why???

Old May 10th 2008, 5:34 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why???

cos it's there

and cos OH got offered a job there and we thought wow an adventure lead on!!
Old May 10th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

We looked at OZ and Canada and have travelled to both several times, we leaned towards Canada but didnt think we would last a winter, so OZ it was.

Its now 3 years on and we should be PR any day now, and my brother has moved to the Gold Coast and my parents will also be applying in the next month, its all fell into place but only time will tell.

Good Luck with whatever you decide

minibelle
Old May 10th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

About this time last year we decided that we wanted to do something different, and also we realised how much more we do when the weather's nicer. So our shortlist was France or Australia. Oz won due to English speaking, and French potentially too arsey - although the latter part of this was pretty much based soley on this book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Year-Merde-S...0460389&sr=8-1 so possibly not most balanced decision we've ever made. But hey, we've submitted the visa application now.
Old May 11th 2008, 1:05 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Hmmm... Tassie...it's part of Australia you know. And Vancouver is probably the only place in Canada that doesn't get the harsh winters.
Yep I knew that and that's why I put it in Brackets *sigh*.....didn't know about Vancouver though......I didn't research very deep only as far as job prospects....probably still too cold for my heat loving Husband though

Just trying to help.....
Old May 11th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

I had friends here and it was so much easier, not to mention cheaper, to emigrate to Australia in those days
Thirty six years later and I still love it (the jury is still out on Perth though )
Old May 12th 2008, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

because my employer offered me a 2 year secondment here in 2000 (never even been on hols here before that).

....and we never got around to moving back. Suddenly we have a house, car, friends, child, cat (in no particular order) and are pretty established.
Old May 12th 2008, 5:39 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Hmmm... Tassie...it's part of Australia you know.
only technically
Old May 12th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi everyone!

I know this sounds like a daft question, but why Australia

Both positive & negative responses please

Honestly? Because DH got offered a job here out of the blue. A former work colleague of his moved out here with his wife. And 6 months later, we got a phone call saying "do you fancy coming to Sydney to work with me?". Less than 3 months later we were here.

We had never visited the place, never even thought about emigrating. Had an absolutely hellish first year here, pushed our marriage to its limits.

But somehow managed to turn it around and with hindsight it was a good move overall. Had we stayed in the UK then it would have been all too easy to just give up and divorce... being over here meant we had to fight to make it work, iykwim?

We've been here just over 2 years now and are changing from a 457 visa to a PR one now and planning on having a baby once the PR is through.