British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Education credentials, Express entry, LPN (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/education-credentials-express-entry-lpn-863626/)

---mlm--- Aug 18th 2015 2:50 pm

Education credentials, Express entry, LPN

Hi I previously applied to CLPNA in 2014 and was granted a conditional licence until i sat the exam, however we did not emigrate but are now looking at the express entry route. Was wondering i would have to start the application process again to get my qualifications recognised to begin the EE process? TIA

Tirytory Aug 18th 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Education credentials, Express entry, LPN

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11726795)
Hi I previously applied to CLPNA in 2014 and was granted a conditional licence until i sat the exam, however we did not emigrate but are now looking at the express entry route. Was wondering i would have to start the application process again to get my qualifications recognised to begin the EE process? TIA

I suspect the CLPNA had an expiration date...did you notice you had a certain length of time to sit the exam? If so, you will now need to apply via NNAS. You're probably best off emailing them directly though...

---mlm--- Aug 20th 2015 12:40 pm

I have had an email saying the decision made on my application as an lpn is still valid.

Tirytory Aug 20th 2015 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11728581)
I have had an email saying the decision made on my application as an lpn is still valid.

:thumbsup: Ah that's excellent news! Time to book an exam then... Plus once you have registration hopefully you can apply and get a job offer (not sure on shortage in Alberta) but hopefully find someone willing to sponsor the LMIA process... And then you can apply via EE. Or look into provincial nomination in Alberta? That can get you the points required for EE too.

---mlm--- Aug 20th 2015 4:42 pm

Would the fact that my education credentials have been checked to grant a conditional licence have any bearing on applying for EE? Or would i have to take exam and get licence before applying for EE? Its all confusing.

Tirytory Aug 20th 2015 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11728805)
Would the fact that my education credentials have been checked to grant a conditional licence have any bearing on applying for EE? Or would i have to take exam and get licence before applying for EE? Its all confusing.

Have you tried the points calculator? I found I didn't have enough points for an ITA even assuming high language scores but yours might come out differently especially if you include a partner and we're possibly different ages. I suspect you need a job offer though but hopefully wrong..

---mlm--- Aug 20th 2015 6:16 pm

using the points calculator i don't have enough points, so ?PNP or job offer but really don't think that will happen? think i was using the wrong points calculator but cant see if you did not have enough points tirytory than cant see how i would?

christmasoompa Aug 20th 2015 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11728874)
using the points calculator i don't have enough points, so ?PNP or job offer but really don't think that will happen? think i was using the wrong points calculator but cant see if you did not have enough points tirytory than cant see how i would?

You'll need to score above 67 on the FSW points score (Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers=) as the first step, then if you get more than that you're eligible to enter the EE pool, where you'll get selected if you score more than approx 450. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool

If not, you'll need a LMIA/PNP nomination to score enough to be selected.

HTH.

Tirytory Aug 20th 2015 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- (Post 11728874)

Well without knowing anything about you, there are lots of ways our points could be different. Age is a factor- I suspect I'm older than you, I only counted my own language scores whereas I think you can use a partners language score too. If you spoke French or had a masters?