Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Barbie

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 12th 2017, 4:54 am   #31
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
No evidence provded. That's how you roll right?
Evidence into what? You have already added the piece on one of the biggest corporate players paying no tax. Do you need to be spoon fed at every instance. Instead of attempting to deflect debate by insisting on media based evidence, think for yourself a little and argue from a basis of knowledge on subject matter.


But again what is there to crow about with foreign multi corporations extracting billions of dollars off shore to pay foreign share holders and enhance own earnings?

I know lets give a big fat corporate tax cut.....help our foreign investors to recoup greater profit. I mean the least we can do.
A few thousand workers get to pay taxes. Whoppie. I have very serious concerns with your level of argument and how the hell it helps Australia .....

Last edited by the troubadour; Dec 12th 2017 at 4:56 am.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 5:25 am   #32
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,027
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
No company wants to pay tax. So what you say. Sort of says it all with your mindset and corporate lobbyist approach.


So no problem 7.1 billion dollars can be tax free as they give jobs to a number of workers?


No wonder democracy is under threat. No wonder there is unrest within the ranks.


Such bullshit doesn't cut the mustard any more.
Speak to your local MP if you don't like the ability to offset losses against gains.

Of course if you are successful they will take your ability to do the same away too.

That's fair after all but it won't sit well with the me me me's
Beoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 6:11 am   #33
Card Carrying Deplorable
 
Amazulu's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Alloha snack bar
Posts: 22,980
Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Strange indeed. Like straight from the propaganda thoughts of the Chamber of Commerce thinking. Not to say out dated 80's Tory thinking with the 'Defend the big end of town' at all costs. Defend privilege attack the vulnerable. Welfare being only alright if it is to further corporate profits.
Banksters okay to benefit from socialism but not the ordinary Joe. Where in fact many should have been locked up for the treachery implemented through lies and deceit, greed and self interest.


So what if Richard Goyda , the CEO of Woolworths gets 100 million $ over ten years, but okay to cut rates of the working poor.....


Strange indeed.
Are you a Woolworths Shareholder? It is a listed company owned by its shareholders. They decide what the management of that company is paid - after all it is their money. If they feel that the CEO is adding value to their company and this justifies him being paid $100m over 10 years, then that's their issue not yours or mine. The politics of envy gets you nowhere Herman

If you want to have a say in what Woolworths pays its people, become a shareholder
__________________
Australia/UK - Same sh*t, different bucket
The Wallaby, still the bitch of the Springbok.
Amazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 6:21 am   #34
Card Carrying Deplorable
 
Amazulu's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Alloha snack bar
Posts: 22,980
Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
You best stay with matters you may know something about.(whatever that may be) You know woolly thinking assisted in the demise of the country you hailed from. Probably best not to allow Australia follow a path similar in ever greater disparity between wealth and class and have and have nots, then applaud the decline of Modern Day Australia.


If you are talking about Europe, something you fare poorly in every time you raise the matter, you may wish to look into all the government payments and support systems in place compared to Australia.


You know its called looking at the bigger picture....
And look, there's Australia - more successful and wealthier than every European country apart from Norway and Switzerland and on a par with Denmark (Germany doesn't even come close)

If anywhere is in demise it's Western Europe with its failed policies of excessive government intervention, taxation, nanny stateism, socialism and multiculturalism

Happy days in the world's newest muslim caliphate
__________________
Australia/UK - Same sh*t, different bucket
The Wallaby, still the bitch of the Springbok.
Amazulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 6:22 am   #35
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,027
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Evidence into what? You have already added the piece on one of the biggest corporate players paying no tax. Do you need to be spoon fed at every instance. Instead of attempting to deflect debate by insisting on media based evidence, think for yourself a little and argue from a basis of knowledge on subject matter.


But again what is there to crow about with foreign multi corporations extracting billions of dollars off shore to pay foreign share holders and enhance own earnings?

I know lets give a big fat corporate tax cut.....help our foreign investors to recoup greater profit. I mean the least we can do.
A few thousand workers get to pay taxes. Whoppie. I have very serious concerns with your level of argument and how the hell it helps Australia .....
Its been explained to you time and time again. If you can't put common sense before resentment, and good for the greater masses before your own selfish failings, your problem not mine.
Beoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 9:18 am   #36
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
Are you a Woolworths Shareholder? It is a listed company owned by its shareholders. They decide what the management of that company is paid - after all it is their money. If they feel that the CEO is adding value to their company and this justifies him being paid $100m over 10 years, then that's their issue not yours or mine. The politics of envy gets you nowhere Herman

If you want to have a say in what Woolworths pays its people, become a shareholder

A bit of 'lite' comic relief. What a tired old response to a subject that includes but far exceeds the payment, used as an example, in times of stagnating wages and increasing social disharmony.
I haven't time now but I might just include a fuller response to your constant retort to the politics of greed. About the only retort economic rightards appear capable of uttering in defence of the obscenity.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 9:25 am   #37
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Its been explained to you time and time again. If you can't put common sense before resentment, and good for the greater masses before your own selfish failings, your problem not mine.
No matter how many times you are called to order for writing utter nonsense you repeat the same tired old lines. I guess economics is not your subject as much as you want it to be.


A typical response. Ignore the facts and brick wall. meaning don't answer the post just fire back blanks. I'm afraid just because you say the same thing, time after time, it doesn't and will never make it fact.


Common sense fails to get of the leash in most all your posts. Common argument from the rightards of economic policy perhaps, but common sense, no. No problem though, I'll of course help out where I can.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th 2017, 7:29 pm   #38
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,027
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
No matter how many times you are called to order for writing utter nonsense you repeat the same tired old lines. I guess economics is not your subject as much as you want it to be.


A typical response. Ignore the facts and brick wall. meaning don't answer the post just fire back blanks. I'm afraid just because you say the same thing, time after time, it doesn't and will never make it fact.


Common sense fails to get of the leash in most all your posts. Common argument from the rightards of economic policy perhaps, but common sense, no. No problem though, I'll of course help out where I can.
Please. If you don't mind helping that would be great.

What we need you to do is to get off your lazy arse, grab the inititive box, and the motivation stick, and start giving a little bit of effort for your reward. The rest of us are doing it, and having fun at the same time, so its time for you to catch up. More action less complaining is the motto.

Feel free to bring your union rep. We won't listen, but you do pay him to be a part of your life.
Beoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:08 am   #39
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
Are you a Woolworths Shareholder? It is a listed company owned by its shareholders. They decide what the management of that company is paid - after all it is their money. If they feel that the CEO is adding value to their company and this justifies him being paid $100m over 10 years, then that's their issue not yours or mine. The politics of envy gets you nowhere Herman

If you want to have a say in what Woolworths pays its people, become a shareholder


No I am not a Woolworths shareholder. Your knowledge of the matter is at best vague. The share holders do not decide on what management of a company is paid. What you refer to Shareholder Governance is obviously ineffective as most people, myself included, don't usually have the time or persistence to wade through the relevant info sent out . Anyway most decisions on pay is made by corporate management to which share holders will likely not agree with the pay structure, but while get a return remain quiet about it. It does not in any sense mean agreement and quite the contrary often, but a usual share holder will have a portfolio of numerous shares hence apathy making the necessary time and informed decision is hardly worthwhile in most instances.


This does in no make infer agreement by shareholders with amount awarded to any individual.
Basic stuff though. Amazed an explanation needed, but as always here to help.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:23 am   #40
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Please. If you don't mind helping that would be great.

What we need you to do is to get off your lazy arse, grab the inititive box, and the motivation stick, and start giving a little bit of effort for your reward. The rest of us are doing it, and having fun at the same time, so its time for you to catch up. More action less complaining is the motto.

Feel free to bring your union rep. We won't listen, but you do pay him to be a part of your life.
The lazy arses are of course those with a feeling of entitlement and superiority over others when all evidence suggests none at all is due, but what is due is contempt in spades.


You might at one stage care to focus a little less on your own flawed ideology, which is responsible for a decline in life quality in this country, in the process attempt to see a bigger picture, instead of hitting the key board with over defensive statements, with no meaning, besides consisting of a ideological slant, necessary in every post you write.


One thing for certain you certainly won't listen, as such more than likely beyond help.


You would do well to recall all sides have ' a union' to further interests and support their members. Just different names.


Your contempt though for working people is ever obvious.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:33 am   #41
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazulu View Post
And look, there's Australia - more successful and wealthier than every European country apart from Norway and Switzerland and on a par with Denmark (Germany doesn't even come close)

If anywhere is in demise it's Western Europe with its failed policies of excessive government intervention, taxation, nanny stateism, socialism and multiculturalism

Happy days in the world's newest muslim caliphate
I've told you before, I believe. You need to change your reading habits and no remain a victim of The Islamophobia Industry. It's called thinking for yourself and not being dictated to by certain trouble makers targeting the vulnerable ......


So do come out with some of the most outrageous statements, but then I recall a post of yours, that claimed only having a bit of fun, and talking shite most the time, on another thread here, so it sort of says it all.


Australia richer than Germany? Yeah right. I think what most people want is not failed neo liberal politics that reward the few, but a life where their children get a sound education, a health service that they can rely on and a well funded retirement.
All the above available in countries you mention but know little about.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:34 am   #42
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,027
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The lazy arses are of course those with a feeling of entitlement and superiority over others when all evidence suggests none at all is due, but what is due is contempt in spades.


You might at one stage care to focus a little less on your own flawed ideology, which is responsible for a decline in life quality in this country, in the process attempt to see a bigger picture, instead of hitting the key board with over defensive statements, with no meaning, besides consisting of a ideological slant, necessary in every post you write.


One thing for certain you certainly won't listen, as such more than likely beyond help.


You would do well to recall all sides have ' a union' to further interests and support their members. Just different names.


Your contempt though for working people is ever obvious.
You described yourself pretty well there. At least you know your limitations.

Here's a cliche from those of us in the new world. "The age of entitlement is over"

Enjoy.
Beoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:38 am   #43
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
Its been explained to you time and time again. If you can't put common sense before resentment, and good for the greater masses before your own selfish failings, your problem not mine.
Neo Liberal politics equate 'common sense' in your book? There is certainly nothing 'common' in your approach and sense doesn't even enter into your ideological make up.


Here to help you on the right path though.......the thinking mans burden....
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 12:48 am   #44
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 4,768
the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
You described yourself pretty well there. At least you know your limitations.

Here's a cliche from those of us in the new world. "The age of entitlement is over"

Enjoy.
The 'age of entitlement' for the tax evaders, parasites, rent seekers of various descriptions, the corrupt, corporates running government, rewarding the rich, tax havens, the slow, ever declining standards in the nation, public life, while perhaps not over, has clearly been seen by an ever growing number of people as unacceptable, intolerable and in need of change.


Of course the rear guard, people as yourself will fight tooth and nail to defend the indefensible, but as they say, the writing in on the wall. It's all over baby blue. A new, fairer, more focused world consisting of real people being the goal.
the troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th 2017, 7:54 am   #45
Beoz 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,027
Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRADE UNIONS..hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
The 'age of entitlement' for the tax evaders,parasites, rent seekers of various descriptions
You mean criminals. That's what tax evaders are. Those who don't do their tax in accordance of the law. You tried to suggest Chevron fell into this category but were severly misinformed about their taxation situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
the corrupt, corporates running government, rewarding the rich, tax havens, the slow, ever declining standards in the nation, public life, while perhaps not over, has clearly been seen by an ever growing number of people as unacceptable, intolerable and in need of change.
Are you referring to living standards? For most they are increasing. For those living in past glories, failing to move with the times, you will find it a rude awakening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Of course the rear guard, people as yourself will fight tooth and nail to defend the indefensible, but as they say, the writing in on the wall. It's all over baby blue. A new, fairer, more focused world consisting of real people being the goal.
Already defended. Most of us are moving forward. Old dinosaurs like yourself are defending pointlessly hoping union scum will come to your lazy arse rescue.

As I have explained, your age of entitlement is over. No point hanging on to your former welfare life.
Beoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / The Barbie


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 9:34 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com