A League 2012/13

Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A League 2012/13

Most of the WSW grand final ticket allocation has now gone and now starting to buy up the tickets in the CCM end
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Most areas now sold out of tickets, not going to be many left for the general sale tomorrow. I hope the SFS members who have the whole of the top tier on one side turn out, would be a shame for WSW or CCM fans to miss out and stadium members seats remain empty.

Begining to think we could have sold out ANZ, 45,000 isn't looking big enough right now!!!!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226620330455

THIS is the ground the NRL and rugby union can't sell out - well thank heavens for the Wanderers.

Last edited by Jon77; Apr 16th 2013 at 6:23 am.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:30 pm
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

Got my ticket! 85 bleedin dollars though....

I'll be strictly neutral.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under

I'll be strictly neutral.
Not if you are sat next to me you won't be

You will be singing loud and proud for the Wanderers
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Most areas now sold out of tickets, not going to be many left for the general sale tomorrow. I hope the SFS members who have the whole of the top tier on one side turn out, would be a shame for WSW or CCM fans to miss out and stadium members seats remain empty.

Begining to think we could have sold out ANZ, 45,000 isn't looking big enough right now!!!!!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226620330455

THIS is the ground the NRL and rugby union can't sell out - well thank heavens for the Wanderers.
You would most likely have sold out Homebush if you'd have played MV..... 80K plus...

You never know the MCG may get filled by the A league one day.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You would most likely have sold out Homebush if you'd have played MV..... 80K plus...

You never know the MCG may get filled by the A league one day.
A full MCG would be amazing.

One day there will be a grand final between Eastern Sydney Smurfs FC and WSW, 85,000 would EASILY be shifted for that.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:31 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
A full MCG would be amazing.

One day there will be a grand final between Eastern Sydney Smurfs FC and WSW, 85,000 would EASILY be shifted for that.
would it though? Oval grounds for our form of football generally do not go well together. A 50-60k rectangular stadium would be better than a 90k oval stadium in my opinion.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:33 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, what is the allocation percentage for this match? Technically this is a WSW home game, so are they truly getting home ground allocation preference? I know CCM will only get a few thousand lazy arsed people attend anyway.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
BTW, what is the allocation percentage for this match? Technically this is a WSW home game, so are they truly getting home ground allocation preference? I know CCM will only get a few thousand lazy arsed people attend anyway.

The only parts of the ground they marked for specific supporters were behind the goals. The RBB have the whole of the cove end as active (bet the smurfs are trilled about that ) and the Marinators have a small section behind the other goal with bays either side for general CMM fans. All of the rest of the stadium was up for grabs by any fan so there will be a mix in the main stands. I suspect that it will be a sea of red and black with yellow scattered here and there (apart from behind the CCM goal which will be mainly CCM supporters).

The only bit that annoys me is the 6,000 or so tickets that they reserve for 'stadium members'. They basically have a ticket for every big event at the stadium but don't always show up. They are mainly Rugby Union types, don't be surprised to see most of that top tier empty.

It is a sell out now anyway so if the corporate types and stadium members show up there will be 45,500 there.

Last edited by Jon77; Apr 16th 2013 at 11:49 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Now officially a sell out, all remaining tickets went in the first 10 mins this morning
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note and pertaining to this and A league threads in the future, can we all try and agree to call the grounds by their original names. I get bloody confused with all the corporate name changes and feel it's pandering to the advertisers.

So in Melbourne, we have Swan St and Docklands.

Sydney, SFS and Homebush and Paramatta

Adelaide, Hindmarsh and the Adelaide Oval....

Not too sure about the names of the other grounds.

Anyone else get annoyed with corporate name changes ?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 2:46 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
On a side note and pertaining to this and A league threads in the future, can we all try and agree to call the grounds by their original names. I get bloody confused with all the corporate name changes and feel it's pandering to the advertisers.

So in Melbourne, we have Swan St and Docklands.

Sydney, SFS and Homebush and Paramatta

Adelaide, Hindmarsh and the Adelaide Oval....

Not too sure about the names of the other grounds.

Anyone else get annoyed with corporate name changes ?
It's funny because during last year's AFC comp, all our games played at Suncorp were referred to as "Brisbane Stadium". I understand due to sponsorship rights of the comp etc, but why not just call it after the old name, as in Lang Park?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting close now, can't wait for Sunday, should be great.

Heart says 2 - 1 Wanderers

Head says 1 - 0 CCM

Whatever the outcome it has been an amazing season and there will be celebrations post game. A procession / family fun day has been arranged for Tuesday lunchtime through Parramatta ending in the park, would like to get my son down there for it. Hopefully with two bits of silverware but party time regardless

What am I going to do during the close season though! Hopefully a list pf pre season friendly games out soon! Membership sales should be VERY healthy for next season!

Last edited by Jon77; Apr 18th 2013 at 4:06 am.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Rojas has said that he is moving to a European club. Liverpool have apparently been watching him, although there are other clubs interested. Thoughts on where he will end up and how successful he will be?
I have watched him in a few games this season and for a 21 year old he looks pretty good. He certainly has skill and flair, but it is difficult to say how he will fare away from the A League.
If he were to end up at Liverpool, he would be competing with the likes of Coutinho, Sterling, Assaidi, Downing and Sturridge. If things worked out, a front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Rojas, with Coutinho in behind them would be very interesting.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:00 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by BenandPam
Rojas has said that he is moving to a European club. Liverpool have apparently been watching him, although there are other clubs interested. Thoughts on where he will end up and how successful he will be?
I have watched him in a few games this season and for a 21 year old he looks pretty good. He certainly has skill and flair, but it is difficult to say how he will fare away from the A League.
If he were to end up at Liverpool, he would be competing with the likes of Coutinho, Sterling, Assaidi, Downing and Sturridge. If things worked out, a front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Rojas, with Coutinho in behind them would be very interesting.
he'd get loaned out pretty quickly if he went to Liverpool. But Brendon Rodgers would be the right sort of boss for him. He's worked wonders with Sterling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.