Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth - worst restaurants...

Perth - worst restaurants...

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth - worst restaurants...

Just to go along with PP's thread.

When I arrived here in 2005 I thought the food was great. Now I think it's very poor value in too many places. And yet still the crowds flock to these places.

Worst value for me?

Essex Restuarant in Fremantle.
Wild Fig in Waterman's
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth - worst restaurants...

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2

When I arrived here in 2005 I thought the food was great. Now I think it's very poor value in too many places. And yet still the crowds flock to these places.

Worst value for me?

Wild Fig in Waterman's
Outback Jacks in Fremantle - digusting, waited for an hour for my main course and when it came it was cold so refused to pay anything and left.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Worst value for me?

Wild Fig in Waterman's
Folk go to such places i believe owing to there being limited options of what to do and where else to meet up with friends,etc.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Outback Jacks in Fremantle - digusting, waited for an hour for my main course and when it came it was cold so refused to pay anything and left.
Fast Eddy's on Murray Street. Went there in our first week. Quite possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Deans, Scarborough
Hogs Breath Mindarie & Joondalup
Joes Fish Shack, Freo
Everywhere at Hillarys Boat Harbour
Trigg Island Cafe

All shite.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:15 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

The C Restaurant ... The views do not make up for the food.

I work in the same building and it's gash.

Saying that, I'm there for a power lunch this Friday.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by northernbird
Jimmy Deans, Scarborough
Hogs Breath Mindarie & Joondalup
Joes Fish Shack, Freo
Everywhere at Hillarys Boat Harbour
Trigg Island Cafe

All shite.
Forgot about Trigg Island Cafe. How the hell that gets people through the doors I'll never know.

Been twice. Once had steak and chips which was.....pathetic. Second time went for cake and the cheesecake was so synthetic I thought it was made of Lego. Absolutely crap.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Worst value for me?

Wild Fig in Waterman's
I actually quite like Wild Fig, yes it's overpriced but the foods pretty decent. The chocolate pudding is to die for. The one thing that lets it down though is the ridiculously slow service. Absolutely shocking.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I actually quite like Wild Fig, yes it's overpriced but the foods pretty decent. The chocolate pudding is to die for. The one thing that lets it down though is the ridiculously slow service. Absolutely shocking.
Do you know one thing I can't stand about the place? The way that the staff handle the cakes with their bare hands.
Never use gloves and there's just a tokenistic use of tongs etc. I even saw one waitress last week get a bit of cake on her hands and lick her fingerr before carrying the plate and cake over to the table.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

5 Rivers Indian. Horrible tasting food with undercooked rice and dried out nan.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Fast Eddy's on Murray Street. Went there in our first week. Quite possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten.
Mr PP had a rather vile dish at Little Creatures, my pizza was OK but nowt special.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

The Hogs breath in Mindarie !!! Not so much for the food but the arrogant rude twat of a manager ! He managed to ruin what should of been a fun evening for my daughters 13 th Birthday !!

Will never set foot in that place again !

Nicky
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Three Legs
The C Restaurant ... The views do not make up for the food.

I work in the same building and it's gash.

Saying that, I'm there for a power lunch this Friday.
Have to agree with you there, they think the views (well to the river, the ones over North and East Perth leave a bit to be desired) make up for overpriced, small portions and tired decor.

My worst one recently was Zapata's in Freo. Not particularly expensive but the food was awful. Every dish tasted the same.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Hog's Breath in Mandurah, crap service
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to allDennis The Menace is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
The Hogs breath in Mindarie !!! Not so much for the food but the arrogant rude twat of a manager ! He managed to ruin what should of been a fun evening for my daughters 13 th Birthday !!

Will never set foot in that place again !

Nicky
I'm with you 100% on that about the American Idiot manager/owner, never met such a false rude man in all my life (not in an amusing Basil Fawlty way), I will never set foot in the place again either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.