Reload this Page >

Who hasn't found a job yet?

Who hasn't found a job yet?

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who hasn't found a job yet?

Hi All,
I'm here after long days....A Town Planner/Project Manager looking for jobs since July 2009 in Melbourne. Attended some interviews in city councils and government planning departments but not that much fortunate to get the job..

Now, desperately looking for a job....wish me luck!!

Regards

Safaet
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Nowadays I don't see people on BE forum complaining about not getting a job etc. So, I guess what they say newspapers is correct, job situation has really improved...... or, am I just dreaming?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caliburn
Nowadays I don't see people on BE forum complaining about not getting a job etc. So, I guess what they say newspapers is correct, job situation has really improved...... or, am I just dreaming?
I am in the U.K. and I am getting more interest from Oz, going to Expo so I will see
Old Mar 12th 2010, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

james1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant future

I'm also still in the UK and there seems to be interest from recruitment places for IT project managers but most want me to contact them when I have a flight booked and about 2 weeks before I will land.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Donna79 will become famous soon enoughDonna79 will become famous soon enough

Well, I've now been in Oz for over 7 months, and still not found a job! I'm geting really frustrated with it all! I've applied for a total of 65 jobs since I've been here and am applying for pretty much anything I think I can do. In my experience, a lot of job ads don't advertise a closing date so I have been very irritated when I have found out that some of the jobs I have spent time applying for have already been filled, yet are still being advertised

Like someone else said here, Australian employers are less likely to take you on if you don't have Australian work experience - where are you supposed to get it if no one will get you a break?

I have qualifications in forensic science (BSc & MSc) and have also worked for the NHS for 9 years, and worked in a small food shop about 10 years ago. I am applying for science/health/retail jobs mostly, but I don't know where I am going wrong. Some of the jobs say no experience necessary and I never ever hear from them. Most retail jobs won't take you on unless you have retail experience - again, people have to start somewhere. I keep altering my resume and nothing seems to work. I came across one job advert for a fruit and veg shop which stated 5 years experience necessary!!!

There are also those jobs I come across which I know I can do, and did similar roles in the UK but over here you have to have certain certificates and qualifications in order to do so - which I don't have as it was on the job training.

I'm just hoping someone will give me a fair go soon!!!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

OilDigger is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been here 'Perth' 3 weeks now, I know not a lot of time as yet. But I've been busy through friends [networking] and sending my CV for advertised jobs or the agencies advertising the jobs, I have to say the response is more than disappointing so far.

My field is Oil and Gas of which WA is meant to be having a boom, I to was told you need to be here mate! I didn't expect anything on a plate but with lots of experience and after working for a major oil company I expected someone would want to at least discuss my exprience. to date Nada.

So early days yet but I'm already trying to fathom what approach to make over the next month or so. I keep hearing the boom will go ballistic in the middle of the year as contracts are finallised, just hope my patience lasts that long.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 11:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OilDigger
I've been here 'Perth' 3 weeks now, I know not a lot of time as yet. But I've been busy through friends [networking] and sending my CV for advertised jobs or the agencies advertising the jobs, I have to say the response is more than disappointing so far.

My field is Oil and Gas of which WA is meant to be having a boom, I to was told you need to be here mate! I didn't expect anything on a plate but with lots of experience and after working for a major oil company I expected someone would want to at least discuss my exprience. to date Nada.

So early days yet but I'm already trying to fathom what approach to make over the next month or so. I keep hearing the boom will go ballistic in the middle of the year as contracts are finallised, just hope my patience lasts that long.
I work in mining, so slightly different to you, but I have noticed a big upswing in demand in the last 2-3 weeks - I've been getting a lot of phone calls anyway, and so have my colleagues. Financial year starts on 1st July and that is often a big date when it comes to hiring decisions.

Good luck.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 12:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It has.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:07 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

The Perth job has gotten better recently. To say we're going through or about to enter a new boom is just crap even with the expansion reported to gorgon.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Amazulu I'm sure it'll all be good in the end , just when you listen to the advice, follow the guidance and still get blanked your prone to taking large intakes of breath or . till your head hurts
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Well here's hoping Weebie, maybe when those at the front of the que get their starts I'll get mine.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by OilDigger
Thanks Amazulu I'm sure it'll all be good in the end , just when you listen to the advice, follow the guidance and still get blanked your prone to taking large intakes of breath or . till your head hurts
Here's a tip when posting: quote the poster that you are replying to so that I/we can follow the conversation.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

infinjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an electrical engineer with lot of project management experience and one thing i have noticed is that its probably better to avoid agents. They don't seem to want to help unless you fulfill 100% of the requirements and you can be placed immediately.

I find that contacting (emailing or calling) the company you're interested in directly really works a lot better. Generally very friendly and helpful! I think it generally also shows initiative and they can put a face to a CV.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Donna79
Well, I've now been in Oz for over 7 months, and still not found a job! I'm geting really frustrated with it all! I've applied for a total of 65 jobs since I've been here and am applying for pretty much anything I think I can do. In my experience, a lot of job ads don't advertise a closing date so I have been very irritated when I have found out that some of the jobs I have spent time applying for have already been filled, yet are still being advertised

Like someone else said here, Australian employers are less likely to take you on if you don't have Australian work experience - where are you supposed to get it if no one will get you a break?

I have qualifications in forensic science (BSc & MSc) and have also worked for the NHS for 9 years, and worked in a small food shop about 10 years ago. I am applying for science/health/retail jobs mostly, but I don't know where I am going wrong. Some of the jobs say no experience necessary and I never ever hear from them. Most retail jobs won't take you on unless you have retail experience - again, people have to start somewhere. I keep altering my resume and nothing seems to work. I came across one job advert for a fruit and veg shop which stated 5 years experience necessary!!!

There are also those jobs I come across which I know I can do, and did similar roles in the UK but over here you have to have certain certificates and qualifications in order to do so - which I don't have as it was on the job training.

I'm just hoping someone will give me a fair go soon!!!
You are highly qualified and well experienced in forensic science. Just a matter of few more days.... an excellent job is on your way! Don't waste your time on retail stuff, btw.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

infinjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

You are highly qualified and well experienced in forensic science. Just a matter of few more days.... an excellent job is on your way! Don't waste your time on retail stuff, btw.
I agree! Seems like you have a ton of experience and solid qualifications! Soon someone will be chasing after you!!

Which part of Aus are you applying in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.