Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old May 20th 2016, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Of course being selective of a nationality is racism. Most other accounts will be of the nature of the difficulty to recruit labour to remote locations or do arduous jobs. Hence the stink about Back Packer tax being a disincentive to that group to perform the work, apparently locals are not prepared to do.

Afghans coming often from more of a rural setting are ideal for such locations and work, besides have been shown to be hard workers, polite and sober.
It would be rather hard to find a more suitable migrant for such tasks, I'd suspect.

Not forgetting it has been suggested more refugees be brought in to shore up the fortunes of rural communities as well as Tasmania.

Both parties are playing a particular card. Reffos being an easy group to bash and gain support doing so, while ignoring the latest list of vocations judged in need by Australia, which of course is the real job killer, creating greater competition in the work place and challenging prevailing conditions .
Well you'd be saying the entire British population is racist.

You don't have to go far to hear the British say "oh he's German" or take a poke at the French. All done on "selection" of nationality as you call it.

So we are all racists then .... ok.
Old May 21st 2016, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well you'd be saying the entire British population is racist.

You don't have to go far to hear the British say "oh he's German" or take a poke at the French. All done on "selection" of nationality as you call it.

So we are all racists then .... ok.

Afraid you've lost me. When a minister, even one of diminished ability as Dutton, refers to a specific group by nationality it is racist. Providing he made a reference in the first place of course.

What Joe Blogs says on some Middlesbrough street or pub is hardly here or there.
Old May 21st 2016, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Afraid you've lost me. When a minister, even one of diminished ability as Dutton, refers to a specific group by nationality it is racist. Providing he made a reference in the first place of course.

What Joe Blogs says on some Middlesbrough street or pub is hardly here or there.
Really. So they can set up a middle eastern crime squad in Sydney, but if they were to call it a Lebanese crime squad we'd have a problem with racism right?

I think you've lost me in your definition of racism.
Old May 22nd 2016, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Really. So they can set up a middle eastern crime squad in Sydney, but if they were to call it a Lebanese crime squad we'd have a problem with racism right?

I think you've lost me in your definition of racism.
Yes really. When a minister directly focuses on a specific national group in order to advance political fortune, it certainly is racism. He did not regionalise after all.
Why demonise one group? One could have of course focused on the contribution refugees have across the board made to Australian life equally or more so but no political gain to be made there.
Old May 22nd 2016, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes really. When a minister directly focuses on a specific national group in order to advance political fortune, it certainly is racism. He did not regionalise after all.
Why demonise one group? One could have of course focused on the contribution refugees have across the board made to Australian life equally or more so but no political gain to be made there.
You are wrong I'm afraid, and changing the boundaries to suit your agenda, compounded by the fact the minister didn't refer to Afghans, the commentator did.

But nice try.
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are wrong I'm afraid, and changing the boundaries to suit your agenda, compounded by the fact the minister didn't refer to Afghans, the commentator did.

But nice try.
Not wrong I'm afraid, as in an earlier post did mention if commented on Afghans. The agenda is all on the part of the Liberal Party and dodgy politicians on all sides seeking advantage.
You may have noticed Turnbull stepped in the following day after Dutton in his exuberance mentioned immigration within the context of illiterate asylum seekers. Brownie points sought where ever they may be found.
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I read an ABC article that claimed that Tony Abbott didn't know you could have multiple word documents and re-used the same one every time. If an asylum seeker can figure that out, should they be accepted as good enough to take an Australian job? Maybe member for Warringah?
Old May 23rd 2016, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not wrong I'm afraid, as in an earlier post did mention if commented on Afghans. The agenda is all on the part of the Liberal Party and dodgy politicians on all sides seeking advantage.
You may have noticed Turnbull stepped in the following day after Dutton in his exuberance mentioned immigration within the context of illiterate asylum seekers. Brownie points sought where ever they may be found.
Nup you are wrong. Very simple. But nice try.
Old May 23rd 2016, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I read an ABC article that claimed that Tony Abbott didn't know you could have multiple word documents and re-used the same one every time. If an asylum seeker can figure that out, should they be accepted as good enough to take an Australian job? Maybe member for Warringah?
You mean as a template, or by doing a Save As?

I reckon the ones who don't know how to read and write, through no fault of their own, may struggle too. Just a hunch.
Old May 23rd 2016, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

You mean as a template, or by doing a Save As?

I reckon the ones who don't know how to read and write, through no fault of their own, may struggle too. Just a hunch.
He wrote over the same word document each time he needed a speech because he didn't know he could save as many as he wanted. Makes sense though when you consider how often he uses the same 'gp co-payment' speech.

Of course people who can't read and write will struggle to get or keep employment. You'd also half expect someone who can't figure out basic MS Word skills would struggle in every day life also. But Australia thought he could run the nation. There must be thousands of I unfilled jobs that require word processing skills at a minimum paying minimum wage.
Old May 23rd 2016, 3:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

He wrote over the same word document each time he needed a speech because he didn't know he could save as many as he wanted. Makes sense though when you consider how often he uses the same 'gp co-payment' speech.

Of course people who can't read and write will struggle to get or keep employment. You'd also half expect someone who can't figure out basic MS Word skills would struggle in every day life also. But Australia thought he could run the nation. There must be thousands of I unfilled jobs that require word processing skills at a minimum paying minimum wage.
TA was a good PM but unfortunately for him much of the electorate wants to believe in fairy tales rather than reality - which is why BS is doing better than expected
Old May 23rd 2016, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

TA being a good PM is a fairy tale you cannot sell buddy. He was a buffoon and his ludicrous decisions got him sacked.... Eventually.
Old May 23rd 2016, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

TA being a good PM is a fairy tale you cannot sell buddy. He was a buffoon and his ludicrous decisions got him sacked.... Eventually.
I'm not really sure basic MS word skills in a pre-requisite for being a PM - I could be wrong though - It might be in the job description somewhere. To be honest, my MS word skills are a bit rubbish. I've defaulted to OneNote these days for any word processing activities so its on my phone and on the desktop when needed.

TA was a good PM, he made some good calls, action-ed them and got them right, but is a buffoon as you said. He stopped the trade of illegal people smuggling and deaths at sea. TA likes to keep referring to that as "stopped the boats" which is why he is such a buffoon. He should be referring to the what it meant to stop the trade of illegal people smuggling and deaths at sea. Even Bill Shorten is on his side with that one.
Old May 23rd 2016, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not really sure basic MS word skills in a pre-requisite for being a PM - I could be wrong though - It might be in the job description somewhere. To be honest, my MS word skills are a bit rubbish. I've defaulted to OneNote these days for any word processing activities so its on my phone and on the desktop when needed.

TA was a good PM, he made some good calls, action-ed them and got them right, but is a buffoon as you said. He stopped the trade of illegal people smuggling and deaths at sea. TA likes to keep referring to that as "stopped the boats" which is why he is such a buffoon. He should be referring to the what it meant to stop the trade of illegal people smuggling and deaths at sea. Even Bill Shorten is on his side with that one.
So we agree, he's a buffoon. Too bad you voted for him.
Old May 23rd 2016, 4:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, er, buddy

Fairly tales over reality always wins with the majority living in denial - until it comes time to pay the bill

We are fast approaching that time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.