Hi

Old May 23rd 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Keldanem will become famous soon enoughKeldanem will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Hope I didn't scare you away for too long
Hi Cassie 10000 not to worry I'm not easily scared, as you can see I am back on here today . We are quite a small office so don't think they would go down the monitoring route anyway.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiba
Hi Keldanem

Welcome to BE - it sounds as if you have a great plan! We have a 5 year plan so you're probably feeling the same as me

Isn't this site fantastic? I have recently been chatting to Novagirl about the Community Identified Stream. It sounds like a good option for you.

Good luck with your journey

Hi Biiba,

You're right this site is great. There is so much information and I think I might need the four years just to process it all

NovaGirl has also contacted me too and been extremely helpful and given me lots more to think about.

Good luck to you too. Keep us posted with your experience and I will will ours.

Kelly
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Hello Keldanam,

I am also a new comer and my boyfriend and i are planning on Toronto in the next 18 months (if we can). You'll get loads of info on here (even stuff you didn't think you needed to know) and I am sure you'll get there.

All the best

Loz
Old May 23rd 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loza789
Hello Keldanam,

I am also a new comer and my boyfriend and i are planning on Toronto in the next 18 months (if we can). You'll get loads of info on here (even stuff you didn't think you needed to know) and I am sure you'll get there.

All the best

Loz
Thanks Loz. Four years seems a long way off but I am sure it will come around in no time.

Have you and your boyfriend submitted your application yet are or you trying to get jobs first?

Good luck

Kelly
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Hello all & welcome!
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Hi Kelly,

We are trying to get jobs so we can go on a TWP. We've got tickets to the expo and have a two week recce planned for Sept (sent loads of resumes to agencies etc..), so fingers crossed.

I think it is going to be a long frustrating stuggle but worth it in the end.

Loz
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:27 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Keldanem
Hi Biiba,

You're right this site is great. There is so much information and I think I might need the four years just to process it all

NovaGirl has also contacted me too and been extremely helpful and given me lots more to think about.

Good luck to you too. Keep us posted with your experience and I will will ours.

Kelly
I will!

I'm sure we will all know each other intimately by the time we make it!
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by loza789
Hi Kelly,

We are trying to get jobs so we can go on a TWP. We've got tickets to the expo and have a two week recce planned for Sept (sent loads of resumes to agencies etc..), so fingers crossed.

I think it is going to be a long frustrating stuggle but worth it in the end.

Loz
Loza you never know whats around the corner, things could move quicker than you think. Hang on in there, i have been quite ill over the last few years, as yet i haven't been able to experience Nova Scotia in the way a healthy person could. But you are right about one thing, it will be worth it in the end, things will work out.
Old May 24th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would say hi and introduce us to you all.

We have been looking through the internet and over this forum for the past few months now trying to figure out the best way for us (me, hubby and 7 year old daughter) to fulfil a dream of emigrating to Canada. We have our hearts set on Nova Scotia but have set what we think is a realistic target of four years to achieve this.

Neither myself or my husband have any specific training other than on the job so we decided that the Skilled worker route will be a big no-no. We have since found out that my husbands company have locations across Canada so we hope to be able to get him an intercompany transfer. With the house market so unstable here at the moment we thought that to wait a couple of years and properly research and visit all the areas we are interested in would be the most sensible thing to do.

We are also looking at the possibility of going down the Community Identified route, buying somewhere in Nova Scotia first and estsblishing a relationship within the community before coming over. We like the idea of this option as we thought it would make the transition so much easier if we have friends and contacts first.

Looking forward to be able to gauge an insight into Canada and the immigration process through you all and to hopefully in the future be able to pass our own on to other newcomers.

Thanks

Keldanem
Hello Keldanem

Welcome to BE forum....
Know what your saying about the unstable housing market....it couldnt have come at a worse time for me...I should hopefully get my PR around autumn, Im constantly switching between selling or letting my house! really dont know what to do!

Be great if your husband can get a intercompany transfer...having a job to go to is a massive weight off your mind..something I have yet to sort.

Good luck!

Paul
Old May 24th 2008, 4:44 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Loza you never know whats around the corner, things could move quicker than you think. Hang on in there, i have been quite ill over the last few years, as yet i haven't been able to experience Nova Scotia in the way a healthy person could. But you are right about one thing, it will be worth it in the end, things will work out.
Well said NovaGirl
Old May 24th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Just thought I would say hi and introduce us to you all.

We have been looking through the internet and over this forum for the past few months now trying to figure out the best way for us (me, hubby and 7 year old daughter) to fulfil a dream of emigrating to Canada. We have our hearts set on Nova Scotia but have set what we think is a realistic target of four years to achieve this.

Neither myself or my husband have any specific training other than on the job so we decided that the Skilled worker route will be a big no-no. We have since found out that my husbands company have locations across Canada so we hope to be able to get him an intercompany transfer. With the house market so unstable here at the moment we thought that to wait a couple of years and properly research and visit all the areas we are interested in would be the most sensible thing to do.

We are also looking at the possibility of going down the Community Identified route, buying somewhere in Nova Scotia first and estsblishing a relationship within the community before coming over. We like the idea of this option as we thought it would make the transition so much easier if we have friends and contacts first.

Looking forward to be able to gauge an insight into Canada and the immigration process through you all and to hopefully in the future be able to pass our own on to other newcomers.

Thanks

Keldanem
That's what we did. Bought a holiday home went back to UK applied on the Federal route and then got fed up waiting. Came on visitors visa and found out about NSNP CI stream and were nomminated 8 months later we had residency. Been here 3 years now.

Last edited by Paradisefound; May 24th 2008 at 9:13 pm.
Old May 24th 2008, 9:27 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
That's what we did. Bought a holiday home went back to UK applied on the Federal route and then got fed up waiting. Came on visitors visa and found out about NSNP CI stream and were nomminated 8 months later we had residency. Been here 3 years now.
Wow! That's unbelievable....Fantastic
Old May 24th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Needless to say by your message name..... but just checking are you enjoying the experience?

Ive been reading far too much Moving back to the UK threads!! its all so negative!!

Im not going to that part of the site again!! felt I had to do it as part of my research, - see both sides and all that... Ive had enougfh negativity to last me now!!

But I must say "Paradise found" youre an inspiration!

Paul
Old May 26th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Needless to say by your message name..... but just checking are you enjoying the experience?

Ive been reading far too much Moving back to the UK threads!! its all so negative!!

Im not going to that part of the site again!! felt I had to do it as part of my research, - see both sides and all that... Ive had enougfh negativity to last me now!!

But I must say "Paradise found" youre an inspiration!

Paul
Thank you Paul.

All the family (including 6 and 18yr old girls) love it here. Only this afternoon speaking to our neighbors who moved here from Ontario about the same time we did, we all had to agree how lucky we were to be living and working in such a beautiful part of the world. The only thing is we all think the clocks seem to go faster here, maybe it is because we all enjoy it so much or maybe it's because we are surrounded by nature and you become aware how fast everything changes. We love NS, but especially life on the North Shore. We had just walked along the beach across from the house with our 6yr old, looking to see if we could find any treasure (sea glass). We were in luck and found quite a few pieces, plus a hat from the Caribbean. Further down the beach our neighbor was sitting looking out across to PEI and invited us for a glass of wine on the deck. We had a great time catching up on all the local news etc. The weather was gorgeous today and set to get better, finally after weeks of cool weather.

We had many people try to convince us to stay back in the UK, but those that have visited us have agreed it was a good move, especially when they see how healthier and happier the kids are. They are experiencing so much more than they ever did in the UK. Eg. Watching Lobster boats out on the water while waiting for the school bus to pick them up at the end of the drive, or catching sight of a bear or bald headed eagle along the road.
Old May 26th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Paul.

All the family (including 6 and 18yr old girls) love it here. Only this afternoon speaking to our neighbors who moved here from Ontario about the same time we did, we all had to agree how lucky we were to be living and working in such a beautiful part of the world. The only thing is we all think the clocks seem to go faster here, maybe it is because we all enjoy it so much or maybe it's because we are surrounded by nature and you become aware how fast everything changes. We love NS, but especially life on the North Shore. We had just walked along the beach across from the house with our 6yr old, looking to see if we could find any treasure (sea glass). We were in luck and found quite a few pieces, plus a hat from the Caribbean. Further down the beach our neighbor was sitting looking out across to PEI and invited us for a glass of wine on the deck. We had a great time catching up on all the local news etc. The weather was gorgeous today and set to get better, finally after weeks of cool weather.

We had many people try to convince us to stay back in the UK, but those that have visited us have agreed it was a good move, especially when they see how healthier and happier the kids are. They are experiencing so much more than they ever did in the UK. Eg. Watching Lobster boats out on the water while waiting for the school bus to pick them up at the end of the drive, or catching sight of a bear or bald headed eagle along the road.
Hello Paradisefound,

Thats what I need to hear!! wonderful positive stuff like that! Sounds fantastic - and firmly reminds me why I wanted to make the move in the first place! - Ive heard comments from other people saying that their family tried to convince them to stay, but once they went to vist them in there new home.....almost had to eat there words.

Nova Scotia sounds like its well worth a visit, when I a litttle more settled!

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.