On our way

Old Nov 21st 2017, 3:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On our way

Originally Posted by Richb1970
So we are in Vancouver now. An emotionally and physically draining weekend!

The worst part was getting the dogs across - we have a cross breed they thought was a pug so got an email 5pm the night before saying this it was a nightmare no sleep then got to Heathrow and the supervisor took one look at her and said - yep fine to go could have kissed her!

Van airport was deserted so got to baggage and all we could hear was our dogs whining which was a relief they made it OK.

Customs officer was VERY grumpy and told me they couldnt issue a work permit at entry. A really helpful colleague appeared and we got it sorted within half an hour - 3 work permits and a visitor visa and off we went.

I was most aggrieved as I have spent months being organised and getting paperwork together and they barely glanced at it!! Most of what was needed was on file on their system so they just added some addresses and printed off the paperwork

Overall - Vancouver seems more peaceful than the summer - few bits to sort then head off to Kelowna once we have a car purchased
Welcome home..

Old Nov 21st 2017, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Shilly25 is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst part was getting the dogs across - we have a cross breed they thought was a pug so got an email 5pm the night before saying this it was a nightmare no sleep then got to Heathrow and the supervisor took one look at her and said - yep fine to go could have kissed her!

Van airport was deserted so got to baggage and all we could hear was our dogs whining which was a relief they made it OK.

Customs officer was VERY grumpy and told me they couldnt issue a work permit at entry. A really helpful colleague appeared and we got it sorted within half an hour - 3 work permits and a visitor visa and off we went.

I was most aggrieved as I have spent months being organised and getting paperwork together and they barely glanced at it!! Most of what was needed was on file on their system so they just added some addresses and printed off the paperwork

Overall - Vancouver seems more peaceful than the summer - few bits to sort then head off to Kelowna once we have a car purchased
We are at the very beginning of the journey,but have two dogs also and would love to take them
How difficult was the process regarding the dogs and any advice you could give would be really appreciated
Colin
Old Nov 28th 2017, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

hannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the roughhannah1001 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the Okanagan!

We're in Summerland - we arrived in August so just a few months ahead of you. My husband's a GP here and we have British GP friends in Peachland and Kelowna. Give us a shout if you need anything. 😊

Ps you picked the best part of Canada 😄
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 4:08 pm
Banned

TrustPilot is a jewel in the roughTrustPilot is a jewel in the roughTrustPilot is a jewel in the roughTrustPilot is a jewel in the rough

congratulations, keep us updated on your new adventures in Kelowna.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting past week!!

After a load of paperwork thought we would have some fun and went skiing last Sunday - unfortunately I fell over and dislocated my shoulder and fractured the greater tuberosity!!

So its been an interesting week working one armed but really enjoyed it.

Took in our first Hockey game tonight which was great fun.

Kelowna is a great place I am sure we will have a great time here
Old Dec 4th 2017, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Verdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond reputeVerdant has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! Glad you're ok and mending. We tend to not ski for the reason that my other half struggles to maintain balance and pose on a typical day, let alone being propelled by gravity downhill... snowshoeing is a lot less risk.

Great to hear that you're settling in! Did you end up buying or are you renting for a bit?
Old Dec 4th 2017, 1:37 pm
Banned

TrustPilot is a jewel in the roughTrustPilot is a jewel in the roughTrustPilot is a jewel in the roughTrustPilot is a jewel in the rough

what a misfortune, I'm sorry. What role did you play?
Old Dec 11th 2017, 4:09 am
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Rich! Welcome to Kelowna, myself and hubby have been here since 2015 PR within grasping sight for us now! ! If you need anything let us know! Always happy to help as we’ve had so much great support here!!!
Beckie