Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

4 Years On Prince Edward Island.

4 Years On Prince Edward Island.

Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:01 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 Years On Prince Edward Island.

Moved here 4 years ago with my hubby and our cat McDougal.
My dear husband enjoyed only one year before he was diagnosed with terminal cancer but he enjoyed every moment on this beautiful island and McDougal and I continue to live our dream.
My son moved to the island 2 years ago and is now settled and happy having met the love of his life..........we are blessed.
I have mad a few really good friends all Canadian
There are many Brits here but I have only known 1 couple who I thought were friends but discovered .............not.
Anyways................Life is good ...........beautiful place to live.......and although the islanders are not that keen on people from away I guess I have been lucky.
Hope to live to a ripe old age here on this amazing island.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 Years On Prince Edward Island.

When reading your post you sound very peaceful. I hope I'm like you after several years in Canada.
I'm sorry to hear about your husband but pleased to see you are enjoying life.
Take Care
Old Apr 16th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossandvi
My dear husband enjoyed only one year before he was diagnosed with terminal cancer but he enjoyed every moment on this beautiful island and McDougal and I continue to live our dream.
My son moved to the island 2 years ago and is now settled and happy having met the love of his life..........we are blessed.
There are many Brits here but I have only known 1 couple who I thought were friends but discovered .............not.
Anyways................Life is good ...........beautiful place to live.......and although the islanders are not that keen on people from away I guess I have been lucky.
Vi!

How great to hear an update from you.

I often wondered what happened after you lost your husband and if you decided to stay after all.
I am so glad to hear that you did and that you still love the Island.
Great that your son is with you too.

I don't know if you remember me. I was heading for NB and we have been here for the last 3 years.
We still love it too. Have our little hobby farm we always wanted and we work part time which is a big change from running our business in the UK.
So glad we made the move.
Our two boys found it way too quiet for them here though and we have one son in Toronto and one in Mexico for the time being.

Really nice to hear from you.

Penny
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:53 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
I'm sorry to hear about your husband but it sounds as if you all have found contentment on your island, may it always be with you
Terese
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 12:20 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

I too was around when your husband was diagnosed and when he later lost his battle, you told me to give up smoking....
I am very pleased to hear that you are happy and settled.
Old May 3rd 2010, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Clydey is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you are settled and enjoying the Island despite the trials of your time here.

We are just a couple of weeks shy of our 1 year canniversary on PEI and loving it - Looking forward to a busy summer

All the ebst for the next 4 years and beyond
Old May 5th 2010, 10:53 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Karma sent for your great outlook on life
Old May 5th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Thank you so much for your update, i'm so pleased everything is turning out well for you .
You speak so enthusiastically of PEI that im going to put it on my, to do list of places to visit
All the very best EB
Old May 9th 2010, 9:08 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
When reading your post you sound very peaceful. I hope I'm like you after several years in Canada.
I'm sorry to hear about your husband but pleased to see you are enjoying life.
Take Care
Thank you so much for your reply.
Best wishes Vi.
Old May 9th 2010, 9:10 pm
Vi

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Vi!

How great to hear an update from you.

I often wondered what happened after you lost your husband and if you decided to stay after all.
I am so glad to hear that you did and that you still love the Island.
Great that your son is with you too.

I don't know if you remember me. I was heading for NB and we have been here for the last 3 years.
We still love it too. Have our little hobby farm we always wanted and we work part time which is a big change from running our business in the UK.
So glad we made the move.
Our two boys found it way too quiet for them here though and we have one son in Toronto and one in Mexico for the time being.

Really nice to hear from you.

Penny
Hi Penny
Yes I do remember you.I am so glad you settled and enjoying life.
I often wonder how many of the people from 4 years ago made it to their new lifw and if they are still enjoying living here. Love Vi.
Old May 9th 2010, 9:13 pm
Vi

Originally Posted by terese677
Hello
I'm sorry to hear about your husband but it sounds as if you all have found contentment on your island, may it always be with you
Terese
Thank you Terese
I hope you are well and enjoying life inn this amazing country. Vi.