Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scots meet for children

Scots meet for children

Old May 19th 2007, 10:48 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all
Default Re: Scots meet for children

Originally Posted by buffy1968
GOOD IDEA

We are off to "Perth" (The Hot ONE!) in July!

Our Boys are 8,7, & 4.

We live in Fife, and are open to suggestions for a meet.

We really need to get everyones location to arrange a central meeting Child Friendly, Weather Freindly Meet.

Cheers

Buffy1968
Sorry to jump in here we are headed to Perth , Secret Harbour I think whenever the house is sold probably August , September.

We have a 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl (Greg & Beth)

Would be nice to keep in touch where are you headed in Perth it's a very big place!

Thanks Carol
Old May 19th 2007, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

carolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the rough

Hi Carol
yes we are looking at Secret Harbour and plan to suss it all out on our rekki. Have you been? We cant wait and are getting excited. Feel its 2 holidays in 1 with our 3 days in Dubai to look forward to aswell.
Have you looked into scholls or houses yet? Seems schools are good and house prices still not too excessive in general. Would be good to keep up with your plans
Best wishes
Carolyn:
Old May 19th 2007, 6:33 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Bit of a nitemare, we were looking at our calander and realised the only 'free' weekend we had before we leave was this weekend! So in a rush flights to the isle of man were bkd (as in yesterday, left last nite) so John could see his granny one last time. Myself and the kids are spending it with the kids grandparents and aunty as we are away 2 out of the next 4 weekends, so looks like I won't get to see you all again this side. Look forward to the meets the other side.

Andreaxx
Old May 19th 2007, 6:40 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hey guys,

Bit of a nitemare, we were looking at our calander and realised the only 'free' weekend we had before we leave was this weekend! So in a rush flights to the isle of man were bkd (as in yesterday, left last nite) so John could see his granny one last time. Myself and the kids are spending it with the kids grandparents and aunty as we are away 2 out of the next 4 weekends, so looks like I won't get to see you all again this side. Look forward to the meets the other side.

Andreaxx
Busy time for you Andrea - that's a shame would have loved to have meet you - but enjoy your last few weeks in the UK. All the very best and look forward to hearing from you once you arrive down under
Old May 19th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Gday guys,

Sorry you can't make it Andrea,how's John taken the result this afternoon see you guys on the other side.

Scotschick and i and little Haggis will be there tomorrow is everyone still meeting between 11 and 12 at the kids adventure playground?

Haggis
Old May 19th 2007, 7:27 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolynbubble
Hi Carol
yes we are looking at Secret Harbour and plan to suss it all out on our rekki. Have you been? We cant wait and are getting excited. Feel its 2 holidays in 1 with our 3 days in Dubai to look forward to aswell.
Have you looked into scholls or houses yet? Seems schools are good and house prices still not too excessive in general. Would be good to keep up with your plans
Best wishes
Carolyn:
We were out at christmas for a reccie, we had a ball and Secret Harbour was the best area we thought for us. The houses were lovely area lovely etc.

It seems to be a very nice community probably best for having young families.

What do you do for a living? My hubby works offshore, I'm a relief medical receptionist and trained florist. My hubby is hoping to get on shore work eventually nothing really here in this country for him now.

We have good friends in Perth who have been out for nearly 2 years and love it.

Dubai is a shoppers paradise and you'll get charged to go on their beach unlike in Perth.

Are you staying with friends or family?

Cheers Carol
Old May 19th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Daxver will become famous soon enoughDaxver will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mabozar
We were out at christmas for a reccie, we had a ball and Secret Harbour was the best area we thought for us. The houses were lovely area lovely etc.

It seems to be a very nice community probably best for having young families.

What do you do for a living? My hubby works offshore, I'm a relief medical receptionist and trained florist. My hubby is hoping to get on shore work eventually nothing really here in this country for him now.

We have good friends in Perth who have been out for nearly 2 years and love it.

Dubai is a shoppers paradise and you'll get charged to go on their beach unlike in Perth.

Are you staying with friends or family?

Cheers Carol
Hi all, didnt think we would make tomorrow but have managed to get a babysitter for the chickenpox boy! Hope to see you all there, between 11 and 12 at kids adventure playground (the one on the left as you go over the bridge???) Is everyone still on even if its raining?
Old May 19th 2007, 10:54 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daxver
Hi all, didnt think we would make tomorrow but have managed to get a babysitter for the chickenpox boy! Hope to see you all there, between 11 and 12 at kids adventure playground (the one on the left as you go over the bridge???) Is everyone still on even if its raining?
we are - as long as it isn't torrential!!!
that's what will be so good about Oz - not having to worry about the weather!
Old May 20th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Daxver
Hi
I am coming too, along with my sister and 5 yr old nephew.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
My son is 18 and 6ft 1 .... I think he might get thrown out of the adventure playground!!
I haven't been there before so any directions from the main entrance would be appreciated.
Gill .... are you going? you are the only person I would recognise!
Did someone mention kangaroos on display??
I am off to get a couple of hours sleep ... just finished nightshift!!
See you later
Alison
Old May 20th 2007, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pata
Hi
I am coming too, along with my sister and 5 yr old nephew.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
My son is 18 and 6ft 1 .... I think he might get thrown out of the adventure playground!!
I haven't been there before so any directions from the main entrance would be appreciated.
Gill .... are you going? you are the only person I would recognise!
Did someone mention kangaroos on display??
I am off to get a couple of hours sleep ... just finished nightshift!!
See you later
Alison
Through the main gate, over a small bridge onto a large grass area then look up to your left and you will see the adventure playground.

We should be there around 12:00

Bobby
Old May 20th 2007, 9:01 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We're hoping to get ther around 12 too. Looking forward to seeing you all (and hello again to you Alison). Sorry we'll not see you Andrea. Hope the trip goes well. Will speak to you before you go - fancy meeting for lunch some time again?

Gill

ps - we'll try to remember to bring our wee Aussie flag with us.
Old May 20th 2007, 9:45 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by herrchook
We're hoping to get ther around 12 too. Looking forward to seeing you all (and hello again to you Alison). Sorry we'll not see you Andrea. Hope the trip goes well. Will speak to you before you go - fancy meeting for lunch some time again?

Gill

ps - we'll try to remember to bring our wee Aussie flag with us.
Unfortunately Valerie (the wife) cant make it.

But we could maybe arrange a meet up for the Falkirk/Central area kids?
Old May 20th 2007, 9:02 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, it was great meet so many of you today. We had a great time - whoever recommended the location you were spot on, great place. The kids had a lovely time and Alison, it looks like my 3 yo has taken a fair shine to your nephew.

Was glad we left when we did though as the kid were shattered after their lat night at the wedding last night and I think OH's hangover was kicking in big style.

Best of luck to you all with your plans. Hope to catch up with you all again sometime.

Tomy2 - a Falkirk meet sounds good. Why don't you start a new thread and we'll see who's interested.

Gill
Old May 21st 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Audrey and me really enjoyed meeting everyone (still struggle to put names to the faces without using user names) and hearing about all the different story's.

The weather ended up great in the afternoon and my kids had a great time.

I hope everyone who are leaving shortly have a wonderfull life in Oz and all that are going to Brisbane, please keep in touch and maybe we can all meet up before christmas on a beach somewhere.

Speak soon

Bobby and Audrey
Old May 21st 2007, 3:02 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Glad to hear you all had a ball, felt bad after putting up the post then not coming along but you all know how it is!

Craig, John watched the Footy over in the Isle of Man and hasn't said much so not sure! expect he was a bit peeved tho naturally lol. Hope the plans for your move are goin smoothly

Gill be great to meet for lunch. Days during the week I do have free just about lol, especially now uni is ova will PM you

Anyway guys good luck with all your plans off to do invites for our leaving day! Yes decided an evening wasn't enough so will start at 2pm

Andreaxx