Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Old Feb 14th 2018, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Hi All, I honestly believe the original layout is probably the optimum possible in such a small space. Fadesa probably had a team of designers who took all the units / appliances and looked to see what was the smallest space they could fit them in. 2200mm is too narrow to make a sensible galley kitchen and there is nothing to gain by moving the door except there is even less space for wall units. I'm not a fan of the worktops as fitted hence I think I will probably just replace these in conjunction with the new hob which has to be changed with the oven due to the controls. Otherwise the hob is fine, its just the static oven we dislike as it takes such a long time to warm up. To be fair we use it in winter and rarely in summer. I don't always feel like going out to eat on a dark cold night in winter. BUT, we do like those 18/20 deg sunny winter afternoons!!
Old Feb 14th 2018, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some great ideas here, I’m rethinking our Duples now, lol 😃. I’m sure hubby Steve will love these ideas, ha ha.
Jon the door in the bedroom is a great idea, I have bought a screen, but finding the toilet in the middle of the night whilst negotiating a screen can be dangerous. Especially after a night out.
We need to have a look at each other’s for ideas, I’m useless .
Love to extend the kitchen if we could.
Keith do you mean a gate on wall at end of utility? Out on March 25th if anyone is around. Sue and Steve
Old Feb 14th 2018, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue, That wasn't me trying to get permission for a gate by utility. It was mike J.
Old Feb 14th 2018, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi Sue, That wasn't me trying to get permission for a gate by utility. It was mike J.
Thanks Keith 👍
Old Feb 15th 2018, 9:09 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mascara22
Some great ideas here, I’m rethinking our Duples now, lol 😃. I’m sure hubby Steve will love these ideas, ha ha.
Jon the door in the bedroom is a great idea, I have bought a screen, but finding the toilet in the middle of the night whilst negotiating a screen can be dangerous. Especially after a night out.
We need to have a look at each other’s for ideas, I’m useless .
Love to extend the kitchen if we could.
Keith do you mean a gate on wall at end of utility? Out on March 25th if anyone is around. Sue and Steve
Hi Sue and Steve

I hate putting the light on when 'having to go'. As it 'blinds me'. So we use a small night light in the sink-area. This particular one has a sensor to detect movement. As we come to the door it lights up. We have windows on 2 sides of the bathroom bit and they light it up sufficiently. They are easy to get, ebay amazon or even at the market or perhaps the Chinese shops.

Because there is a glass panel on our new door, we don't want one on all the night as we would see it through the door.

In our home in Belgium we have a permanent 1 watt LED light which we switch on before retiring, and its amazing there's enough light to do 'everything' perfectly, also with the door slightly cracked open - enough light seeps through to locate the door. Our bedroom is dark otherwise and this little illumination isn't a bother.

Jon
Old Feb 17th 2018, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Sue and Steve

I hate putting the light on when 'having to go'. As it 'blinds me'. So we use a small night light in the sink-area. This particular one has a sensor to detect movement. As we come to the door it lights up. We have windows on 2 sides of the bathroom bit and they light it up sufficiently. They are easy to get, ebay amazon or even at the market or perhaps the Chinese shops.

Because there is a glass panel on our new door, we don't want one on all the night as we would see it through the door.

In our home in Belgium we have a permanent 1 watt LED light which we switch on before retiring, and its amazing there's enough light to do 'everything' perfectly, also with the door slightly cracked open - enough light seeps through to locate the door. Our bedroom is dark otherwise and this little illumination isn't a bother.

Jon
You can get, on Amazon, a LED light which hangs inside the loo pan which comes on either when movement is sensed in the room or if the seat is lifted. If you set the colour to red it gives you plenty of light for your business and a decent aiming point without affecting your night sight!
I have a bedside clock (sadly I can't sleep properly without knowing the time) and that gives plenty of light in the room to navigate at night.