Reload this Page >

Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Old Feb 10th 2018, 5:53 pm
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Evening All

Does anyone happen to have the rooms dimensions for Duplex in Marina esuri in particular the kitchens?

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2018, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Room dimensions Duplex in Marina Esuri

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
Evening All

Does anyone happen to have the rooms dimensions for Duplex in Marina esuri in particular the kitchens?

Thanks
Hi Sandra, I have managed to find the original floor plan from the purchase of our duplex. They are all more or less the same size so you could use this as a guide.

Lower floor:-
Kitchen-6.05 sq.m
Utility-2.65 sq.m
Living room-23.11 sq.m
Bedroom-9.48 sq.m
Bathroom-4.94 sq.m
Bedroom-9.98 sq.m
Terrace-23.90 sq.m

Upper floor:-
Master Bedroom-14.64 sq.m
Dressing area-4.12 sq.m
Bathroom-3.66 sq.m
Terrace1-23.44 sq.m
Terrace2-10.36 sq.m

Hope this helps, Bryony xx
Old Feb 11th 2018, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Sandra, I have managed to find the original floor plan from the purchase of our duplex. They are all more or less the same size so you could use this as a guide.

Lower floor:-
Kitchen-6.05 sq.m
Utility-2.65 sq.m
Living room-23.11 sq.m
Bedroom-9.48 sq.m
Bathroom-4.94 sq.m
Bedroom-9.98 sq.m
Terrace-23.90 sq.m

Upper floor:-
Master Bedroom-14.64 sq.m
Dressing area-4.12 sq.m
Bathroom-3.66 sq.m
Terrace1-23.44 sq.m
Terrace2-10.36 sq.m

Hope this helps, Bryony xx
This kinda agrees with my idea of the kitchen dimensions which are 3m x 2m (without measuring)
Old Feb 11th 2018, 5:12 pm
Sandra & Munty

Thank you guys.
Old Feb 11th 2018, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandra, I measured ours last year trying to decide if I could improve on the layout by switching things around. The trouble is - like most people we have a fridge /freezer roughly 6 foot high by 600mm wide which limits where you can put things. I gave up eventually thinking we might just change the worktops to get rid of those satin chrome quadrant trims at the edges, ( which collect debris) and install a FAN oven/ new hob. Anyhow, I have recorded approx 2870 long by 2200 wide. PLEASE do let me know if you come up with a better layout. Cheers Keith. PS out on 21st.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 10:03 am
Sandra & Munty

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi Sandra, I measured ours last year trying to decide if I could improve on the layout by switching things around. The trouble is - like most people we have a fridge /freezer roughly 6 foot high by 600mm wide which limits where you can put things. I gave up eventually thinking we might just change the worktops to get rid of those satin chrome quadrant trims at the edges, ( which collect debris) and install a FAN oven/ new hob. Anyhow, I have recorded approx 2870 long by 2200 wide. PLEASE do let me know if you come up with a better layout. Cheers Keith. PS out on 21st.
Hello Keith I have been looking at the kitchen too... and my plan although I needed sizes was to maybe block up the door into the kitchen from the front door and make it from the dining area through the centre opening it up and making it a galley kitchen ( have to move the door to utility room to the middle too) which would give you 2 long runs- but until I can use the measurements I cant tell how much room there will be to walk in and i guess it will be very narrow however. So going out on Thursday so I will investigate further .

Whatever happens those metal trims have to go! Hope to see you out there soon Sandra and Munty x
Old Feb 12th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Keith I have been looking at the kitchen too... and my plan although I needed sizes was to maybe block up the door into the kitchen from the front door and make it from the dining area through the centre opening it up and making it a galley kitchen ( have to move the door to utility room to the middle too) which would give you 2 long runs- but until I can use the measurements I cant tell how much room there will be to walk in and i guess it will be very narrow however. So going out on Thursday so I will investigate further .

Whatever happens those metal trims have to go! Hope to see you out there soon Sandra and Munty x
I reckon it would be a very narrow kitchen - you wouldn't be able to fit 2 people if you have standard work surfaces each side. Would there be room to safely open the oven door/dishwasher? Also, the door to the utility is probably in a 'technically' supporting/external wall so you may have trouble getting permission from the community (unanimous vote) and the TH. If it isn't a structural wall then why not remove the wall altogether and put a frosted glass panel at the end?
Structural alterations on these properties do seem to be quite difficult. We have been trying just to have a security door fitted to the short passage from the front door - an ongoing saga A community vote by email has taken place and it only needs one objector .

Last edited by MikeJ; Feb 12th 2018 at 12:18 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 1:16 pm
Sandra & Munty

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I reckon it would be a very narrow kitchen - you wouldn't be able to fit 2 people if you have standard work surfaces each side. Would there be room to safely open the oven door/dishwasher? Also, the door to the utility is probably in a 'technically' supporting/external wall so you may have trouble getting permission from the community (unanimous vote) and the TH. If it isn't a structural wall then why not remove the wall altogether and put a frosted glass panel at the end?
Structural alterations on these properties do seem to be quite difficult. We have been trying just to have a security door fitted to the short passage from the front door - an ongoing saga A community vote by email has taken place and it only needs one objector .

Agree with you Mike J.. it is idle minds at work.. just a change of worktop will probably be just as good! Sandra
Old Feb 12th 2018, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sandra, I have to confess I did not think of relocating the doorway and at first it sounded quite good, but on reflection it would be narrow even if the units were cut down to 550mm depth. and even then I don't think there is much to be gained as it makes it more difficult to place a dining table in front the " new " doorway. I reached the conclusion that the layout is probably optimum in such a tiny space. The only extra I did was to put up two extra shelves from the wall cabinet to the corner, to match the existing one. Phyllis hates the static oven though. Far too slow.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sandra, I have to confess I did not think of relocating the doorway and at first it sounded quite good, but on reflection it would be narrow even if the units were cut down to 550mm depth. and even then I don't think there is much to be gained as it makes it more difficult to place a dining table in front the " new " doorway. I reached the conclusion that the layout is probably optimum in such a tiny space. The only extra I did was to put up two extra shelves from the wall cabinet to the corner, to match the existing one. Phyllis hates the static oven though. Far too slow.
I also fitted two shelves as you have. I also fitted some under unit lighting which makes a big difference for food prep.
We swapped both the oven and hob (horno y placa) for Bosch units - ceramic hob. We could have had an induction but the OH didn't want to change all the pans. We got a good deal at Ferreria in town. Showed them the printout of the units I wanted and they gave me 40% discount, drop-shipped from the warehouse in Seville the next day, fitted and removed the old for nothing, can't ask better than that. I also ran a new socket in above the dishwasher and use that for a combination microwave. I also fitted some vegetable racks under the sink and that makes good use of the space. I fitted a lockable wall unit in the utility area, too. Making the best of the space available.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mike, So did you scrap the metal quadrant trims and fit "standard" 600mm depth worktops ? The fadesa ones are more like 700 deep at the sinktop with wasted space behind the base units to the wall. I did see some nice worktops in Leroy Merlin - 630 mm deep last year, but have yet to decide a plan. Will probably reconsider it all later this month when there. Agree about Bosch products. I replaced all my UK appliances for Bosch years ago and they have been trouble free.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mike, So did you scrap the metal quadrant trims and fit "standard" 600mm depth worktops ? The fadesa ones are more like 700 deep at the sinktop with wasted space behind the base units to the wall. I did see some nice worktops in Leroy Merlin - 630 mm deep last year, but have yet to decide a plan. Will probably reconsider it all later this month when there. Agree about Bosch products. I replaced all my UK appliances for Bosch years ago and they have been trouble free.
Not sure what you mean by metal quadrant trims - our worktops are just rolled edge. Or do you mean the plastic trim along the back of the worksurface? I found these quite useful for concealing cable runs. I have seen prettier trims in LM but haven't considered replacing them. Perhaps I will.

As to work surface and units - you shouldn't fit cupboards up against the wall. There needs to be a substantial air-gap particularly behind the cooker and the dishwasher. 'Standard' depth worktops are anything from 680 to 780mm
Old Feb 12th 2018, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike, Is it a Spanish thing / regulation regarding the gap behind the units ?

My house on the costa blanca had the units hard up against the wall but that was 1999 building code. In the UK we never leave a gap behind but then we do have small houses and our builders use every bit of space. I actually looked at some new build flats recently in the UK to find they have only 525mm deep base units with shallow appliances and 270 deep wall units. Big dinner plates will not fit in them !! ha,ha. I assumed Fadesa just found it easier to set them off the wall to avoid cutting the unit round the "box" near the sink top containing vent / waste pipe. I had thought of moving them back using new standard depth worktops. 600/630mm. Perhaps I need to check out a few kitchen showrooms next.
Old Feb 13th 2018, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

I am thoroughly enjoying reading Keith & Mike's discussion re the kitchen. We lived on CE (Marina Esuri) from 2008-2015 & I never had anything changed in the kitchen. The only thing I added was a narrow unit on wheels that had a tiled top with shelves under + a couple of shelves for wine. I know that it's a small space & sadly lacking in cupboard space but it worked fine for me (Mike doesn't cook or do diy) & let's face it, you don't need a huge space to make a salad 😊. Regards, Bryony X
Old Feb 14th 2018, 8:14 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with you Mike J.. it is idle minds at work.. just a change of worktop will probably be just as good! Sandra
We also scratched our head about the kitchen, in our duplex. Including extending slightly to the main living room, and opening the wall, thus making a big open plan area. Perhaps a breakfast bar. Even taking out the wall to the 'utility room' to have a L shaped kitchen, we have a window at the open blocks. As there is a window and door there, there is a RSJ or lintel above to take any load, So I suppose one can remove this wall.

With the windows on each side of the flat - and the kitchen window - etc, we didn't feel the smells would be a problem. (Often a problem with flats and open plan kitchens - especially duplexes where the cooking smells can get everywhere including drifting upstairs). When I cook Asian food - or even a good old fry up - the smells are surprising - unless you are well ventilated (as we are in the duplexes)

We decided it was too much hassle for a secondary home, even though we spend several months there, and we eat out a lot too - at those great prices we enjoy in both countries.

One small change we made was to reverse the kitchen door, so it opens outwards into the corridor. We bought a 'tensor' , a small sprung door closer so that the kitchen door doesn't clash with the front door. A simple flick and it is disengaged if needed (rarely)

Our friends had removed the kitchen door completely and it made it seem more open and more spacious for us both to use the kitchen. We think it makes a difference.

Another thing we love (for us personally) is an extra door we put in the main bedroom upstairs. This is similar to the kitchen door with a frosted glass panel. This shuts off the 2 sinks from view. Love is great - especially today Valentines Day!! - but I don't really want my BH to see me brushing my teeth and the whole spitting out the toothpaste etc! So whilst love is great, whatever they tell you, it isn't always 'blind'!

What really works with this layout (for us personally) is that you have a small space to heat in the COLD winter, between the 2 doors. So we put on a heater, take a hot shower, and then we are in a lovely toasty space to dry off. Whilst the windows in the bathroom area are open to take out the steam.

Good luck planning...

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.