Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Australia Jobs
Reload this Page >

WANTED - Gas fitters in Brisbane!

WANTED - Gas fitters in Brisbane!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of
Default Re: WANTED - Gas fitters in Brisbane!

HAS ANYONE HAD A REPLY FROM THE ORIGINAL POSTER? i CANT GET ONE, EVEN FROM PM'S.

Looks like theres going to be an even bigger shortage of gas fitters here soon are you reading this Mr CORGI
Old May 12th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

annemariecj is an unknown quantity at this point

any reply from the chap who started this yet? mmmmmmH
basically we are at the start of the process, and i mean the start !!!
David is a GH and service engineer here in scotland gorgi reg and all that, we dont even know what one of the 73 visas to apply for. We are in love with brisbane so at least that decision has been made, any advice and insight very welcome. We are not married live together 1 child age 6 soon. all suggestions and comments welcome.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

s.d.leach.25 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi mate, im a qualified gas engineer but i only work on domestic heating at the moment. would it be worth me taking my exams to get my LPG and commercial gas qualifications? please get back to me asap. thanks,
Steve Leach
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:35 pm
Banned

kirstyroberts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hooch&Lol
Hi all,

If you are an experienced and qualified gas fitter (CORGI registration etc) and are heading to or are already in Brisbane and are looking for good work then read on........

I work for a small company who are looking for additional gas fitters to carry out work for a large Oz gas supplier.

The work is varied and very interesting (well I think so anyway!) with good rates of pay, company supplied ute, uniform and mobile phone, in fact all you need to supply is yourself and your tools!

The company is based on the south side but carry out work all over Brisbane. We mainly carry out LPG work with a few large natural gas jobs for industrial boilers and shopping centres - we dont do much domestic work and very rarely go inside a property to carry out any work.

If you are interested then send me a PM with your details - even if you don't get over here for another 6 months.

Cheers

Christian.
Christian

My husband is a gasfitter with just over 10 years experience. We are moving to Brisbane in the next couple of months. I know your post was from a while back - but if you knew of any jobs going that would be fantastic!

Cheers

Kirsty
Old Apr 10th 2009, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

nigekate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am an experienced qualified self employed gas fitter (corgi regd) in England. i am looking to emigrate to Brisbane, Oz with my family, but just about to start the visa process. I do domestic jobs in the uk and would like to do similar work over there. Do you know of any companies in Brisbane that do this sort of work? also if i had to do commercial work over there would i be able to as i have no experience of that sort of work?

Thanks
Nigel
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

alwayshappy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

If you are an experienced and qualified gas fitter (CORGI registration etc) and are heading to or are already in Brisbane and are looking for good work then read on........

I work for a small company who are looking for additional gas fitters to carry out work for a large Oz gas supplier.

The work is varied and very interesting (well I think so anyway!) with good rates of pay, company supplied ute, uniform and mobile phone, in fact all you need to supply is yourself and your tools!

The company is based on the south side but carry out work all over Brisbane. We mainly carry out LPG work with a few large natural gas jobs for industrial boilers and shopping centres - we dont do much domestic work and very rarely go inside a property to carry out any work.

If you are interested then send me a PM with your details - even if you don't get over here for another 6 months.

Cheers

Christian.
Hi there,

I've just read your posting and can confirm that I'm a Corgi registered gas fitter. I've just last week, emigrated to Brisbane and in the early stages of seeking work. I'm fully qualified (City & Guilds), have all associated qualifications eg Energy Efficiency, Unvented HWC, Water Regs. etc and have many years site experience. If you have any leads or info. it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Regards

Phil
Old Sep 21st 2009, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

LookingNOW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We are currently looking for qualified gas technicians in Brisbane. Electricial licence also a plus. We do mainly commercial work but are looking to move into industrial.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:23 am
Just Joined

collinglis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Christain

my husband is gas safety registered ( new corgi ) and has his nvqs. we are trying to get in the process to move down under.

Will he need a cert in LPG gas to work over there ? we are wanting to go to brisbane howeve after searching gas fitter jobs there doesnt seem to many about ?

thanks rach

Hi all,

Cheers

Christian.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

ScottLey is an unknown quantity at this point

So the wages is good huh?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LookingNOW
Hi We are currently looking for qualified gas technicians in Brisbane. Electricial licence also a plus. We do mainly commercial work but are looking to move into industrial.
My husband is a qualified gas fitter all corgi/gasafe certificates upto date. Coming over in february to Brisbane for a reccie trip, hoping to be living in Oz from june. What is employment like at the moment for gasfitters?
Old Nov 5th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

I live on Gold Coast but work for a Brisbane based company doing gasfitting, there isn't a lot of work about to be honest. When you arrive the first thing you need to do is take your CORGI/Gas Safe card to the Dept of Mines & Energy ( you need to call them first to make an appointment ), You have some discussion's with gas inspector who will then grant you a licence, most of the gas inspectors are British and are fully aware of how good British gasfitters are compared to Aussie ones. I didnt do LPG in UK so have only got a Natural Gas Licence, if you have LPG in England then you can get a licence in this but only if you have years of experience in it, Dont just sit a quick course in LPG before you get here, they pick up on that. When you arrive go on the Yellow/White Pages websites and search for Gasfitters, contact them all. To get a plumbing licence you need to present NVQ or C&G to plumbers and drainers licencing board, this only gets you a provisional licence, to get the full licence you have to go back to college or do a distance learning course via the Internet. It took me 7 months to get into a decent job, I tried other things but ended up doing what I know best.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Bungle1323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

I know this is an old thread but thought would ask anyway.......

My husband is a British Gas Service Engineer and has been for 20 years. He carries out repairs/servicing on domestic appliances and is due to take LPG training and exams. We want to move to either Brisbane or Cairns.

Would there be any work of this nature to suit him or is it all commercial ... in which case where would he stand on being able to do this type of work.

We are only in early stages but just want as much info as poss really.