Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Snow in Cheltenham UK

Snow in Cheltenham UK

Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Wild George will become famous soon enoughWild George will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Snow in Cheltenham UK

[QUOTE=CalgaryBlade]

P.S. The people building the new house over tha back of us have just sold up i
n Bragg Creek, perhaps the lure of the Balti was too much [/QUOTE

Yep I can understand that, the call of the pompom is particularly strong on a Friday night
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:49 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

The thought of dogging in the snow recalls John Cooper Clarke's Reader's Wives: "cold flesh the colour of potatoes".
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

GlosMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyspoon
Have just been for an Indian meal at Kings Balti in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire and there was a bit of a blizzard going on outside!!!!!!!
BBC weather give minus 10 by midnight tonight!!
Cannot remember the last time it snowed in UK in November - then again have had to retype this twice as Kings Balti was unlicensed!
Wow never thought I'd see Cheltenham mentioned on this forum ..especially connected to SNOW and -10c.
Lived in Cheltenham during soem of the 80's and 90's and worked at M&G in St James Square. Lots of good Indians in Cheltenham. Is Hussains still there down the Bath Road ? I've still to find an Indian as good as that in Toronto...........but I think that is more bad luck. Where is Kings Balti ?........I can't remember Everest,Balti Walla,Hussains,
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GlosMaple
I've still to find an Indian as good as that in Toronto...........but I think that is more bad luck.
Where along Gerrard have you tried ?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

We have just about no snow left here in Regina. Its a bit cold though - minus 4 right now at 2 pm BUT - it could be a lot worse!

This photo was taken from my deck about 8 this morning

Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbd33
Where along Gerrard have you tried ?
Haven't tried anywhere ?..........Have you any recommendations ?

I'd appreciate..........I truly have had some awful curries and even thought about opening one myself.........but i'm not too authentic !!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:02 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizwil98
We have just about no snow left here in Regina. Its a bit cold though - minus 4 right now at 2 pm BUT - it could be a lot worse!

This photo was taken from my deck about 8 this morning

What happened? Did someone set fire to the city during the night?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:10 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Haven't tried anywhere ?..........Have you any recommendations ?

I'd appreciate..........I truly have had some awful curries and even thought about opening one myself.........but i'm not too authentic !!
We order in from the BBQ Hut, south side, nearly at Coxwell, once a week or so. Chicken barra kebab, beef vindaloo, mutton korma are our staple items. Madras Durbar, also on the south side, a little west of there, is a south Indian veggie place, highly regarded by a south Indian friend but a bit alien to me; donut in yoghurt anyone ?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

We order in from the BBQ Hut, south side, nearly at Coxwell, once a week or so. Chicken barra kebab, beef vindaloo, mutton korma are our staple items. Madras Durbar, also on the south side, a little west of there, is a south Indian veggie place, highly regarded by a south Indian friend but a bit alien to me; donut in yoghurt anyone ?
Thanks for that dbd33, I live just off Royal York in West End so the order in is probably not an option but a field trip may be on the cards !! We also have some friends just of Coxwell so we might have to invite ourselves with ordere in of course !!
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Thanks for that dbd33, I live just off Royal York in West End so the order in is probably not an option but a field trip may be on the cards !! We also have some friends just of Coxwell so we might have to invite ourselves with ordere in of course !!
If you'd like to eat at the BBQ Hut and fancy company we're always game. pm or email will work.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

lucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant futurelucyspoon has a brilliant future
Cool Re: Snow in Cheltenham UK

Wow never thought I'd see Cheltenham mentioned on this forum ..especially connected to SNOW and -10c.
Lived in Cheltenham during soem of the 80's and 90's and worked at M&G in St James Square. Lots of good Indians in Cheltenham. Is Hussains still there down the Bath Road ? I've still to find an Indian as good as that in Toronto...........but I think that is more bad luck. Where is Kings Balti ?........I can't remember Everest,Balti Walla,Hussains,
Hussains is still there opposite Weatherspoons - we frequent Kings Balti at Sixways Charlton KIngs on the London Road as still unlicensed - Everest is still going strong - visiting there for the next 2 weekends as birthday season - still bitterly cold here but snow did not amount to much - nevertheless 6 hours of queues on Bodmin Moor yesterday and a few schools could not get their pupils home so they had to sleep overnight (Devon & Cornawall). As per usual Blighty did not cope! What a show!
Tried all night licensing last night and it was great - no buying 4 rounds at 22.50hrs,pulling the curtains and turning Juke Box down! what a result
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

If you'd like to eat at the BBQ Hut and fancy company we're always game. pm or email will work.
Thanks,..............may well do that......would be good to have some different banter!!