Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are you the oldest sibling?

View Poll Results: Where do you fit in? Are you the oldest?
1st Child
52.02%
2nd Child
31.21%
3rd Child
8.67%
4th Child
3.47%
5th +
4.62%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Are you the oldest sibling?

Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:46 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you the oldest sibling?

Originally Posted by Kapri
I'm the youngest in my family.
My OH is the oldest.

?
Hopefully not from the same family
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
mmm, it seems that I might be onto something after all

Mandy
Nope, i was last born (third) and the only one of my siblings to Globe trot, my Dad was second and Mum last and again the only ones in their family to travle globally... mind you, i think Dr Who is the first born and he got around a bit

maybe it is another variable.. Aston villa supporters, or red heads (they get around a bit judgeing from the number of people with celtic blood you see in all corners of the earth!)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the third born and youngest and am the organised one. I also have all the common sense, the other two got nothing Hubby is the 2ns and youngest and the organised bit is split 50:50 between him and his sister but he has all their sense of humour. She has none
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

hi mandy,me and ant are both 1st bornxx
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

lcys2460 will become famous soon enoughlcys2460 will become famous soon enough

OH and I are both 1st born of 3. Think we've shocked both our families though as the youngest in each of our families are considered the more care-free/liable to do anything!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:28 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm I'm not sure how to answer, because I'm the third child of 4 but my husband is the first child of 3.

Sooo we kind of fit in with your theory but have to add that my other siblings have done practically nothing with their lives and can't see that they ever will!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the fifth...but not the youngest

I don't believe in delaying today what I can delay tomorrow.

Missus is second of two and not called Da Boss for nothing
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone need to keep you lot in check

Mandy
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:49 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting results.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Interesting results.
I thinks so too.

Not sure why I asked but it strikes me that 'usually' the first born is the more level headed and outgoing of siblings. I think it has to do with parents letting the other kids get on with it after trying to do the right thing with the first.

As the first born, I seem to take control and know what I want. My sister is still fumbling around at the age of 33 and two kids later

Mandy
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:53 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 3rd born middle child, am usually organised and quite outgoing when i want to be, but then brother and sister the same
Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

KerryRyan will become famous soon enoughKerryRyan will become famous soon enough

Kerry 1st of 2 Ryan 3rd of 5
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Gronya is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Are you the oldest sibling?

I am 1st Born of 3 hubby is youngest in family of 2.
I am definitely the one that gets off my bum the quickest if I want something and get my teeth into it watch the dust from behind , hubby can't cope with how fast I will move us from a state or buy a house or change a job but then he really likes it but we've found out he is a processor and I am a visualiser I think in pictures and react quickly whereas he has the process the idea or conversation and come back with a reply.

Now thats an interesting thread maybe we should do one
" R u a processor or a visualiser and what is your other half??
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:53 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

I am the 4th of 4.
My OH 2nd of 2.

We met in Surfers Paradise in 1992 doing the backpacking thing and 15 years later returned to Oz married, with 3 kids.

Both wanted to make the move, but both equally disorganised and very much 'last minute' people....finished telephone conversation to arrange shipping insurance, minutes before we boarded the 'plane at Heathrow. Had been too busy with farewell parties to concentrate on the important stuff....

Booked our accomodation in Oz the morning we flew out of Singapore.....guess we still thought we were backpacking, but with 3 girls and 200 kilos of luggage this time!

Haven't stuffed up yet....but I'm sure one day we'll get caught out, but until then......the chaos and spontaneity continues.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 10:11 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

The poll results won't give you a true reflection. It will always be skewed towards the first born.

There are more 1st born children (incl.only children) than there are 2nd born, there are more 2nd born children than there are 3rd born, there are more 3rd born than there are 4th born ... etc