Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Struggling Here

Struggling Here

Old May 19th 2012, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

themurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Struggling Here

It seems persistence eventually pays off.

Good Afternoon,

Audrey from Deputy Minister, Marcia Nelson’s office contacted me and asked if I could follow up with all of you in regards to the next meeting, since I already had your contact info. Below is a list of dates Ms. Nelson is available in June, can you please advise which dates will work best for you so that we may get the next meeting underway.

As you know the DM’s schedules fill rather quickly so it would be helpful if you could respond as quickly as possible.

Thank you in advance,

<snip>
Administrative Assistant
Alberta Mental Health Patient Advocate Office
12th Flr. Centre West Bldg.
10035-108 Street
Edmonton, AB
T5J 3E1

Last edited by Sue; May 19th 2012 at 11:07 pm. Reason: Name and tel removed
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

themurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud of
Default Re: Struggling Here

We have now met with the Deputy Ministers and executives of the Alberta Health Services twice now. There are more meetings planned and we have been asked for our help and input on a new model using our experiences in trying to deal with the system.
The Ministers have acknowledged that there are failures and are willing to put things right and make the system safer for vulnerable children and teens.
This is a huge step forward. Although its early days ,and still in the planning stages,the purpose of this committee is for parents to have a voice straight to Government.
If you as a parent have come up against a brick wall as our group has,then you need to contact us.
I have to say,it will not get an instant fix. We have set out the roadblocks that we have encountered to the Ministers but there must be parents who have come up against things we haven't.
If you want to be heard then for now you can contact us at this address

[email protected]

We are told that there will be a link set up on the AHS website but for now,the above address will work.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 9:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themurphyfamily
We have now met with the Deputy Ministers and executives of the Alberta Health Services twice now. There are more meetings planned and we have been asked for our help and input on a new model using our experiences in trying to deal with the system.
The Ministers have acknowledged that there are failures and are willing to put things right and make the system safer for vulnerable children and teens.
This is a huge step forward. Although its early days ,and still in the planning stages,the purpose of this committee is for parents to have a voice straight to Government.
If you as a parent have come up against a brick wall as our group has,then you need to contact us.
I have to say,it will not get an instant fix. We have set out the roadblocks that we have encountered to the Ministers but there must be parents who have come up against things we haven't.
If you want to be heard then for now you can contact us at this address

[email protected]

We are told that there will be a link set up on the AHS website but for now,the above address will work.
Any update on your daughter? Did she decide to continue with the pregnancy? Have you seen her or had contact?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 6:07 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

i know this may be seen as a bit trite in the circumstances, but wanted to send (((hugs))) i hope you manage to help your daughter and get her out of harms way. maybe a baby will help her, maybe not, but hearing that child cry - you know yourself - you'd do anything for it. good luck and my best wishes.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Yes our daughter is still pregnant. She is no longer living with this couple who had her on this BBW website. The woman apparently had moved in another man into the house (other than her husband) and was taking sexual pictures of herself and sending them to this man. Our daughter found out and told the husband. This led to a huge argument and she left.
At present she is living with the babies father and his parents. We took her out for dinner on her birthday and it was heartbreaking to drive away afterwards. Looking at her in the rearview mirror and seeing her look so small and lost was really hard.
After this bustup @ the place where she was living, I had asked her if she was coming home and her reply was no not yet.
I have no idea what that means.
There is manipulation going on here as she wrote a long message to her Mum on FB saying she was sorry for everything and a couple of weeks later we are back to being abusive when she's not getting her own way.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased that she got out of the BBW couples house , and pleased that you had dinner on her birthday . Hope the baby brings better things for all of you
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really nice

I am amazed by the amount of information you are prepared to put out on a public forum.

You seem to be happy that you have the prospect of a meeting. i really hope that everything works.

each day on is one day too long in your situation. Go back to the UK, take away PR's and get your extended family & friends around you for support.

i assume by being on a public forum i can reply and make this suggestion.