Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

awww I'm jealous - I want to come to the meet up!

Claire - it was a good idea wasnt it!!?? My husband thinks I'm great as I have told him I will have ready made friends when we get there so no worries about building a social life!

Everyone round to mine for drinks on the deck!! (in a year or so............)
Old Feb 10th 2007, 8:51 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is well today. I'm doing OK!

Welcome to Phoenix_uk and Teliko 21

It would be great to all have a Brizzy meet up! I've told my husband about it and he's going to register and get to know some Brizzy bound peeps too!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

This is a bit of girly thread, can I join in?
I'm the Oz perm Resident (emigrated with family in '89) and brought Matt back with me on a spouse visa after meeting him at uni in Manchester and spending a couple of years living with his family. He's just in the process of applying for his PR.

We love it here in Brissy, Matt has totally embraced the lifestyle (I've just dropped him of at the harbour for his dive trip).

Our boy is called Barney, he's 5 years old and slobbers a lot. (He's a dog )

J.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hi Jenny - whereabouts in Brissie are you?

And Claire and Tracey, how was the meet-up?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:56 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hi Jenny!

I was going to ask where in Brissy you are but Rachel has beaten me to it

Well as for me, my husband told his parents today! They were fine about it, although I knew they would be I was just a bit worried that they might be upset at the thought of their son living so far away! We've asked them to write statement for us so we should hopefully receive that from them next week. My family in Aus will be sending theirs to me next week and all! My husband has written his statement and then all thats left to do is the police checks and the meds! Yay!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi Jenny - whereabouts in Brissie are you?

And Claire and Tracey, how was the meet-up?
Hi Rachel

The meet was great and can I just say what a wonderful group of people there was there. Cant wait to meet up with them all again sometime. Dont think I have talked so much in ages lol.

Tracey x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:32 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi Rachel

The meet was great and can I just say what a wonderful group of people there was there. Cant wait to meet up with them all again sometime. Dont think I have talked so much in ages lol.

Tracey x
Have to agree with Tracey the meet was fab!!!! and we all talked too much!!!! C x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Tearose will become famous soon enoughTearose will become famous soon enough

I'd like to join in on this thread please,

i met my chap on-line in april 2004, a general chat room, and we hit it off straight away, he came over to the uk last year, and we spent almost 2 months together and decided that we wanted to be together.
we are just finishing putting the visa together, just my medical to get done now, dont know whether to wait and send it on and send it all in together with the visa application ?
my man is in Melbourne and miss him terribly
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:06 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tearose
I'd like to join in on this thread please,

i met my chap on-line in april 2004, a general chat room, and we hit it off straight away, he came over to the uk last year, and we spent almost 2 months together and decided that we wanted to be together.
we are just finishing putting the visa together, just my medical to get done now, dont know whether to wait and send it on and send it all in together with the visa application ?
my man is in Melbourne and miss him terribly
Tearose of course you can join our circle.....i should have mentioned it in my PM...sorry. C x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Tearose will become famous soon enoughTearose will become famous soon enough

thanks i'm sure i'll have lots of questions, if i may ask one already,

when you have to get something copied and then witnessed that it is a true copy of the original who do you need to sign it ? thanks in advance
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough

Hey guys. Never done this before. have joined thread without even asking, Sorry but thought that is how you reply??? Always confused. I am an Ozzy taking my OH and our 3 kiddys back to OZ. Twins boys aged 4 baby girl 1. Have applied 4 Visa, just awating the answer. V worrid as i have lived in the UK almost all my adult life. We are moving to Canberra, not quite as exciting as Brissy. Keep getting cold feet. Trying to selll house etc. OH has great job lined up. Hoping to start in May. No idea which suberb to live. Any ideas?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:26 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Tearose
thanks i'm sure i'll have lots of questions, if i may ask one already,

when you have to get something copied and then witnessed that it is a true copy of the original who do you need to sign it ? thanks in advance
I used a solicitor, but you can use a JP. Ring around and get some quotes, they will be quite varied!!! C x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:32 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs
Hey guys. Never done this before. have joined thread without even asking, Sorry but thought that is how you reply??? Always confused. I am an Ozzy taking my OH and our 3 kiddys back to OZ. Twins boys aged 4 baby girl 1. Have applied 4 Visa, just awating the answer. V worrid as i have lived in the UK almost all my adult life. We are moving to Canberra, not quite as exciting as Brissy. Keep getting cold feet. Trying to selll house etc. OH has great job lined up. Hoping to start in May. No idea which suberb to live. Any ideas?
Hello and welcome to our circle.......So you are applying for a spouse visa then, should'nt worry too much about the fact that you have lived here most of your life....my hubby has never lived in Aus and has only recently been granted his 'citizenship by descent' his mom was Australian. Me & 2 kids got our spouse visa granted without any probs.
Cant help with Canberra as we are heading to the Gold Coast.
Any other questions just ask?? C x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
Hello and welcome to our circle.......So you are applying for a spouse visa then, should'nt worry too much about the fact that you have lived here most of your life....my hubby has never lived in Aus and has only recently been granted his 'citizenship by descent' his mom was Australian. Me & 2 kids got our spouse visa granted without any probs.
How long did the Visa take?
Has only been 4 weeks since applying. Guess no news is good news.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
whoops I meant to say thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.