9 Years

Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9 Years

Arrived 9 years ago today. It's been a helluva journey; met a girl three months after landing here with a new job. Got married three years later, had a kid and just got divorced. But proud dad of a three year old! Problem is i have to stay in this city if i want to be in my son's life...which isn't so great news. Anyway i guess life is what you make of it. More regular trips home might help!
Old Jan 9th 2018, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 Years

Sorry to hear you got a divorce but nice to see you reading the positives in having a child. My dad just fled the scene of the crime never to be seen again!

Where in AB are you?
Old Jan 15th 2018, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Thats quite the 9 years, but something good did come out of it, in that you have son, Im sure he offsets you having to stay in that city, that saying life is what you make it, is very true. Unfortunately there are many of us who can't have what we want, or even what we used to have, so we just have to try our best to make the best of what we do have.

What city do you live in?, it must have some plus points?
Old Jan 15th 2018, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Thats quite the 9 years, but something good did come out of it, in that you have son, Im sure he offsets you having to stay in that city, that saying life is what you make it, is very true. Unfortunately there are many of us who can't have what we want, or even what we used to have, so we just have to try our best to make the best of what we do have.

What city do you live in?, it must have some plus points?
I lost my dad at 18 so being a dad is even more important to me. My three year old is also my only blood relative alive (with the exception of my mother), so you can figure out how important he is to me. My concern is that i end up unhappy and bitter about living here just to be in his life. I'm not feeling it THAT bad yet but i also only get to see him every second weekend. He didn't ask for any of it, i made my own bed by marrying and having a child here. I had/have a career which was/is international which is what brought me here in the first place. When you've spent most of your life travelling then find yourself stuck here...there's many things that go into the discussion. So yeah i can "remake" a new life but the question is what else could i have been doing, because no matter what way i cut the cake, this place was not intended to be my final stop and i will not be completely happy here. Not discussing it anymore on here...sure being positive helps, it just doesn't cover all the requirements.