Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Back From Barbados. Now St Lucia

Back From Barbados. Now St Lucia

Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Back From Barbados. Now St Lucia

Just got back today from Barbados. Loved it to bits. Great place for a holiday but I agree with some of comments made in the forum, I'm not sure I would like to live there.

I'm about to book a two week holiday to St Lucia in July. At the moment we are considering staying in the Rodney Bay area. I have a few questions about St Lucia.

Is July a good time to visit?
Are the locals just as nice as the wonderful people of Barbados?
It is safe to hire a car and just drive around and explore (like we did in Barbados)?
Any recommendations on a nice waterfront apartment/villa with internet access (I need to be connected 24/7.....lol)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

LucyLock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Back From Barbados. Now St Lucia

Hi

July is the start of the rainy season and it is hot, rain is not constant but you will get a lot of short, sharp warm showers.

It is safe to hire a car and explore as long as you use common sense, which of course you should do in any part of the world. In regards to properties I can offer a place in Marigot bay but it is not waterfront, it is up on the hill with fabulous views. You would have to drive to local restaurants, bars etc.

I am sure that others on the forum can help you in regards to Rodney Bay.

Have fun!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

LottieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 3aces
Just got back today from Barbados. Loved it to bits. Great place for a holiday but I agree with some of comments made in the forum, I'm not sure I would like to live there.

I'm about to book a two week holiday to St Lucia in July. At the moment we are considering staying in the Rodney Bay area. I have a few questions about St Lucia.

Is July a good time to visit?
Are the locals just as nice as the wonderful people of Barbados?
It is safe to hire a car and just drive around and explore (like we did in Barbados)?
Any recommendations on a nice waterfront apartment/villa with internet access (I need to be connected 24/7.....lol)
As lucylock said July isn't too bad - but considering it's been rainy quite recently when we should be in the dry season (what's up with all this rain???).

If you fancy a short stay in the south of the island to explore, my parents have a small guesthouse, pm me if you want further info.

Lottie
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Lottie :-)

Might take you up on that.