Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Sums it up nicely actually

Sums it up nicely actually

Old Apr 10th 2015, 1:28 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sums it up nicely actually

I wonder if the Scilly person will ever post again after the way they have been treated......Shame on us.......
Old Apr 10th 2015, 11:52 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

They come ... they post ... they go away

Life ...or its smaller virtual pathetic BE counter part goes on...

Who cares .....
Old Apr 10th 2015, 2:59 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I wonder if the Scilly person will ever post again after the way they have been treated......Shame on us.......
Originally Posted by MikeUK
They come ... they post ... they go away

Life ...or its smaller virtual pathetic BE counter part goes on...

Who cares .....
You two owe me a pint on the 8th for thread drift as well.

I have set up one of those online crowd sourcing pages with a paypal account linked directly to my offshore bank.

Be sure to wire the money.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
If I remember correctly, no-one welcomed me as a new poster last year

No-one noticed or commented when I returned after an absence
Yes, they did welcome you. http://britishexpats.com/forum/welco...people-786855/

And of course nobody commented when you returned. That's nothing personal against you, it's just that it's very unrealistic to expect people to remember you after 2 years when you only posted approx 20 times before you left anyway. If somebody like Oink, Novo, Schnooks, exKiwilass, etc, disappeared then it would be noticed - not so much somebody who isn't a forum regular and has barely posted.

A bit of banter and sarcasm doesn't mean it's bullying either btw. If anybody breaks site rules then we'd take action, but gentle ribbing is the British way (and definitely the BE way) and it's to be taken with a pinch of salt and certainly not personally. If you really feel that any posts have bullied you, then please report them and the mods will take a look.

HTH clarify things a bit for you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 10th 2015 at 3:39 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 3:57 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, they did welcome you. http://britishexpats.com/forum/welco...people-786855/

And of course nobody commented when you returned. That's nothing personal against you, it's just that it's very unrealistic to expect people to remember you after 2 years when you only posted approx 20 times before you left anyway. If somebody like Oink, Novo, Schnooks, exKiwilass, etc, disappeared then it would be noticed - not so much somebody who isn't a forum regular and has barely posted.

A bit of banter and sarcasm doesn't mean it's bullying either btw. If anybody breaks site rules then we'd take action, but gentle ribbing is the British way (and definitely the BE way) and it's to be taken with a pinch of salt and certainly not personally. If you really feel that any posts have bullied you, then please report them and the mods will take a look.

HTH clarify things a bit for you.
Thank you for clarifying.

Be sure to wire transfer your $8.

I've kindly put the tip and tax in for you.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Thank you for clarifying.

Be sure to wire transfer your $8.

I've kindly put the tip and tax in for you.
Sure, no problem. Luckily I've just inherited $8,000,000 from a Nigerian prince, so as soon as I receive that I'll send you your money.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:36 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sure, no problem. Luckily I've just inherited $8,000,000 from a Nigerian prince, so as soon as I receive that I'll send you your money.
Have you wired the £5k over to his courier's Western Union account yet - so he can purchase the plane ticket for he and his bodyguard to bring the cash over in person?
Old Apr 10th 2015, 5:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Shard
Have you wired the £5k over to his courier's Western Union account yet - so he can purchase the plane ticket for he and his bodyguard to bring the cash over in person?
Of course I have. Why are you laughing? Winning this kind of money isn't a joke you know.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:13 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I received a BA (Nat Sci), an MA and a DPhil from a fairly decent University in England in a grand total of six years.

Clearly I'm inferior to a Canadian student who might well have taken 10 years to achieve something vaguely comparable.

Of course, I'm not a Pakistani.
Where is your opaque accent from then?

Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel

My accent is not opaque, it's transparently non-existent.

You talk a bit funny though.

PS I've just stumbled across that other thread. See you again on May 8th?
Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:22 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely. I've just convinced some fresh fish that I'm transferring $8,000,000 out of Lagos. If I can wrangle the first of the $5,000 payments to cover bank fees in time, I might even buy a round!

See James- this is NOT thread drift.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:28 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

My accent is not opaque, it's transparently non-existent.

You talk a bit funny though.

PS I've just stumbled across that other thread. See you again on May 8th?
Definitely. I've just convinced some fresh fish that I'm transferring $8,000,000 out of Lagos. If I can wrangle the first of the $5,000 payments to cover bank fees in time, I might even buy a round!

See James- this is NOT thread drift.

You are down for $8 x 2 now Pizzawheel!

Novo racking up his bill faster than a speeding bullet too.

I am almost a paper millionaire now.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 6:50 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
You are down for $8 x 2 now Pizzawheel!

Novo racking up his bill faster than a speeding bullet too.

I am almost a paper millionaire now.
Typical cockney rip off. What is this, some southern ponce idea about Pay Per Post Internet?

You know what you can do with your paper million? Thought so.

On the other hand, were you to feel moved to buy this old man a pint or three in recognition of the hours of fun you've had reading free erudition from my fingertips all these years, that would be acceptable.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 7:08 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Typical cockney rip off. What is this, some southern ponce idea about Pay Per Post Internet?

You know what you can do with your paper million? Thought so.

On the other hand, were you to feel moved to buy this old man a pint or three in recognition of the hours of fun you've had reading free erudition from my fingertips all these years, that would be acceptable.
What's he saying James? My Urdu is even worse than my French.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 7:25 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Exclamation Re: Sums it up nicely actually

Attention; Serious On Topic Post:

Originally Posted by colchar
This issue is not as cut and dried as some make it seem - there are a lot of issues involved.

For example, many of these people might be educated in their home countries but those educations are not necessarily up to the standards of a Canadian education.
Canadian institutions have no problem rejecting education from countries most people would consider equivalent- and even when there are specific international accords in lace to assist mobility and address the problems of variable education quality in unregulated countries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.