Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Old Dec 24th 2006, 7:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thanks guys, I feel ten foot tall now that its sunk in.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I read the card & sort of realised what it said.

Its a present no amount of money can buy & especially with someone as special as Flynn as Penny says its not something I'll forget in a hurry.
it creates a very special bond too - I love all my sister's kids dearly, for example, but there is an extra "something" between the me and the youngest one, my god-daughter.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 9:55 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

So good to see Flynn looking so well and to hear he is doing so much better. Keep up the good work Flynn and you'll be home where you belong in no time

And Hevs, I hope you're better in no time at al.

have a great Christmas and I'm sure you'll have an even better new year

Marie
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:06 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy

I can't wait for Mrs Bordy to wake up now so I can tell her.

What a cracker of a Xmas present.
Really glad you were pleased. Flynn was wrapped .
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:19 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

**** Breaking news ****

Flynn's been moved out of his humidi crib into a nornal open crib. We arrived for our afternoon visit with Flynn and they were aclimatising him to it by turning down his crib temp.

We got him dressed in warm clothes and wrapped in a blanket. The open crib seems quite small compared to his previous one. It will be a lot easier to change him now though.

The ward was very christmassy this morning with Santa coming round and having his picture taken with all the babies. Also on each of the cribs was a Christmas card with a picture of the baby. Flynns looked very cute. Also there was a christmas stocking for each of the babies with some nice little gifts in.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HUP
**** Breaking news ****

Flynn's been moved out of his humidi crib into a nornal open crib. We arrived for our afternoon visit with Flynn and they were aclimatising him to it by turning down his crib temp.

We got him dressed in warm clothes and wrapped in a blanket. The open crib seems quite small compared to his previous one. It will be a lot easier to change him now though.

The ward was very christmassy this morning with Santa coming round and having his picture taken with all the babies. Also on each of the cribs was a Christmas card with a picture of the baby. Flynns looked very cute. Also there was a christmas stocking for each of the babies with some nice little gifts in.

Fabulous. Couldn't have had a nicer present.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
**** Breaking news ****

A brilliant christmas pressie for you guys. You must have had a hell of a good day.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:50 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Flynns update, its a rollercoaster!

Originally Posted by HUP
**** Breaking news ****

Absolutely brilliant! Congratulations!
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:57 pm

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Really glad you were pleased. Flynn was wrapped .

Not in Christmas paper I hope!!

Oh, and good news on Flynn, Matt....so happy for the whole family!!
Old Dec 25th 2006, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic news. Hope you weren't too knackered to enjoy the day
Old Dec 25th 2006, 9:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Hev, why are you chasing cars???

Flynn looks better and better each picture.... what gestational age is he now?
Its a song title by snow patrol that means a lot to me when i'm laying in the recliner at the hospital with my baby skin on skin on my chest (its called kangaroo care). He is 34 gestational weeks and seven real weeks

"Chasing Cars"

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Old Dec 25th 2006, 9:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Well, how do you feel this am Bordy? Flynn was happy you said yes, i can just tell these things

Have you done your godfatherly duties and got the cotton wool wedged in the sides of your cheeks

Bordy, no one desrves it more my dear friend, no one. All the way through my pregnancy i knew who was gonna be asked. Weather you'd accept or not was another question

Flynn also began sucking his thumb yesterday and the day before, when he was in the bath, he smiled. Not at anything particular, just smiled.

Spoke to the guru (AKA Clara) yesterday (and i gave her a massive hug too ) and she said providing the next cranial ultra sound is good (gulp ) we will look to move to Casey at the end of the week. Wednesday/ thursday is pencilled in for the next scan.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Well, how do you feel this am Bordy? Flynn was happy you said yes, i can just tell these things

Have you done your godfatherly duties and got the cotton wool wedged in the sides of your cheeks

Bordy, no one desrves it more my dear friend, no one. All the way through my pregnancy i knew who was gonna be asked. Weather you'd accept or not was another question

Flynn also began sucking his thumb yesterday and the day before, when he was in the bath, he smiled. Not at anything particular, just smiled.

Spoke to the guru (AKA Clara) yesterday (and i gave her a massive hug too ) and she said providing the next cranial ultra sound is good (gulp ) we will look to move to Casey at the end of the week. Wednesday/ thursday is pencilled in for the next scan.
Casey? Is that your local hospital? Fantastic news. I'm impressed with how Flynn is progressing. He must have inherited his Mummy and Daddys fighting spirit

Hope you all had a lovely christmas.

Tracey.x.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 9:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Casey? Is that your local hospital?

Hope you all had a lovely christmas.

Tracey.x.
Yes, its about 6 ks from home.

Christmas was ok. Great to see Flynn but i just wanted to stay ALL day. But other commitments just got in the way!

I just can't wait till next year.....
Old Dec 25th 2006, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's brilliant to hear such good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for his next scan
Old Dec 25th 2006, 12:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Yes, its about 6 ks from home.

Christmas was ok. Great to see Flynn but i just wanted to stay ALL day. But other commitments just got in the way!

I just can't wait till next year.....
So glad things are going in the right direction Hevs - keep chasing them cars

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.