Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Christmas decorations up already

Christmas decorations up already

Old Nov 19th 2008, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas decorations up already

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
Back in the UK i refused to put up decorations lights etc until the weekend before xmas, the wife and my 2 boys aged 5 and 7 had me on the roof TWO WEEKS AGO putting up lights,scared the s**t out of me

We were told by neighbours that when the snow comes you cant get up there to do it, i think i'll wait for the snow next year
You also can't get up there to take them down either. In NJ folk leave them up and take them down when the Easter decs go up. They still light them up every night...must cost them a fortune in leccie.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:30 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Mine went up last weekend and its snowed as I did it

any later and its too cold and you don't want to climb ladders sitting on Ice or snow

Granted last year we had a warm period in early January when I took them down, otherwise its wait untill spring
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

We are going to put ours up around the beginning of December... mind you we don't have any that will require teetering on the roof.. more a case of draping some lights over the tree and plugging them in. and we will be able to reach the top of the tree easily enough with the aid of a stool.

My kids have been pestering me to get one of those huge illuminated inflatable santa's.... I don't think so somehow!

Only 1 house in our street has theirs up at the moment.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by LotteW
We are going to put ours up around the beginning of December... mind you we don't have any that will require teetering on the roof.. more a case of draping some lights over the tree and plugging them in. and we will be able to reach the top of the tree easily enough with the aid of a stool.

My kids have been pestering me to get one of those huge illuminated inflatable santa's.... I don't think so somehow!

Only 1 house in our street has theirs up at the moment.
Don't be mean, buy the inflatable, disbar the meanie!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:01 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You also can't get up there to take them down either. In NJ folk leave them up and take them down when the Easter decs go up. They still light them up every night...must cost them a fortune in leccie.
Jerseygirl...regarding your dancing Avatar...Thanksgiving was months ago
Old Nov 19th 2008, 4:22 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Thanks iaink,

Should change that so that peeps can see that i`m in Canada...
Old Nov 19th 2008, 5:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Jerseygirl...regarding your dancing Avatar...Thanksgiving was months ago
I'm celebrating Thanksgiving around the world.