Reload this Page >

About to Land/Partner Pregnant

About to Land/Partner Pregnant

Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:09 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About to Land/Partner Pregnant

Originally Posted by garymc
Will keep you informed of what happens.

Bazzz, glad everything went smooth for your self, in future if you dont actually have anything constructive to say then dont say anything at all.

Gary
Well you haven't planned this very well, have you? Why were you trying for a baby when you were potentially about to uproot and move half way round the world? Wouldn't it have made more sense to get pregnant once you know where you'll be living? Is an abortion out of the question?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

garymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant future

Indeed, it would be boring without someone like yourself.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Well you haven't planned this very well, have you? Why were you trying for a baby when you were potentially about to uproot and move half way round the world? Wouldn't it have made more sense to get pregnant once you know where you'll be living? Is an abortion out of the question?

Okay maybe there's something to be said for boring.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:18 pm

Hey, I'm the only one here actually facing up to the situation.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

garymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant future

Abortion!! What kind of person are you?

Remember, I said constructive.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:25 pm

Abortion!! What kind of person are you?

Remember, I said constructive.
As far as I understand it, at this stage it's a fairly trivial procedure - unless you've got religious concerns. Without getting into too much detail I assume this wasn't a complete surprise?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Tivial procedure maybe, not something I would contemplate.

Anyway, work in the morning. It's been a pleasure.

Gary
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:36 pm

Oh well. Looks like that's the end of your childhood dream. Seems a shame to abandon it over something so small.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

How about putting the guilt card on the girlfriend. Saying that by having the baby in Canada she is giving it the amazing 'gift' of having dual nationality (assuming it is eligable for UK as well from parents), and then it will have all the wonderful opportunities ahead of it that our parents never gave us and hence the PR headaches.

For this, all she has to do is living in Canada for a few months and give birth here. If she doesn't like it she can fly back to the UK almost immediately.

The baby will be a citizen, and (you'll have to check on this precisely) potentailly you'll all keep PR even living in the UK cos you are accompanied by a citizen.

I'm afraid I am more in bazzz's camp of tough love, and thinking of more of the long term strategic level.

Just out of interest, how much of an accident / surprise is this pregnany? Seems rather good timing for her to wriggle out of your dream that your girlfriend never thought would happen.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski

If she doesn't like it she can fly back to the UK almost immediately.
Actually that's not strictly true in order to leave Canada the baby would need a passport and in order to get a passport he/she would need a Birth Certificate. In Ontario this can take months. My little girl was born in May last year and we didn't get her Birth Certificate until August. The process can be fast tracked in certain circumstances but it would still take a little while.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Actually that's not strictly true in order to leave Canada the baby would need a passport and in order to get a passport he/she would need a Birth Certificate. In Ontario this can take months. My little girl was born in May last year and we didn't get her Birth Certificate until August. The process can be fast tracked in certain circumstances but it would still take a little while.
How long does it take to get a British passport for a baby born in Canada?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by live to ski
How long does it take to get a British passport for a baby born in Canada?
Not long - but I doubt it's possible to get anything until the child has a birth certificate.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me what my options are????

Having planned to Land as PR in Ontario in March of this year, that is my Partner,daughter and myself, we have just found out that my girlfriend is about 4weeks pregnant.
If your girlfriend has issues with the move, then why don't you at least "land" yourself? Plus her, if she wants to keep her options open?

Arrival of a baby after you "land" won't cancel your PR status. As others have said it would be a hassle to sponsor the child but probably easier than it would be to reapply from scratch.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not long - but I doubt it's possible to get anything until the child has a birth certificate.
Also in Ontario before you can apply for a Birth Certificate you first have to register the birth once you get notification that the birth has been registered then you can apply for the Birth Certificate. It a bit of an odd system.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:51 am
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bazzz I dont know if you have been edited or if it was you who brought abortion into this discussion, but it is in such poor taste I cant beleive you thought it even funny or vaguely appropriate. If someone doesnt like your sense of dry humour, I dont know that you need to drive your point home by being quite so extraordinarily childish and unpleasant. I dont see how you have added to this in any constructive context, so isnt your input a bit like trolling? I hope you find your joy so you can stop ruining others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.