Brits in Bim

Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Bim

Originally Posted by Ava V
I got that. Not really sure why you are making an issue out of this. Not interested in arguing with you. I am just having a lovely, positive conversation with the people that responded to my post.

Thanks.
You asked a question (post no. 8), I simply tried to help and answer you. Not sure how that's 'making an issue', but hey.

If your question/confusion about our Site Rules has been answered now, both by BEVS email and by my responses, then let's get this thread back on track eh?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 22nd 2017 at 11:37 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Ava V is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunniebgi
Ava.. when I arrived, having married a Bajan, it took about a month to get my citizenship.. that was 25 years ago.. today, as per the law/constitution, a foreign women or man, married to a Barbadian Man or Woman, is entitled to citizenship.. however.. like in many countries.. that process now takes time.. 2 years, 4 years, or more.. Not sure what they do.. except .. make sure the couple stays together.. instead of quicky marriages for the right of citizenship. .. by decent.. meaning your mother or father or both are born Barbadians.. but I guess it's still not instant.. they have to make sure of all of it.

and re businesses.. I do often wonder.... but .. government is almost always slow.. and those that want your business will answer....

and re the rules of this group, or any message board.. the simply have rules that need to be followed or all hell breaks lose.. trust me.. I voluntarily admin a 14,000 person buy sell group.. it's never easy.. regardless...
A month....wow! That is good going. We will see. I am also entitled to another passport and that country is covered by Caricom so I will try both at once. Do you think it is worth getting an immigration lawyer to see if there is any way to expedite the process?

I am actually starting to get replies to some of my emails now so wonders will never cease.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Happyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond repute

My friend has been married to a Bajan for three years and still has to " Pay to stay" every six months at the moment while hearing virtually nothing from Immigration apart from a phone call a while back asking if they were still together ! She got an Immigration Lawyer involved at one point ( she was a Barrister herself ) but was then warned by another friend (who happens to be a lawyer ) that doing that annoyed Immigration, and it could make things take longer !!
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 12:41 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Happyowner.. did she apply for a Reside and Work?? to my understanding it's valid for at least a year, or more, during the immigration process....

Ava V.. the process takes time all over the world, or should. Entitled to hold citizenship in the Caribbean , but holding another Caricom passport doesn't automatically allow you to reside or work in Barbados.. there are stipulations to that as well.

and remember.. that month was 25 years ago.. many scammers and schemes under the bridge has caused peter to pay for paul and paul pay for all. too many people marrying for all the wrong reasons.. just saying.. (I'm still here and still married.. so..).

and as long as your parents are Bajan, there is no question.. again.. just takes time.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

Happyowner..

I was in the same boat...to be honest it simply takes time to get through the system.. I don't think an immigration lawyer can add anything to the process..

At some point, fairly early in the process, you should get a reside and work permit (mine was valid for three years) after that you have to do the 6 month shuffle...

The process is time consuming but ultimately quite painless... except it does take three weeks every six months to put a stamp in your passport.. which can be an issue..

From applying to getting citizenship (through marriage) took me 5 years.. which I understand to be par for the course these days..
Old Feb 24th 2017, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Happyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond reputeHappyowner has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be clear, it is my friend awaiting Citizenship through marriage to a Bajan, and no Sunnie, she did not apply for work and Reside. I have my Special Stay Visa for Life.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

satellite_ian will become famous soon enough

In my experience Reside and work is not something you apply for. As part of the citizenship process - because it takes so long - you are granted a period of R&W.. she will be informed at the time when it is granted.... generally about 6 months after the process has started....
Old Feb 27th 2017, 1:42 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Ian. .a Reside and Work is something given when you apply for citizenship as a foreigner married to a Bajan.. it's part of the process (it is now and has been for a few years).. I'd suggest she check on that info
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:25 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Can i recommend what is essentially a uk based web radio station, aimed at the caribbean. TSOG or the soul of grenada, is recorded mainly in the uk, but with a few grenadian dj's too. However its most un-reggae/soca content. They play the best of soul / r&b most of the time, with a little john holt type stuff occasionally.

I also listen online to LBC in london occasionally, hugely enjoying the weather/traffic info, and if i want a quick full on soca fix, power 95.1 is grenadas hardest partay station.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Ava V is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this!