British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Perth - worst restaurants... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/perth-worst-restaurants-631948/)

NKSK version 2 Sep 22nd 2009 5:59 am

Perth - worst restaurants...

Just to go along with PP's thread.

When I arrived here in 2005 I thought the food was great. Now I think it's very poor value in too many places. And yet still the crowds flock to these places.

Worst value for me?

Essex Restuarant in Fremantle.
Wild Fig in Waterman's

Cheetah7 Sep 22nd 2009 6:00 am

Re: Perth - worst restaurants...

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2 (Post 7953019)

When I arrived here in 2005 I thought the food was great. Now I think it's very poor value in too many places. And yet still the crowds flock to these places.

Worst value for me?

Wild Fig in Waterman's

Outback Jacks in Fremantle - digusting, waited for an hour for my main course and when it came it was cold so refused to pay anything and left.

the troubadour Sep 22nd 2009 6:03 am

Worst value for me?

Wild Fig in Waterman's

Folk go to such places i believe owing to there being limited options of what to do and where else to meet up with friends,etc.

NKSK version 2 Sep 22nd 2009 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess (Post 7953024)
Outback Jacks in Fremantle - digusting, waited for an hour for my main course and when it came it was cold so refused to pay anything and left.

Fast Eddy's on Murray Street. Went there in our first week. Quite possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten.

northernbird Sep 22nd 2009 6:10 am

Jimmy Deans, Scarborough
Hogs Breath Mindarie & Joondalup
Joes Fish Shack, Freo
Everywhere at Hillarys Boat Harbour
Trigg Island Cafe

All shite.

Three Legs Sep 22nd 2009 6:15 am

The C Restaurant ... The views do not make up for the food.

I work in the same building and it's gash.

Saying that, I'm there for a power lunch this Friday.

NKSK version 2 Sep 22nd 2009 6:15 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 7953047)
Jimmy Deans, Scarborough
Hogs Breath Mindarie & Joondalup
Joes Fish Shack, Freo
Everywhere at Hillarys Boat Harbour
Trigg Island Cafe

All shite.

Forgot about Trigg Island Cafe. How the hell that gets people through the doors I'll never know.

Been twice. Once had steak and chips which was.....pathetic. Second time went for cake and the cheesecake was so synthetic I thought it was made of Lego. Absolutely crap.

The_Wookie Sep 22nd 2009 6:26 am

Worst value for me?

Wild Fig in Waterman's

I actually quite like Wild Fig, yes it's overpriced but the foods pretty decent. The chocolate pudding is to die for. The one thing that lets it down though is the ridiculously slow service. Absolutely shocking.

NKSK version 2 Sep 22nd 2009 6:28 am

Originally Posted by The_Wookie (Post 7953077)
I actually quite like Wild Fig, yes it's overpriced but the foods pretty decent. The chocolate pudding is to die for. The one thing that lets it down though is the ridiculously slow service. Absolutely shocking.

Do you know one thing I can't stand about the place? The way that the staff handle the cakes with their bare hands.
Never use gloves and there's just a tokenistic use of tongs etc. I even saw one waitress last week get a bit of cake on her hands and lick her fingerr before carrying the plate and cake over to the table.

Kingseat Sep 22nd 2009 6:44 am

5 Rivers Indian. Horrible tasting food with undercooked rice and dried out nan.

Cheetah7 Sep 22nd 2009 7:16 am

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2 (Post 7953033)
Fast Eddy's on Murray Street. Went there in our first week. Quite possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten.

Mr PP had a rather vile dish at Little Creatures, my pizza was OK but nowt special.

nickyjohnt Sep 22nd 2009 8:02 am

The Hogs breath in Mindarie !!! Not so much for the food but the arrogant rude twat of a manager ! He managed to ruin what should of been a fun evening for my daughters 13 th Birthday !! :frown:

Will never set foot in that place again !

Nicky

stm1971 Sep 22nd 2009 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs (Post 7953057)
The C Restaurant ... The views do not make up for the food.

I work in the same building and it's gash.

Saying that, I'm there for a power lunch this Friday.

Have to agree with you there, they think the views (well to the river, the ones over North and East Perth leave a bit to be desired) make up for overpriced, small portions and tired decor.

My worst one recently was Zapata's in Freo. Not particularly expensive but the food was awful. Every dish tasted the same. :thumbdown:

seat151 Sep 22nd 2009 11:23 am

Hog's Breath in Mandurah, crap service

Dennis The Menace Sep 22nd 2009 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt (Post 7953262)
The Hogs breath in Mindarie !!! Not so much for the food but the arrogant rude twat of a manager ! He managed to ruin what should of been a fun evening for my daughters 13 th Birthday !! :frown:

Will never set foot in that place again !

Nicky

I'm with you 100% on that about the American Idiot manager/owner, never met such a false rude man in all my life (not in an amusing Basil Fawlty way), I will never set foot in the place again either:thumbdown::thumbdown: