Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Education credentials, Express entry, LPN

Education credentials, Express entry, LPN

Old Aug 18th 2015, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education credentials, Express entry, LPN

Hi I previously applied to CLPNA in 2014 and was granted a conditional licence until i sat the exam, however we did not emigrate but are now looking at the express entry route. Was wondering i would have to start the application process again to get my qualifications recognised to begin the EE process? TIA
Old Aug 18th 2015, 11:13 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Education credentials, Express entry, LPN

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
Hi I previously applied to CLPNA in 2014 and was granted a conditional licence until i sat the exam, however we did not emigrate but are now looking at the express entry route. Was wondering i would have to start the application process again to get my qualifications recognised to begin the EE process? TIA
I suspect the CLPNA had an expiration date...did you notice you had a certain length of time to sit the exam? If so, you will now need to apply via NNAS. You're probably best off emailing them directly though...
Old Aug 20th 2015, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

I have had an email saying the decision made on my application as an lpn is still valid.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 12:58 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I have had an email saying the decision made on my application as an lpn is still valid.
Ah that's excellent news! Time to book an exam then... Plus once you have registration hopefully you can apply and get a job offer (not sure on shortage in Alberta) but hopefully find someone willing to sponsor the LMIA process... And then you can apply via EE. Or look into provincial nomination in Alberta? That can get you the points required for EE too.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Would the fact that my education credentials have been checked to grant a conditional licence have any bearing on applying for EE? Or would i have to take exam and get licence before applying for EE? Its all confusing.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 5:22 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Would the fact that my education credentials have been checked to grant a conditional licence have any bearing on applying for EE? Or would i have to take exam and get licence before applying for EE? Its all confusing.
Have you tried the points calculator? I found I didn't have enough points for an ITA even assuming high language scores but yours might come out differently especially if you include a partner and we're possibly different ages. I suspect you need a job offer though but hopefully wrong..
Old Aug 20th 2015, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

using the points calculator i don't have enough points, so ?PNP or job offer but really don't think that will happen? think i was using the wrong points calculator but cant see if you did not have enough points tirytory than cant see how i would?

Last edited by ---mlm---; Aug 20th 2015 at 7:13 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

using the points calculator i don't have enough points, so ?PNP or job offer but really don't think that will happen? think i was using the wrong points calculator but cant see if you did not have enough points tirytory than cant see how i would?
You'll need to score above 67 on the FSW points score (Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers) as the first step, then if you get more than that you're eligible to enter the EE pool, where you'll get selected if you score more than approx 450. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool

If not, you'll need a LMIA/PNP nomination to score enough to be selected.

HTH.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 11:07 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Well without knowing anything about you, there are lots of ways our points could be different. Age is a factor- I suspect I'm older than you, I only counted my own language scores whereas I think you can use a partners language score too. If you spoke French or had a masters?