Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

1 week in Parry sound

1 week in Parry sound

Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of
Default 1 week in Parry sound

I can hardly believe it but am finally posting on this part of the forum....

We moved to Parry sound 1 week ago, the kids love school and have made many friends, I have started work and feel I could make many friends ther too, we have rented a nice house and car... money is flying out the door and am not as over the moon as I thought I would be.

I waited so long ( not long at all comapred to others) for TWP and LMO,I thought I would literally go mad... but kept it together and last week finally started the dream.... but its not all that..

I guess I need to be patient... its only been a week... but I cant help wondering why I am not entirelly thrilled ?

I get through it by telling myself it only has to be an "experience" for 1 year then I can re-evaluate and think again.. the thought that this is it... well its a little disappointing What the hell is wrong with me. Feel like a spoiled brat.

Will keep you posted.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 week in Parry sound

It's called "reality" and it bites!

Be gentle with yourself - Moving home is a far more massive experience that we can get our heads around, no matter how much research you do.

Chill, enjoy the good bits, take a deep breath at the frustrating bits and take solace that thousands have been before you and come out the other side (mostly) unscathed.

Welcome!
Old Oct 27th 2012, 5:53 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 week in Parry sound

...and try not to consider too much that you've arrived at the start of winter... although your forum username will fit nicely. You've got spring and summer to look forward to

I've moved to different countries a few times. It always takes time for reality to hit and for it to dawn on you that you are at home and not on holiday. A year down the line you'll have new friends and will hopefully have settled right in.

Chin up