Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:21 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
It has come to my attention that when it comes to imagination on names,I haven't got one!
They wanted a name,so I gave them one......mine!
It seemed to be the obvious choice at the time untill I saw some of the others, now I feel so boring!!!!.........

..I've often wondered why people have chosen names like 'HUP' , 'Renth' and many others....so please tell us what's the story behind the names?????

I apologise at this point for those that are at the mercy of choosing their own name,like I did, rendering us of anything exciting to say but I'm sure we will get our moment of fame another time...SO......COME ON.......GO!!!!!!!

Lynn
I was always into gadgets and bizarre gizmo's when I was young, and got the nickname "Inspector Gadget". You try finding the username "gadget" in the geeky world of the world wide web, someone else always has it. So I changed it slightly to 'gajjitt', nobody has that one! So I've adopted it.

Paul
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Your 'USERNAME',tell us why you chose it....!

Spottydog was a goldfish I had for many years who started off small and spotty and ended up large, fat and not spotty at all, at which point I generally shortened her name to Dog. I tend to register everywhere with either spottydog, or if its gone spottydog0.

Anne
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:27 am
PommieLeague

Mine comes from my enjoyment of the greatest game - Rugby League. Australia's 2nd biggest sport all round.
Im a Brit and hence 'PommieLeague' here I come!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:11 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Introduction to the real me time!

My name is Belinda but nobody ever calls me that, I've always been known as Bindy. When we were doing our reckie we stayed with my brother-in-law in Sydney and saw loads of ibis (long beaked birds) which are known to some people as binbirds. I guess the brother in law thought it was an apt name for me since it combines the first part of my name with the fact that I am a 'bird' but then again he could just have meant that I am beaky!

Binbird / Bindy (Just not Belinda!)
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay sort of chose mine. Everything I tried, someone else had it. Put in some options and it came up with moneypen08 so tried moneypen20 - 20 being day of birth and it let me have it so it's stayed for most things on the net. Name's Penny and I have no money Real name is Penelope but can't deal with that
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:37 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Madsad- first letter from each of our names

Donna.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:46 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

My school nickname. It sounds like my surname but may also have had something to do with the permanent bad hair day I had until I decided to go for a number 4 a few years ago.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:27 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
My school nickname.
It went completely out of my mind until I read the above but I had a nickname at school, albeit briefly, and it was Worzel and my best friend was nicknamed Aunt Sally (in the days when John Pertwee was playing Worsel Gummidge - it was him wasn't it?!) Haven't got a clue why they called us that though!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Ruptured gonad is an unknown quantity at this point

It's too painful to talk about.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Mine is a nickname of my favourite football team (FOREST) who were all but relegated last night after loosing (again) to Coventry.

A sad TT

forest eh? I can see PRIDE PARK STADIUM from my office, were dead opposite. lol
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I should have thought mine was pretty damn obvious...

Ladies beware :scared:

It's all to do with my insanely mammoth manhood...

However...that would be a teeny weeny white lie so I'll let you into a little secret

The emblem on the Isle of Man or Manx flag is a Three Legs which stands for the expression "Whichever way you throw me I will stand"...

Ergo...my handle.

Manx and proud no matter where.

Three Legs

Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I usually go for my own name, or a mixture of name and surname (Claire for those who are curious), as I was registering there was a Will and Grace weekend on Living TV here in the UK and I couldnt resist
Oh, & i thought that was really your name.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

This is a goody, what a laugh,

I'm an aussie & cat is an abbreviation of my name.

When i first came i on here (I'd never done anything like this before) I was too scared to use my real name, i thought someone would stalk me & murder me...... LOL

Now i'm really into it, I view loads more than i contribute, & i'm over the scared part. Now my husband just thinks i'll meet someone & run away with them..... PMSL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
It has come to my attention that when it comes to imagination on names,I haven't got one!
They wanted a name,so I gave them one......mine!
It seemed to be the obvious choice at the time untill I saw some of the others, now I feel so boring!!!!.........

..I've often wondered why people have chosen names like 'HUP' , 'Renth' and many others....so please tell us what's the story behind the names?????

I apologise at this point for those that are at the mercy of choosing their own name,like I did, rendering us of anything exciting to say but I'm sure we will get our moment of fame another time...SO......COME ON.......GO!!!!!!!

Lynn

Because you can make beer out of a fuggle
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Aussiecat
This is a goody, what a laugh,

I'm an aussie & cat is an abbreviation of my name.

When i first came i on here (I'd never done anything like this before) I was too scared to use my real name, i thought someone would stalk me & murder me...... LOL

Now i'm really into it, I view loads more than i contribute, & i'm over the scared part. Now my husband just thinks i'll meet someone & run away with them..... PMSL
Just remember we are all waiting for you in Mt Eliza. :scared: :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.