Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on Alberta...

Advice on Alberta...

Old Apr 21st 2017, 3:51 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Alberta...

Originally Posted by geoff52
This is general post not restricted to this topic.
I do not like to get into fire fights with other contributors on this forum, and I have enough sense just to walk away when people disagree strongly with any of my post. I am not here to win arguments or to make converts.
We all have different views and there is no absolute truth. We live in a world of shades of gray not black and white.
We get most of our information from the media, we can either accept that information or call it fake news.
But we can all be civil to one another on this forum which costs nothing.
Calling some ones post "hogwash" has never been a cogent argument.
I thought your original post was a relevant caveat, and was surprised so many jumped on it. The real value to newbies who are using this forum for info is to get a divergence of views, because as you say the truth does lie somewhere in the middle.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I thought your original post was a relevant caveat, and was surprised so many jumped on it. The real value to newbies who are using this forum for info is to get a divergence of views, because as you say the truth does lie somewhere in the middle.
I took no particular issue with what he said, I simply wanted to know what the source of his knowledge was. We still have no idea.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I took no particular issue with what he said, I simply wanted to know what the source of his knowledge was. We still have no idea.
Originally Posted by geoff52
The death of the Alberta dream
The death of the Alberta dream - Macleans.ca
Large-scale layoffs, empty office towers, falling house prices: Alberta has been gutted by the glut.

Alberta's report card reveals scars of economic upheaval, signs of recovery
Varcoe: Report shows Alberta’s economic turmoil but signs of recovery | Calgary Herald

Report card day arrived late last week as the provincial Finance Department unveiled its “Year in Review” study on Alberta’s sputtering economy in 2016.

He did post two sources.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
He did post two sources.
You believe that those answer the questions I posed, I don't.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

You believe that those answer the questions I posed, I don't.
That reply seems quite hostile considering I was trying to help.

I didn't profess to believe anything. You stated you wanted to know what the source of his knowledge was and so I quoted his previous post where he stated the source of his knowledge as I assumed you missed this.

Your previous post didn't mention questions beyond the sources of his knowledge and so I don't know what you're referring to there.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
That reply seems quite hostile considering I was trying to help.

I didn't profess to believe anything. You stated you wanted to know what the source of his knowledge was and so I quoted his previous post where he stated the source of his knowledge as I assumed you missed this.

Your previous post didn't mention questions beyond the sources of his knowledge and so I don't know what you're referring to there.
No hostility intended, so I apologise if you believe that was my intention.

If you read what he posted, and which I commented on, and his lack of response, I believe my position will be clear.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

No hostility intended, so I apologise if you believe that was my intention.

If you read what he posted, and which I commented on, and his lack of response, I believe my position will be clear.

Ah no problem, it's easy to misunderstand when reading text