Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Which beer is the best to have when the sun is shining?

Which beer is the best to have when the sun is shining?

Old May 21st 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all
Default Which beer is the best to have when the sun is shining?

I'm thinking of a few cheeky Corona's, with the obligatory bit of lime stuck in it.

What's your poison?
Old May 21st 2011, 6:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which beer is the best to have when the sun is shining?

Originally Posted by Andy_P
I'm thinking of a few cheeky Corona's, with the obligatory bit of lime stuck in it.

What's your poison?
Over there, nice cold pint of Gaymers cider; over here Bulmers cider if i can get it, failing that Cascade Premium or Tooheys Extra Dry (lagers)

Old May 21st 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Over there, nice cold pint of Gaymers cider; over here Bulmers cider if i can get it, failing that Cascade Premium or Tooheys Extra Dry (lagers)

Good call with the cider.

I have some ASDA cooking lager to fall back on if things get desperate.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good call with the cider.

I have some ASDA cooking lager to fall back on if things get desperate.
Any port in a storm..........same standard as most Aussie lagers actually
Old May 21st 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Any port in a storm..........same standard as most Aussie lagers actually
haha, possibly. I seem to remember drinking quite a lot of Crown on my last trip though, so must have liked that a fair bit

Not much of a connoisseur though. Sometimes all it needs to be is wet and ice cold.
Old May 21st 2011, 6:48 pm
Home and Happy

haha, possibly. I seem to remember drinking quite a lot of Crown on my last trip though, so must have liked that a fair bit

Not much of a connoisseur though. Sometimes all it needs to be is wet and ice cold.
Crown isn't bad, there are plenty worse! I'm convinced that most Aussies keep their beer ice-cold so they don't actually taste it when they drink it!!
Old May 21st 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Crown isn't bad, there are plenty worse! I'm convinced that most Aussies keep their beer ice-cold so they don't actually taste it when they drink it!!
Nice theory, and one I would be prepared to test quite thoroughly.
Old May 21st 2011, 8:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

What's your poison?
anything that some one else has paid for, always tastes better
Old May 21st 2011, 8:43 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Pure Blonde kinda girl. Had withdrawals when I got to blighty and soothed them with Tiger Beer. Dont mind the odd "New" either (but only when I have to steal the OH's cos I've run out of blonde!)
Old May 21st 2011, 10:35 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

James Squire Amber Ale for me. A great thirst quencher. On a hot day I could down it in one
Old May 21st 2011, 11:22 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

That's the reason why lagers are served cold the world over. Imagine drinking a Carling that wasn't chilled to the point of tastelessness
Old May 21st 2011, 11:24 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

I usually go for Cider on really hot days.

Been trying Rekorderlig Pear Cider recently. Expensive stuff but v.nice
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:24 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
I usually go for Cider on really hot days.

Been trying Rekorderlig Pear Cider recently. Expensive stuff but v.nice
Will have to try that. Stoney Alcoholic Ginger Beer is also very thirst quenching
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rambi
That's the reason why lagers are served cold the world over. Imagine drinking a Carling that wasn't chilled to the point of tastelessness
Some Aussie beers are absolutely tasteless. One of the worst that I've tried so far is called "Cool"
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:09 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by paulry
Some Aussie beers are absolutely tasteless. One of the worst that I've tried so far is called "Cool"
I've never really liked lagers. Some pils are okay but they are often a bit samey. I like the James Squires Amber and IPA. Boston Mill's Pale Ale is one that I've drunk a few of lately. From a hops perspective it's somewhere between the Amber and the IPA.

Just came back from a trip to the mountains so I've picked up a few Dubbels and Pale Ales from the Bright Brewery. Again pricey but very nice. If you take a trip into the mountains you might want to check out what breweries are around. I like the stuff from Snow Mountain Brewery which is somewhere in the NSW Alps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.