger money yeah, also bigger costs though. One place I nearly worked was Yangshao. Ended up not taking the job, but it's one of my favorite holiday spots, and the air quality there is a world away from Beijing or Shanghai. Remember china is big.

Good luck though, I used to think tefl was a gap year thing, but I'm heading back shortly. Love it there
Old May 29th 2014, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Quite agree with SAPNA above,

China is very big, and quite diverse.
There is I believe, some thing there to suit every one.

China is quite addictive, and you may find that when you visit with a tourist visa, that you end up coming back and getting a 12 month, multi entry visa.

vette
Old May 31st 2014, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Hamish Healys is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I could sound positive about your moving to China. The pollution is one of the worst in the world. I would suggest you talk seriously with your doctor and find ways you could manage your asthma.
Old Jun 25th 2014, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hamish Healys
I wish I could sound positive about your moving to China. The pollution is one of the worst in the world. I would suggest you talk seriously with your doctor and find ways you could manage your asthma.
Again, it really depends on where you go

China isn't some small place, it is huge and diverse.

Pollution in the big cities, yes, but get out to the smaller cities, and they have clear fresh air.

There are many fantastic smaller tier cities in China, no need the tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 cities.

vette
Old Jul 1st 2014, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

neymarjr is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Taiwan is the better place to go to. Same language same race but more modern.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 1:23 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
Old Jul 1st 2014, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

neymarjr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Welcome to the forum

Old Jul 27th 2014, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

danyalfryer is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to this amazing community of like-minded individuals Enjoy your stay.