work references

Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

vekky2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work references

hiya

hit a bit of a snag one of my employers with whom i was self employed has refused to give me a reference purely because he was a twit to work for and since leaving i have had to chase him for references and also speeding tickets that dont belong to me.
this causes a problem as it my skilled area. would i be able to do a declaration to this with being self employed.

rgds
james
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:40 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work references

Originally Posted by vekky2004
hiya

hit a bit of a snag one of my employers with whom i was self employed has refused to give me a reference purely because he was a twit to work for and since leaving i have had to chase him for references and also speeding tickets that dont belong to me.
this causes a problem as it my skilled area. would i be able to do a declaration to this with being self employed.

rgds
james
You may need to think laterally and gather letters and documents from that period of employment that describe your position, day to day dealings (outlining experience if possible), salary and payment etc and generally anything that allows a picture of your responsibilities and experience to be built up without the need for your employers reference.

It's a bit of a long shot but I think that this problem has been discussed before on many an occasion in the immigration forum.

Good luck.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

vekky2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work references

hi

thanks for that ive just tried tax office as was cis at time and they were no help. told me may be able to get my cis vouchers but not sure about it.

rgds
james