Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

An apprenticeship that will get me into Canada?

An apprenticeship that will get me into Canada?

Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:47 pm
Banned

Rubeus Hagrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: An apprenticeship that will get me into Canada?

Originally Posted by scilly
True ............... you just have to pick your places

Northern mill towns are not even beautiful ................ but the moors just outside them are stunning, especially if you like remote and isolated!

Yes, I do agree with you that there are very beautiful areas in Britain ............. that's why they get so many tourists and people wanting to move there.

I'm happy here though .............. I prefer being close to the sea, but there's nothing to beat the Rockies, or even the Prairies at the right time of year.

That's why Canada gets so many tourists and people wanting to move here
See? Even you understand it. " "you just have to pick your places lol".

You are, perhaps involuntarily, admitting yourself that England or the most part is a shithole. For all the moaning that people who MOVED AWAY from England are doing on behalf of my insulting it.. Your comments are ironic.

As for those Google images.. Almost every single one of those pictures is of London, a city where English people are a minority.. Yet it's still perceived as a sort of quintessential British city? Rubbish! The images that weren't of London were of rich country homes and privately owned land. Now would you please type in "Salford" "Manchester" "Birmingham" "Blackburn" "Portsmouth" "Southampton" or "terraced houses" into your google search?

People in England don't even like being English:

People in Liverpool don't like having an English identity at all. Ever seen a "Scouse not English" shirt?

Cornwall claims its its own country, and have a cheeky term for us English. Which is funny considering that all the Engish people go down there for summer breaks. If only they knew that the Cornish hate us, and consider us foreigners.

Cumbria once had its own language, and is considered by the rest of the UK to be Celtic, and thus certainly not typically English countryside. It "doesn't count" as it were.

English people are a minority in London. London is more like a world-city, barely resembles England at all.

See!? Even English people hate being English, and will do anything to seperate themselves from this country. Similar kind of thing in Northumbria too.

You could name me thousands of Australians/Canadians/Americans who identify as being Scottish, or Irish, or French, or German. Name me a single one who identifies as English.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rubeus Hagrid

You are, perhaps involuntarily, admitting yourself that England or the most part is a shithole. For all the moaning that people who MOVED AWAY from England are doing on behalf of my insulting it.. Your comments are ironic.

As for those Google images.. Almost every single one of those pictures is of London, a city where English people are a minority.. Yet it's still perceived as a sort of quintessential British city? Rubbish! The images that weren't of London were of rich country homes and privately owned land. Now would you please type in "Salford" "Manchester" "Birmingham" "Blackburn" "Portsmouth" "Southampton" or "terraced houses" into your google search?

People in Liverpool don't like having an English identity at all. Ever seen a "Scouse not English" shirt?

Cornwall claims its its own country, and have a cheeky term for us English. Which is funny considering that all the Engish people go down there for summer breaks. If only they knew that the Cornish hate us, and consider us foreigners.

Cumbria once had its own language, and is considered by the rest of the UK to be Celtic, and thus certainly not typically English countryside. It "doesn't count" as it were.

English people are a minority in London. London is more like a world-city, barely resembles England at all.

See!? Even English people hate being English, and will do anything to seperate themselves from this country. Similar kind of thing in Northumbria too.

You could name me thousands of Australians/Canadians/Americans who identify as being Scottish, or Irish, or French, or German. Name me a single one who identifies as English.

As a trained geneticist and family historian ........... I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a "true" English person. If you do a DNA analysis you will find genes in common with Asian and African people

They are a hybrid of thousands of years of invaders breeding with the original inhabitants, going all the way back to pre-history, possibly even Neanderthal man and all that.

And, yes, I count myself amongst the "Heinz 57", being born and bred in Lancashire.

There are more or less "pure bred" Welsh, Scottish, Celts in Cornwall ............ but not that many

Similarly the only "pure" Canadians in Canada are the First Nations people, the original inhabitants who have been invaded for many hundreds of years .......... mainly at first by the French and the British, who did their damndest to get the "native" out of them but turning them in copies of a good little English servant.

Have you ever thought that this means "I am PROUD to be Scouse"?????

In the years when I lived in Liverpool ............. "scouse" or "scouser" was a derogatory term for a person, but a very nice stew-type meal

It really is nothing to do with you why I'm here .............. except you have got it so very wrong.

We did not leave the UK because we were so fed up and dissatisfied with everything.

We left because OH got a job in one country, then another job here. We came because we wanted to see a bit of the world ............ but we found a country that suited US, where we were happy. As a result we are still here many years later .................

and you'd better be careful about slanging pensioners, because there are lots of us here, both ex-UK and other nationalities!

and I do wish you would stop swearing ............. this isn't the place for it!

But I do not agree with your description of England ................ it isn't a country I want to return to live in, but that doesn't mean that I would ever dream of calling it the names that you do.

It isn't England that is the problem .............. it is you. You really do need to get your depressive state sorted out before you make many more plans about leaving.

This country, or any other country, will not make you better unless you make yourself better.

Last edited by scilly; Apr 28th 2015 at 12:41 am. Reason: spelling errors
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:41 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Rubeus, just for the sake of argument let's imagine that a farmer looking for a hired man was willing to take on an unexperienced fellow and teach him. Wages would certainly be minimum because the good money goes to the experienced help. Often a hired man will have housing provided because the hours are ridiculous; super long days of hard work and no overtime pay. Operating heavy equipment is an essential skill and increasingly so is a 1A license to drive a big grain truck. You'd have to learn all that on the job or beforehand. Some of the hardest jobs I've had were working for farmers and I wouldn't want to do it again. Young men from Britain used to come to Saskatchewan to work for farmers 100 years ago and longer and their accounts are similar. There may be a farmer who would be willing, you'd have to explore. Maybe a deal for a short term like what your immigration status allows? They usually want and need experienced workers but who knows, there may be one who needs you, if not in this issue maybe in a subsequent one. Find work on a farm in England first and get some experience and your chances increase.
The Western Producer Agricultural Help Wanted
Don't get sucked into paying for job placement by some agency - they are thieves.

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 28th 2015 at 12:56 am. Reason: The warning
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by scilly
As a trained geneticist and family historian ........... I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a "true" English person. If you do a DNA analysis you will find genes in common with Asian and African people

They are a hybrid of thousands of years of invaders breeding with the original inhabitants, going all the way back to pre-history, possibly even Neanderthal man and all that.

And, yes, I count myself amongst the "Heinz 57", being born and bred in Lancashire.

There are more or less "pure bred" Welsh, Scottish, Celts in Cornwall ............ but not that many

Similarly the only "pure" Canadians in Canada are the First Nations people, the original inhabitants who have been invaded for many hundreds of years .......... mainly at first by the French and the British, who did their damndest to get the "native" out of them but turning them in copies of a good little English servant.

Have you ever thought that this means "I am PROUD to be Scouse"?????

In the years when I lived in Liverpool ............. "scouse" or "scouser" was a derogatory term for a person, but a very nice stew-type meal

It really is nothing to do with you why I'm here .............. except you have got it so very wrong.

We did not leave the UK because we were so fed up and dissatisfied with everything.

We left because OH got a job in one country, then another job here. We came because we wanted to see a bit of the world ............ but we found a country that suited US, where we were happy. As a result we are still here many years later .................

and you'd better be careful about slanging pensioners, because there are lots of us here, both ex-UK and other nationalities!

and I do wish you would stop swearing ............. this isn't the place for it!

But I do not agree with your description of England ................ it isn't a country I want to return to live in, but that doesn't mean that I would ever dream of calling it the names that you do.

It isn't England that is the problem .............. it is you. You really do need to get your depressive state sorted out before you make many more plans about leaving.

This country, or any other country, will not make you better unless you make yourself better.
"There is no such thing as a pure-blooded English person".

Exactly the kind of anti-European lie I'm used to. The English are a mix of many different European groups. Namely Germanic, Celtic, Nordic.. This is why we have such a problem with immigrtion. Not only does our language belong everyone, but so does our nationality. And it's about time we stood up for ourselves and said enough is enough.

I am an ethnic Englishman, if that makes you unhappy then I will label you as an anti-European. You're right about the Neanderthals though.

You, with all due respect, are of a different generation than I am. You grew up in a time when the English were a proud people, chavs didn't even exist back then.

But then truth is, is that your generation has forsaken ours. For it was our parents who were the teenage mothers, our parents who who opened the doors to immigration, our parents who raped every inch of culture this country once had. Your generation raised our parents, therofor its your fault.

How can you not believe in an English ethnicity, when English people are so damned ugly!? You don't find that anywhere else in the world. Now that is an ethnic trait. We killed all of our beautiful women off during the witch trials.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:01 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

"There is no such thing as a pure-blooded English person".

Exactly the kind of anti-European lie I'm used to. The English are a mix of many different European groups. Namely Germanic, Celtic, Nordic.. This is why we have such a problem with immigrtion. Not only does our language belong everyone, but so does our nationality. And it's about time we stood up for ourselves and said enough is enough.

I am an ethnic Englishman, if that makes you unhappy then I will label you as an anti-European. You're right about the Neanderthals though.

You, with all due respect, are of a different generation than I am. You grew up in a time when the English were a proud people, chavs didn't even exist back then.

But then truth is, is that your generation has forsaken ours. For it was our parents who were the teenage mothers, our parents who who opened the doors to immigration, our parents who raped every inch of culture this country once had. Your generation raised our parents, therofor its your fault.

How can you not believe in an English ethnicity, when English people are so damned ugly!? You don't find that anywhere else in the world. Now that is an ethnic trait. We killed all of our beautiful women off during the witch trials.
Not so sure I want you here now.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by caretaker
Not so sure I want you here now.
It isn't enough to simply say that you disagree. If you disagree you should say why.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:28 am
Stand-up Philosopher

It isn't enough to simply say that you disagree. If you disagree you should say why.
I just don't like your tone; too much venom.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by caretaker
I just don't like your tone; too much venom.
Sometimes things just need to be said the way they are.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:36 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Trip trap trip trap..
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Largo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond reputeLargo has a reputation beyond repute

Is Northumbria where you live? I lived there when it was called Northumberland. Several generations of my family lived there and still do and would not live anywhere else. Tell me what has changed.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:54 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rubeus Hagrid;11630765]"There is no such thing as a pure-blooded English person".

How can you not believe in an English ethnicity, when English people are so damned ugly!? You don't find that anywhere else in the world. Now that is an ethnic trait. We killed all of our beautiful women off during the witch trials.[/QUOTE]

I like this very much! Can I use it at my next group meeting? I think it answers many unanswered questions!
Old Apr 28th 2015, 2:07 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
[/COLOR]QUOTE]

I like this very much! Can I use it at my next group meeting? I think it answers many unanswered questions!
I've already used it.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 2:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes things just need to be said the way they are.
Your posts are beginning to sound more and more like trolling.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 2:14 am
Banned

Okay.. Can someone please tell me what's going on? x)

Why all the bloody Billy Goats Gruff references? And whats all this about knicking my jokes?

EDIT: You have my word that I am not trolling. What more can I give than my word?
Old Apr 28th 2015, 2:19 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were serious about the witch trials killing all the British beautiful women.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.