ECUADOR - Cuenca

Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

susie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ECUADOR - Cuenca

Hi. Is there anybody is lives in Cuenca, Ecuador? I have visited on holiday 3 times but never thought about settling there before. Now my husband (Ecuadorian) wants to move back to his home town and obviously wants me to go with him but I´m not sure. I can remember how it was to be on holiday there but living there would be different and I need some advice and/or recommendations from any other expats please about anything and everything to do with living in this country.

Hope you can help. Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

lmar0622 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECUADOR - Cuenca

Originally Posted by susie123
Hi. Is there anybody is lives in Cuenca, Ecuador? I have visited on holiday 3 times but never thought about settling there before. Now my husband (Ecuadorian) wants to move back to his home town and obviously wants me to go with him but I´m not sure. I can remember how it was to be on holiday there but living there would be different and I need some advice and/or recommendations from any other expats please about anything and everything to do with living in this country.

Hope you can help. Thank you in advance.
Susie,

I am an American who purchased a condo in Cuenca and am in the process of getting prepared to retire with my wife to Cuenca; hopefully, by Dec 2007. I searched for 15 years in different countries, Canada, Mexico, Fiji, Panama, and Ecuador. When we visited Cuenca, after having toured Quito, Guayaquil and North along the Pacific Coast, we loved it. It is clean, located in the highlands of the Andes Mountains (2,500 meters). The air is fresh, invigorating and the people are so friendly. Also, the cost of living in Cuenca is very inexpensive, as compared to the USA and the UK.

There is a Yahoo Expat Forum that you can join with around 180 members that will give you first hand information on Cuenca and Ecuador. The name of the Yahoo Group forum is "ecuador_expats". Once you join, Deb, the owner and administrator of the forum will be able to answer many of your questions, as will your reviewing past posts.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance.

Larry
Old Jul 20th 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

susie123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECUADOR - Cuenca

Dear Larry

Thank you so much for your reply. I will now look into that Yahoo forum you mentioned. The only thing really that I´m hesitating over is the distance between Cuenca and my family in the UK & Spain.

Thanks again