Reload this Page >

Where to buy a house in Moncton, NB

Where to buy a house in Moncton, NB

Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough
Default Where to buy a house in Moncton, NB

Hi friends,
I need an advice where to live in Moncton: north, west or Riverview west, east or central.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy a house in Moncton, NB

I live in Central Moncton. Excellent area for bus routes and I'm in the middle of everything. Good for me as I don't drive.

I'm near a school and a hospital so the streets are plowed quickly.

If you're a driver it doesn't matter too much where you are, although I hear of traffic problems from Riverview to Downtown. Having said that, I hear lots of things about traffic on Mountain Road and it never strikes me as busy.

Last edited by BristolUK; Mar 6th 2008 at 5:29 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:20 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say the traffic bothers me, 7 minutes from house in Riverview to Downtown at the worst. Nowhere strikes me as busy except around Trinity on a Saturday !!

Plowed streets here in Riverview too pretty regularly...even too much as I hear the plough several times through the night.

Let us both know of any specific info you need.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tangram
Let us both know of any specific info you need.
I am looking for info about such part of Moncton which is more clean, quiet, less crime, not too old houses (up to 10 years), easy access to downtown (up to 10-15 minutes by car), shopping mall...
Thank you.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 4:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Except for the house age aspect, that's pretty much all of Moncton.

I can't speak for Riverview or Dieppe but near Mountain Rd fits your wants.

Specifically, look at Mapquest for University Ave/Mountain Rd. The area to look at is between Mountain Rd and Wheeler Blvd from University and Westwards past Connaught as far as Noel Street. Beyond Noel, the housing stock can become a bit tatty, although there is still plenty of good stuff there.

Within the area I described are two hospitals and a couple of small schools for small kids (so no teens hanging around). Consequently the streets here are plowed very efficiently and quickly after snowfalls.

Plenty of doctors and dentists around, two excellent (large) drug stores and the wonderful Rinzlers for meat, fruit and veg and more.

Champlain Mall and Atlantic Superstore are effectively just beyond one end of Mountain Rd while 10-15 minutes drive from there you'll be at the strip Malls and big stores at the other end where Wheeler Blvd crosses.

If you're car is off the road, there are a half dozen buses every hour travelling between the Strip Mall Stores and Champlain Mall.

Going out of town a bit further, but still close to Mountain Rd is still good, but the further you go the less likely you'll be on main services.

I can recommend Phil Albert of Exit as a realtor. He gave recommendations of where to avoid, drew things to our attention that we missed or didn't know about. We had no transport so he took us to all the houses on our list when we visited Moncton to look at somewhere to buy. He definitely went the extra mile for us.

Last edited by BristolUK; Mar 7th 2008 at 5:09 am.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Except for the house age aspect, that's pretty much all of Moncton.

I can't speak for Riverview or Dieppe but near Mountain Rd fits your wants.

Specifically, look at Mapquest for University Ave/Mountain Rd. The area to look at is between Mountain Rd and Wheeler Blvd from University and Westwards past Connaught as far as Noel Street. Beyond Noel, the housing stock can become a bit tatty, although there is still plenty of good stuff there.

Within the area I described are two hospitals and a couple of small schools for small kids (so no teens hanging around). Consequently the streets here are plowed very efficiently and quickly after snowfalls.

Plenty of doctors and dentists around, two excellent (large) drug stores and the wonderful Rinzlers for meat, fruit and veg and more.

Champlain Mall and Atlantic Superstore are effectively just beyond one end of Mountain Rd while 10-15 minutes drive from there you'll be at the strip Malls and big stores at the other end where Wheeler Blvd crosses.

If you're car is off the road, there are a half dozen buses every hour travelling between the Strip Mall Stores and Champlain Mall.

Going out of town a bit further, but still close to Mountain Rd is still good, but the further you go the less likely you'll be on main services.

I can recommend Phil Albert of Exit as a realtor. He gave recommendations of where to avoid, drew things to our attention that we missed or didn't know about. We had no transport so he took us to all the houses on our list when we visited Moncton to look at somewhere to buy. He definitely went the extra mile for us.
Thanks, BristolUK, for your advice.
Most of Real Estate Agents adviced me to look into Evergreen area. Is it realy good or Riverview is better?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:28 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garvard
Thanks, BristolUK, for your advice.
Most of Real Estate Agents adviced me to look into Evergreen area. Is it realy good or Riverview is better?
If you have kids and are looking at getting into Evergreen school because you are in that area, the only thing I would keep in mind is that you won't necessarily get into it as it is so full. Don't believe the Realtor if he says that's the school your kids will go, as it is likely not the case.

But I agree with what Bris says generally. And neither is better than the other I would say. You need to see first hand what grabs you.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Lower Coverdale which is on the road down to Fundy Park.

I have 30 acres and feel that I am out in the country but Superstore and more importantly Tim Hortons are just 10 minutes away by car.

One thing I have observed through this winter that Riverview has kept the roads clearer than Moncton.

Even down way passed us the ploughs have been really regular. Like Tangram I hear them through the night.

I like the feel of Riverview too and the bigger stores in Moncton are just over the bridge.

I would say that in general Riverview is prettier than Moncton and there is a lot of new housing going up too.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:42 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by pennyhp
We are in Lower Coverdale which is on the road down to Fundy Park.

I have 30 acres and feel that I am out in the country but Superstore and more importantly Tim Hortons are just 10 minutes away by car.

One thing I have observed through this winter that Riverview has kept the roads clearer than Moncton.

Even down way passed us the ploughs have been really regular. Like Tangram I hear them through the night.

I like the feel of Riverview too and the bigger stores in Moncton are just over the bridge.

I would say that in general Riverview is prettier than Moncton and there is a lot of new housing going up too.
Passed your place the other day Penny, we were visiting in Lower Coverdale and went to Manor Ridge to be nosy about a house. Maybe looking to move out of town in a couple of years but for now Riverview is ok with us. Agree with the above post.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 11:04 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by pennyhp
I have certainly heard people complaining - but where I am is cleared within an hour or so of a snowfall. I too hear the plows during the night, but some of them are sidewalk plows. They do one side.

I actually complain of over-plowing. Mine is a quiet street, rarely more than three vehicles on the entire street at any time and after they plow there is ample room for traffic in both directions. But the buggers keep coming back to achieve that silly target of plowing the full width rather than plowing for the traffic needs of different streets and each new 'run' puts a snow ridge across the driveway yet again.

If they stopped this over-clearing, maybe they could use the time in other places.

Last edited by BristolUK; Mar 7th 2008 at 11:07 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tangram
Passed your place the other day Penny, we were visiting in Lower Coverdale and went to Manor Ridge to be nosy about a house. Maybe looking to move out of town in a couple of years but for now Riverview is ok with us. Agree with the above post.
But as I know Riverview has three parts: west, east and central. Which one has more new houses?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:36 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

But as I know Riverview has three parts: west, east and central. Which one has more new houses?
All.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future

Hi friends,
I need an advice where to live in Moncton: north, west or Riverview west, east or central.
Why is property so cheap out there ????? Whats the catch???? I have heard work is the problem ! I am a truck driver but would be willing to turn my hand to anything. Would not have to earn mega bucks out there, just enough to tick over. Everything else looks good but is there work?

Prairie Pete
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

PeterMcG is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

We've just bought a house on the Salisbury Road, Moncton side of the river (Allison Heights) we're very pleased with it. Pete there are a lot of trucking companies here as Moncton is called the "Hub" of the maritimes due to its central location - Armour transport to name but one they're recruiting now.....
As to the rest of the guys do you meet up or anything? I really need help finding work - my wife is a teacher and I am in IT but want to try something else - does anyone know of LMO ready companies?

Regards
Peter
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Hi, I have been absent from this forum for a while.
Hi to pennyhp, we have yet to meet.
When are you firing up the bbq.

For those thinking of buying in Moncton.
A very nice area is off Mountain Road opposite Barnabys Furniture.
Various parts Riverview are excellent aswell.
Somewhere decent will cost over $100,000 now.

Jobs galore exist in Moncton & Riverview.
This area is the Call-Centre capital of the Maritimes.
Any person from the UK can get a job in a any centre.
Some are good, some are not so good.
People from the UK are made very welcome here by the English population, the French too, except the elderly French, who refuse to talk to you in English, they are able to, they just do not want to, their priviledge of course, just let them get on with it.

The irony is that people who are bi-lingual in call-centres, would rather deal with English customers that call in!!!???

The only down-side to Moncton is, that if you only speak English you can get a job, but if you want a career, you will need to be bi-lingual generally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.