Applecare...

Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applecare...

...comes through again!!!!

The home button on my wife's 20 month old iPhone got a little sticky...had to push it twice sometimes.

Have the applecare extended warranty so bought it back to the Chermside Brisbane Apple Store today and the staff member briefly confirmed the issue, quickly retrieved the warranty on his iPad, handed my wife a brand new iPhone (not reconditioned), swapped the sim, set it up and then sent us on our way with a smile. This is the third time we have been treated this way when returning something that is not working.

How it should be done. Highly recommend apple and the applecare warranty for expensive items for anyone in two minds.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applecare...

Bit concerning though if a button becomes faulty after such little time?
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Well it might be if you own another brand but with this sort of service not at all
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Well it might be if you own another brand but with this sort of service not at all
It's not the warranty service in itself that I'm questioning - it's the fact you've had to pay extra in order to make sure you have a phone for just 2 years. That's really not long at all - and you've had a couple of other issues on Apple products too?

Apple products are sounding even more expensive to me at the moment from what you're saying, if they don't last and extra cover is required.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's not the warranty service in itself that I'm questioning - it's the fact you've had to pay extra in order to make sure you have a phone for just 2 years. That's really not long at all - and you've had a couple of other issues on Apple products too?

Apple products are sounding even more expensive to me at the moment from what you're saying, if they don't last and extra cover is required.
Yes I know, it was a joke in case you were one of those fanatical fandriod apple haters. You get them on every apple thread on the internet whenever anything positive about apple is posted. I'm sure now that's not you though. Btw, my other 2 claims were not straight out h/w failures and were not the iPhone and I have a lot of apple products and the quality is top notch.

Given that all products have some failures and my iPhone button example is a sample size of 1 divided by best selling phone on the planet, you can rest easy. I can vouch for them being great phones and now I can say from experience that the service is really fantastic if you happen to one of the unlucky ones where something goes wrong

Last edited by fish.01; Apr 9th 2012 at 12:40 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:40 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Im not an Apple hater but i prefer Android phones and dont like Apple pricing.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris955
Im not an Apple hater but i prefer Android phones and dont like Apple pricing.
Stay on topic please Chris ...btw, do you like vegemite?
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I know, it was a joke in case you were one of those fanatical fandriod apple haters.
My mobile is 4½ years old, and is definitely not Apple, Android or WP 7.5!
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:46 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

who gives a shit if they are replacing with no hassle
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My mobile is 4½ years old, and is definitely not Apple, Android or WP 7.5!
Yes, I already stated that I knew you weren't one of "them"
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
who gives a shit if they are replacing with no hassle
Because of the extra cost involved in having them replaced - paying for extended warranty on an already expensive product. A phone should really last more than 2 years before anything goes wrong.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Because of the extra cost involved in having them replaced - paying for extended warranty on an already expensive product. A phone should really last more than 2 years before anything goes wrong.
Fair enough - it is Apple though and therefore a fashion accessory.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you posting from planet Ork where 1 or 2 examples of a product breaking indicates to the populace that the brand is unreliable and should be avoided?

Earthling posters only please...
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Are you posting from planet Ork where 1 or 2 examples of a product breaking indicates to the populace that the brand is unreliable and should be avoided?
I haven't suggested that though, have I? I've only said that a phone should really last for more than 2 years without the need for paying an additional amount for an extended warranty.

I would suggest that it is reasonable to expect a mobile phone of that expense (and apparent quality) to last more than 2 years, and in that case it should have been covered under your statutory rights rather than having to pay for an extended warranty.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I haven't suggested that though, have I? I've only said that a phone should really last for more than 2 years without the need for paying an additional amount for an extended warranty.

I would suggest that it is reasonable to expect a mobile phone of that expense (and apparent quality) to last more than 2 years, and in that case it should have been covered under your statutory rights rather than having to pay for an extended warranty.
Sure, the generic case could be made that every expensive brand of phone should have a longer warranty or that we should all argue our statutory rights.

Good point.

They don't at the moment, so hopefully my testimony of fantastic service during the extended warranty period will be helpful to someone choosing between expensive phones with 1 year warranties or someone who is trying to decide whether to pay the extra for the applecare warranty not knowing whether or not it is one of those typical shite extended warranties other places offer.

Last edited by fish.01; Apr 9th 2012 at 1:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.