Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted Down Under - Series 6

Why the hell did they send a family that has very strong Muslim committments to Dee Why? It is multicultural but not so much in that way, more SE Asian, Italian and Pacific Islander than anything else. And Cromer? That's a very Anglo suburb and a little out of the way.

I can't see that couple mixing it down the Time and Tide

I'm not knocking their requirement for their own religious community but I can name a dozen suburbs much more suited to their needs than Dee Why off the top of my head, which would have given them a much more positive experience.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 10:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucie1
If today's family said they love their house in the uk and could see their family growing up in their home and they have good community they love living in.

So why bother applying to go on the show ? Sure there are many other families who would have loved the chance !
Happy people like that are more likely to be happy here. Moving continents doesn't make you happy, if your a moaning type in the U.K you'll be just the same here
Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Dingle76 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think the financial calculations are always correct either. It can be really hard to get in to the legal field because they only want people with Aussie experience, specific to the individual state.

The other day another bloke said he had checked the figures again and childcare was not included but as they both worked full time that would be a big outgoing.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dingle76
Brian I saw it on the TV listings this morning and I am presuming it's a new series (filmed over the Aussie summer) and not last years repeat.

Think it was on a "normal" channel at about 10am.
Dont think it is as the shows on past few days have been ones i have seen before,did not catch the one this morning,and im sure it was on tv in the evening last year,just wondering if they have done now shows for this year like wanted down under
Old Jan 19th 2012, 11:42 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have installed expat shield and then download from bbc iplayer.
Ah, that's the one. Must look into it, the telly here is beyond pants...

thanks!

x
Old Jan 20th 2012, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Yes Brian it is last years actually. I watched one after I had posted and realised.

Makes me think they might put new series on when the repeats finish though.

We had Foxtel and still rubbish.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Watching todays episode I do wonder why the peoples Parents cannot be happy for them and just say "go and have a great time", rather than guilt tripping them.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dingle76
Watching todays episode I do wonder why the peoples Parents cannot be happy for them and just say "go and have a great time", rather than guilt tripping them.
I agree, I hope to god I never ever treat my kids the way some of these adults treat their grown up children.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but it seems to me that most of the people who go on this show are pretty skint and under-qualified. It's hard to imagine how some of them would even meet the visa points test and, if they do, how this kind of immigration is going to have a net benefit for Australia. Obviously, big business likes opening the flood gates and the more mortgage slaves the merrier.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Budawang
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but it seems to me that most of the people who go on this show are pretty skint and under-qualified. It's hard to imagine how some of them would even meet the visa points test and, if they do, how this kind of immigration is going to have a net benefit for Australia. Obviously, big business likes opening the flood gates and the more mortgage slaves the merrier.
How do you work that out? I have two professional accountancy qualifications and an MBA and so am far from skint and underqualified.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:24 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Si T
How do you work that out? I have two professional accountancy qualifications and an MBA and so am far from skint and underqualified.
Lol I personally know 3 other families that have been on the show, none of them are skint & under-qualified either
Maybe the later series are short of potential candidates & are getting to the bottom of the barrel so to speak
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cresta57
Lol I personally know 3 other families that have been on the show, none of them are skint & under-qualified either
Maybe the later series are short of potential candidates & are getting to the bottom of the barrel so to speak
We were on last Wednesday so I guess I need to get the splinters out of my arse
Old Jan 30th 2012, 12:34 pm

I've never seen an episode yet. They weren't showing when we came out. The guys I know that have been on the show I know from meets here. I'd like to see their shows as they are all nice people imo & I'd like to compare my views to how the show edits them, if that makes any sense
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

This show makes Wanted Dowunder look like an anti-Australian propaganda machine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cEV...4&feature=plcp
Old Jan 31st 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Saw your show last week and enjoyed it! Are you still planning to go to Oz?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.