HSBC ACCOUNTS

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

gt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nicegt94sss2 is just really nice
Default Re: HSBC ACCOUNTS

Originally Posted by kullymack
HSBC used to do a passport account from the UK where you could set up your account before you went to Canada and have your converted currency put into it.
I think they now call it HSBC Advance for Newcomers

Regards
Sunil
Old Oct 4th 2010, 12:18 am
Soulless bureaucrat

Lemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond repute

If you are an HSBC Premier Customer you get refunded your $1.50 charge every time you withdraw from any ATM.

God knows how long they'll keep that up - must be losing them money?

Have been with them for three years over here and fact they don't have many branches doesn't bother me. Do all my banking online anyways and you can mail in cheques if you need to.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We found a nice branch the other side of Edmonton in the Hamptons. It is open until 7pm on Thursday and Friday. The girl I saw last week is an immigrant also and is really helpful. I meet her again this week to see what help they are going to give after saying they would do this and that when opening up the account. hopefully it will be line of credit so I can get a car.

So maybe will stay with them ?

JET
Old Oct 4th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lemonfish
If you are an HSBC Premier Customer you get refunded your $1.50 charge every time you withdraw from any ATM.

God knows how long they'll keep that up - must be losing them money?

Have been with them for three years over here and fact they don't have many branches doesn't bother me. Do all my banking online anyways and you can mail in cheques if you need to.
Same here, we do online banking, don't need to visit a branch although I do have TD with mortgage and my pay goes in that for day to day stuff we are very happy with how HSBC worked out
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Hi
We opened a HSBC account here (Ontario) with real ease. We got 1 years banking for free, had one Canadian Dollar account and one Sterling account with them, so we could move money in and transfer it over really easily. It sounded great but to be honest, they don't give great transfer rates, their branches are really sparce out here (as already mentioned) and their service sucks. The one really good thing worth mentioning is that they DID give us a credit card straight away. It's taken a year to try and build some kind of credit history and we are only now starting to get other credit card companies offering us cards, but we have paid off the balance in full without fail all year. That is worth it.
I have now opened an account with Currency Online (part of HiFX) and that seemed to be tip top and we get better rates. HSBC over here are rubbish in comparison to the UK for day to day banking and they charge the earth for making bank transfers or bank drafts. All the things you need when you are starting out for car purchases, rent etc.
I have now closed my HSBC account (true skin-flint I am, I won't pay for banking!) and have opened a Presidents Choice free bank account - brilliant! ATM's in each shopping centre - just like banking in Tesco's - Sweet!
good luck to you!
I am looking into the bank side of things now and confess havent a clue!!! I have read the info on here. We opened an account with TD when we were over on a reccie in 2009 and left a bit of cash in to manage account. I was interested to see Presidents have a free bank account. What tyoe of account is that for? and if they offer free banking why doesnt everyone use them???

I have gone back over my paperwork given by TD and am quite shocked by the charges or minimum monthly balances etc!! I have a lot to learn yet- lol