Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:04 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Sounds like you're thinking of heading the same time as us - May/June 2011???

We can count the days together
Yep! Our lease runs out in August 2011 so we're thinking we'll pack up in June or July and head out then. Plus it won't be too hot in Sydney so we can delude ourselves about the weather for a few months!

Let the RedT/JenniGee countdown begin!!!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:14 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Yep! Our lease runs out in August 2011 so we're thinking we'll pack up in June or July and head out then. Plus it won't be too hot in Sydney so we can delude ourselves about the weather for a few months!

Let the RedT/JenniGee countdown begin!!!
Don't...I'm already hearing the moaning from the girls "Oh Muuuummm....you said the weather would be better here....what a waste of time moving....." (cue hurling self to the sofa in a hormonal haze of depression!)

Last edited by JenniGee; Jan 27th 2010 at 11:35 am.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 2:52 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Don't...I'm already hearing the moaning from the girls "Oh Muuuummm....you said the weather would be better here....what a waste of time moving....." (cue hurling self to the sofa in a hormonal haze of depression!)
haha! Yeah, every time I speak to my brother in Oz he reckons it's been chucking it down for the last three weeks and always just before we arrive too. Then suddenly it's nice....I think he's winding us up.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Has this series of WDU been sponsored by Darwin? The show should be renamed 'Darwin down under' or 'wanted in Darwin'!!! Seems like every other episode is Darwin!!

I have nothing against Darwin and the show has no doubt been fantastic news for anyone moving there (or Auckland for that matter) but think it would have been nice to have had at least 1 Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide rather than Darwin every other day!! Its a shame as it used to be quite good but all I keep hearing is Nikki with the 'that all looks very inviting...'

rant over, think you've guessed I'm not heading to Darwin...
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by renth

"That all looks very inviting"
"someting to aspire to"

Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to allThunderduck is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kronk
Has this series of WDU been sponsored by Darwin? The show should be renamed 'Darwin down under' or 'wanted in Darwin'!!! Seems like every other episode is Darwin!!

I have nothing against Darwin and the show has no doubt been fantastic news for anyone moving there (or Auckland for that matter) but think it would have been nice to have had at least 1 Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide rather than Darwin every other day!! Its a shame as it used to be quite good but all I keep hearing is Nikki with the 'that all looks very inviting...'

rant over, think you've guessed I'm not heading to Darwin...
I thought the same of Perth which features just as often,or so it seems.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

oldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really nice

Well I think series 4 has had 5 darwins, series 3 had 2 darwins that I remember and before that I dont remember any! A bit ironic as we were desperate for a darwin one before we arrived here in Darwin - such is life!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:01 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Just seen Sportendurance's WDU, and I agree Louise does look fab, can't believe she's 31 - she only looks 23. (Lucky her)
Nicky Chapman did have a new phrase tho - "Lets hope his moves are as silky as his shirt" LOL.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

ROLL On revisiteds lets hope Nickie isn't on them LOL
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Yes looking forward to the revisited - c'mon Aussidreamer (12th Feb) - whoops was that a secret!!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Yes looking forward to the revisited - c'mon Aussidreamer (12th Feb) - whoops was that a secret!!!

We'll all be watching I'm sure.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

No NOT a secret 11th Feb i think but dreading it. Trying to think of some new phrases Nicki can use.

Something to aspire to replaced by OOOH Thats very different from the UK.

After F/F
Oh dear, will this throw the whole move in jeopardy REPLACED BY Oh dear, are the family sure they made the right move

This house is slightly (ie 140k) over budget but something for the family to aspire to... replaced by
This house is slightly (ie 140k) under budget and not to everyones taste but typical of the area the family have decided to live, could you make the sacrifice and the move.

4 OUT OF 5 VOTED THE SAME WAY ON THE FINAL VOTE.

J

Last edited by aussiedreamer; Jan 30th 2010 at 8:18 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'd give Nicky Chapman a punch.
I'd give Nicky Chapman something....lol
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Really looking forward to the re-visited, got slightly bored with WDU this year, Darwen & Auckland overkill me thinks

Can't help wondering if the crocs have eaten all the residents of Darwen and now they are trying to fill the place back up.

No offence to anyone on WDU.

Really think the BBC need to invest in a voice over next year, instead of some totally un-interested presenter just using the same 1/2 dozen lines for 20 episodes I know Nadia Sawahla used to get slated on this site but as least she interacted with the families.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

NNNNNOOOOOO! How on earth can you take that away from the presenter, what no free trip to stand on a beach that could be Cornwall (maybe it is?) and say repetitive things.........it makes the show!!!!

Now where is my sick bucket

Originally Posted by louise
Really looking forward to the re-visited, got slightly bored with WDU this year, Darwen & Auckland overkill me thinks

Can't help wondering if the crocs have eaten all the residents of Darwen and now they are trying to fill the place back up.

No offence to anyone on WDU.

Really think the BBC need to invest in a voice over next year, instead of some totally un-interested presenter just using the same 1/2 dozen lines for 20 episodes:eek: I know Nadia Sawahla used to get slated on this site but as least she interacted with the families.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.