Hi

Old May 27th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Keldanem will become famous soon enoughKeldanem will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Hello Keldanem

Welcome to BE forum....
Know what your saying about the unstable housing market....it couldnt have come at a worse time for me...I should hopefully get my PR around autumn, Im constantly switching between selling or letting my house! really dont know what to do!

Be great if your husband can get a intercompany transfer...having a job to go to is a massive weight off your mind..something I have yet to sort.

Good luck!

Paul
Hi Paul,

This is the one thing that is making us take our time. We have heard many reports throughout the media many scaremongering but some that say that if you sit tight and ride it out then the market will stabalise and bring itself back up again. We are really hoping that when the time comes Hubby's company will be able to offer him something but looking into all options just in
case.

I bet you can't wait for that stamp in the passport. Have you been over on any recce's to look for jobs yet? From most of the threads I think this is how those that have found jobs do it.

Good luck to you too and fingers crossed that you find the right job soon.

Kelly
Old May 27th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
That's what we did. Bought a holiday home went back to UK applied on the Federal route and then got fed up waiting. Came on visitors visa and found out about NSNP CI stream and were nomminated 8 months later we had residency. Been here 3 years now.
Hi Paradisefound,

Glad to hear that you have had a great experience and are now enjoying your life in Nova Scotia. Your insight to your life in Canada brought a smile to my face and I just hope we can give our daughter the same.

Kelly
Old May 27th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keldanem
Hi Paul,

This is the one thing that is making us take our time. We have heard many reports throughout the media many scaremongering but some that say that if you sit tight and ride it out then the market will stabalise and bring itself back up again. We are really hoping that when the time comes Hubby's company will be able to offer him something but looking into all options just in
case.

I bet you can't wait for that stamp in the passport. Have you been over on any recce's to look for jobs yet? From most of the threads I think this is how those that have found jobs do it.

Good luck to you too and fingers crossed that you find the right job soon.

Kelly

Hello Kelly,

Yes, I think I have made my decision to sit tight with the house, even if prices hadn't dropped that much looking at the graphs - then I think I would have to cut the price significantly to actually make a sale - as everyone is that twitchy, houses just aint selling - the market has stagnated, and ive heard on more than one occasion that even buliders are easing up on their buliding projects as the money from sales is not coming in to fund new construction. Im sure it cant go on forever, the UK has a housing shortage, its just that now is the wrong tim to sell. Real bad timng for me! Typical!! Im not delaying my move, so the only option is to let my house until the market starts to recover, didnt really want to do that, dont want the hassle and worry whilst im in Canada, but Im not prepared to lose that amount of unrecoverable money - my house is all I have. One way to look at it tho is I suppose I have somewhere to fall back on if Canada doesnt work - but I am going to try my hardest to make it work.

As for jobs, thanks for the advice, I shall be over there in September for a holiday - and some of that will be spent speaking to as many companies and emploment agencies as I can, even trying to set up some face to face inteviews/informal chats. My only problem is that is September I wont be planning to head out there to early next year, but if Im manage to get some face to face chats, Im more likey to be remembered. I can hope!

Hope your husband get something sorted, that will be a really good path to get into Canada.

Paul
Old May 27th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Hello Kelly,

Yes, I think I have made my decision to sit tight with the house, even if prices hadn't dropped that much looking at the graphs - then I think I would have to cut the price significantly to actually make a sale - as everyone is that twitchy, houses just aint selling - the market has stagnated, and ive heard on more than one occasion that even buliders are easing up on their buliding projects as the money from sales is not coming in to fund new construction. Im sure it cant go on forever, the UK has a housing shortage, its just that now is the wrong tim to sell. Real bad timng for me! Typical!! Im not delaying my move, so the only option is to let my house until the market starts to recover, didnt really want to do that, dont want the hassle and worry whilst im in Canada, but Im not prepared to lose that amount of unrecoverable money - my house is all I have. One way to look at it tho is I suppose I have somewhere to fall back on if Canada doesnt work - but I am going to try my hardest to make it work.

As for jobs, thanks for the advice, I shall be over there in September for a holiday - and some of that will be spent speaking to as many companies and emploment agencies as I can, even trying to set up some face to face inteviews/informal chats. My only problem is that is September I wont be planning to head out there to early next year, but if Im manage to get some face to face chats, Im more likey to be remembered. I can hope!

Hope your husband get something sorted, that will be a really good path to get into Canada.

Paul
Good for you Paul. After the wait it would be a shame to put it off. Letting it out will not be the end of the world as long as you can cover your otugoings and as you say if things don't turn out as hoped in Canada you can come back and not have the worry of getting back on the property ladder in the UK (hope it doesn't turn out that way though).

With any luck you will be offered something during your holiday in September. I think it normally takes a few weeks for them to process the documents from their side anyway so a company might not see 3 or 4 months as that long really. Networking is the key it seems in Canada (not what you know but who).

Best Wishes and good luck

Kelly
Old May 28th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Hello Keldanem- Thanks for your message. I hope your feeling better
Fingers crossed for a smooth quick application. Looking at the weather in Bradford today, I really can't wait.

Hello Paul - Great minds think alike! My boyfriend and I are keeping our house on and renting it out and we also going over in Sept for a recce. We can't move till next summer, so I am hoping we will be able make an impression on employers also and have got acceptance by then.

Loza789
Old May 28th 2008, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keldanem
Good for you Paul. After the wait it would be a shame to put it off. Letting it out will not be the end of the world as long as you can cover your otugoings and as you say if things don't turn out as hoped in Canada you can come back and not have the worry of getting back on the property ladder in the UK (hope it doesn't turn out that way though).

With any luck you will be offered something during your holiday in September. I think it normally takes a few weeks for them to process the documents from their side anyway so a company might not see 3 or 4 months as that long really. Networking is the key it seems in Canada (not what you know but who).

Best Wishes and good luck

Kelly
I think you are right Kelly, - (not what you know who you know) - paticulary it seems in the way they do business in Canada, ive heard a few times that a lot of job postions never make large scale advertising. Also I think you could be right that some may look to the future, when comsidering me for a postion.

Good luck to you too, Im sure we will speak soon.

Loza 789

Lets hope our plans work with regard to letting our houses, and making an impression on an employer for future employment....im really ken to get something rolling there, and if I could get some positive feed back - it will be a massive weight off my mind.

We can hope!

Paul