Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE's not what it used to be...

BE's not what it used to be...

Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:59 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE's not what it used to be...

There seems to be a lot more conflict and aggressively disparate tones on BE than there used to be in 'days gone by'.

What's going on?

Comments/suggestions/ideas anyone?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE's not what it used to be...

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
There seems to be a lot more conflict and aggressively disparate tones on BE than there used to be in 'days gone by'.

What's going on?

It's all gone Politically Correct

You have to post disclaimers after every post for fear of upsetting someone
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:06 pm

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the reason why there are a lot of us lurkers on here. Lots of times I have deleted my posts out of fear of someone not agreeing with me and flipping out. (Compare my join date with the number of posts made!)

I also frequent the Vauxhall Corsa forums and as you can imagine it is full of 17 year old chavs. There is much less trouble on that one, and that says a lot about the maturity of SOME of the people on this forum.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliver1982
This is the reason why there are a lot of us lurkers on here. Lots of times I have deleted my posts out of fear of someone not agreeing with me and flipping out. (Compare my join date with the number of posts made!)

I also frequent the Vauxhall Corsa forums and as you can imagine it is full of 17 year old chavs. There is much less trouble on that one, and that says a lot about the maturity of SOME of the people on this forum.
I'm sooooo offended by that!

Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:13 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

What's going on?

Have a year off mate.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:16 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

What's going on?

This sort of post comes up regularly so I guess its the same as ever.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:32 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

who asked for your opinion anyway?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:35 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

ps that last post was a joke. ho ho ho.

There have been several times when I've deleted my posts before hitting "submit" - but only because I realise that its pretty boring/I can't be bothered to say it/some other rubbish reason.

Just post it and be done with it, I say. If someone gets upset with what you've said....well, that's just something they need to get over themselves. Perhaps they shouldn't be so sensitive to get offended by random internet folks....
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:52 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

They just dont make internet forums like they used to in the old days.....
Bollox to it all I say
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:54 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Tis a discussion forum after all - you should be able to say what you like and for the uber sensitive with no sense of humour; too bad - go somewhere else
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:12 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Tis a discussion forum after all - you should be able to say what you like and for the uber sensitive with no sense of humour; too bad - go somewhere else
Ok but provide an example as I can't determine if you are having a go at the 'precious' respondents who retaliate aggressively or, conversely, having a go at my original post for suggesting that anything else other than aggression where aggression is required is not OK?

Cheers.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:17 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

None of the above and no one in particular - simply just a reminder that this is a discussion forum
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

BE - like most other forums - seems to go in cycles, goes through phases of being quiet, being bitchy, being really friendly - bit like normal life I guess
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:32 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Dunroamin......I know people have said what you've said before, but I've seen a difference recently.

I have to say that there are certain posters whose posts I have always enjoyed reading, not because they agree with me all the time, cos they don't, but because they write things in an interesting and entertaining matter. Sad to say that for some reason, some of these people seem to have reverted to the kind of cheap, slack slanging they used to be so good at dealing with.

Not naming any names of course!

There does also seem to be an abundance of clever trolls at the moment.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
None of the above and no one in particular - simply just a reminder that this is a discussion forum

You looking for trouble?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.