Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving in Canada :)

Thanksgiving in Canada :)

Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanksgiving in Canada :)

Karmen we're giving thanks on this thread, or not, as the case may be ... love to see you start a new thread if you want to !
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Karmen we're giving thanks on this thread, or not, as the case may be ... love to see you start a new thread if you want to !
I would like to give thanks that I don't have to live in a cave.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Happy thanksgiving weekend everyone!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Karmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant future

She's new to the forum - you're allowed to make the odd strange entry, so to speak .... benefit of the doubt and all that ?! Perhaps a new thread about bears and caves would go down well on the Canadian section?
Well to be fare its more wild boars than bears here in Spain, though if you think there may be a little interest in Cave Homes i will work on something and post it, as i say i am new to all this - a Forum Virgin practically.

In return i would love to hear about Native Indians in Canada
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Karmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant futureKarmen has a brilliant future

Oops Sorry - er - i give thanks i dont live in the UK anymore and wish everyone in Canada a HAPPY THANKSGIVING -

.... but how do you start a new thread!!!

NB Steve P take a look on the website you may be surprised!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

jhorsfield30 is on a distinguished road

good 2 see such a good response,
Have a great holiday :>
john
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Stesol is an unknown quantity at this point

We fly out to Toronto on Sunday to close our new house in York Region on Thursday so as we are going to be in the midst of thanksgiving - .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 3:17 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashman
I was in the States for their thanksgiving and I'd never tasted Pumpkin Pie so I suggested to a business buddy that I'd like to try it so he said.

" So you want some babyshit pie?"

Never tried it since !
Its not that bad, I guess his babyshit pie words are more descriptive of the colour of the filling than the taste. The problem is people go over the top with the amount of pumpkin flavoured stuff!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:19 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karmen
Well to be fare its more wild boars than bears here in Spain, though if you think there may be a little interest in Cave Homes i will work on something and post it, as i say i am new to all this - a Forum Virgin practically.

In return i would love to hear about Native Indians in Canada
I'm sorry but this is about the most amusing thing that's been posted on the Canada forum in some while!

Open the "The Maple Leaf" my dear, and click on the little box that says new thread. Invent a title and spout away! Robert is the brother of your father! (as it were)

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Oct 6th 2007 at 6:35 am.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 12:10 pm
The Cookie Monsters

landhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant futurelandhouse has a brilliant future

All our kids this year wil have to make do with green pumpkins!

Because of the odd weather we've had most of the UK pumpkins haven't turned orange and have stayed green...not the same.

Mind you , when I was a kid we were so poor we had to use a swede. Can you imagine how hard it was to scoop out a rock hard swede!?

Oh, and a Happy Samhain ( in advance) to all the wonderful pagans out there too!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:31 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../27/c5866.html

A head's up to any FOBs in Ontario... thre's nothing worse than forgetting the wine at the last minute then realising the LCBO is closed.
Done that before. Fortunately I was on very good terms with the owner of my local.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I'm sorry but this is about the most amusing thing that's been posted on the Canada forum in some while!

Open the "The Maple Leaf" my dear, and click on the little box that says new thread. Invent a title and spout away! Robert is the brother of your father! (as it were)
Thank you so much morwenna, but i can't find the 'Maple Leaf'?

I'm not thick or stupid, honest but i really am a novice with all this new fangled techno stuff, my daughter set my mobile phone up for me, and my son loses the will to live when i mention the DVD player!

I am amazed when the home phone rings - how do they know i am in!!! LOL or should that be SOS?!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karmen
Thank you so much morwenna, but i can't find the 'Maple Leaf'?

I'm not thick or stupid, honest but i really am a novice with all this new fangled techno stuff, my daughter set my mobile phone up for me, and my son loses the will to live when i mention the DVD player!

I am amazed when the home phone rings - how do they know i am in!!! LOL or should that be SOS?!
Karmen, I just started a thread for you. In the Maple Leaf. Click Canada and then the Maple Leaf forum.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Karmen, I just started a thread for you. In the Maple Leaf. Click Canada and then the Maple Leaf forum.
Thanks for all your help Novocastrian
Old Oct 6th 2007, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

ayrshire3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I thought I would give you my....erm, pumpkin pies worth.

We came over in January this year. So we have yet to have a Thanksgiving holiday here.

My husband, son and I are first generation too. So hence no family here.

Though we are being spoiled by my work colleages. My mgr cooked a very large pumpkin pie for my family and guests . Well I cann't really say guests are they are again, colleages from work who are coming over to my house to cook us all dinner. So I should really call them the cooks.

Oh. I better add that the "cooks" are also staying for dinner.

I just think it was such a special thing for them to arrange for us. And I am sure we will all have a great day.

And for once I will not mind being left with the dishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.