Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you not like about living in OZ

What do you not like about living in OZ

Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:39 am
Just Joined

dickydavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you not like about living in OZ

Ozzies thinking that their accent is easily understandable and snorting at regional UK accents which made the Ozzy accent what it actually is today.
Their ignorance is quite astonishing at times and half of them ain't even been out of Australia!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dickydavies
Ozzies thinking that their accent is easily understandable and snorting at regional UK accents which made the Ozzy accent what it actually is today.
Their ignorance is quite astonishing at times and half of them ain't even been out of Australia!
Mass generalisation alert!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:04 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What do you not like about living in OZ

The people I work with who have regional UK accents do not get any piss taking from the Ozzies, they get it more from me! I have regular banter with the northerners I work with about how they work down coal mines and own whippets, they give me heaps about drinking shandy, and the ozzies can't understand any of it!

BB
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:14 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Do you still have the There's Something About Mary hair?
Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Do you still have the There's Something About Mary hair?
That was such a crap movie.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
The people I work with who have regional UK accents do not get any piss taking from the Ozzies, they get it more from me! I have regular banter with the northerners I work with about how they work down coal mines and own whippets, they give me heaps about drinking shandy, and the ozzies can't understand any of it!

BB
Been a while since I met a Northerner at work...

there was one on a CFA course and he had such an extreme accent that I was asked to translate - I was no help either...
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:00 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Been a while since I met a Northerner at work...

there was one on a CFA course and he had such an extreme accent that I was asked to translate - I was no help either...
Nowt wrong wi' Northerners, lad.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

BB
Yehp I love the confusion this causes the Aussies with the 4 UK blokes at our workplace. I'm the only Londoner the rest are from T'North. The Aussies just know we are quite different but they cant work out how or why.

Therein is a topic.... my wife is the only Aussie I know of that can tell a Northerner from a Southerner by their accent.... I'm sure there are many others. Shes the only one I know off though... must be just the married ones.