British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Wanted Down Under 2010 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/wanted-down-under-2010-a-646607/)

sportsendurance May 17th 2009 5:01 pm

Wanted Down Under

Just wondering how many of you have applied for the next series of WDU. I entered a few months ago for a bit of fun and thought it was a wind up when I received a phone call and told that my application had gone through to the next round - Shitttttt. I know it's still early days but I still think it's quite funny and hope it works out (very doubtful!).

Anybody on BE and been through the system and would like to tell their story?? I would be interested to hear from you. humbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

steve_kelly_and_boys May 17th 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by sportsendurance (Post 7579768)
Just wondering how many of you have applied for the next series of WDU. I entered a few months ago for a bit of fun and thought it was a wind up when I received a phone call and told that my application had gone through to the next round - Shitttttt. I know it's still early days but I still think it's quite funny and hope it works out (very doubtful!).

Anybody on BE and been through the system and would like to tell their story?? I would be interested to hear from you. humbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

good luck with that

let us know if you are successful :thumbup:

TomsMops May 17th 2009 5:21 pm

Good luck, I applied 2 years ago and got a call only around 1 month ago but we are already done, we have sold the house, the shippers are coming in on Wednesday.

Hubby & I both had telephone interviews with Naz from Wanted Down Under, nice guy!

Good luck xxx

sportsendurance May 17th 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks but I don't expect getting much further - there must be thousands in the same position as us. I was told that if we don't hear anything in the next 2 months then it's likely to be an ee r! Apparently there is going to be 2 series next year.

calNgary May 17th 2009 11:53 pm

we did the first show we were asked if we would do it then 6weeks later we were filming in oz, we had a great time made the move so much easyier after visiting the area first good luck

sportsendurance May 26th 2009 9:59 am

CalNgary which couple were you. I do recall a Gary in one of the shows but I believe he was in Perth or Sydney?

Just typical of a woman! My wife wants the house painted from top to bottom, garden changed, Living room decorated and garage tidied - and the chances are we won't get picked. However, I am surprised that nobody else appears to be in a similar position that contributes to BE ....:sneaky:

moneypenny20 May 26th 2009 10:23 am

Stacks of people on here have been on WDU. Do a search, can't remember names.

If you get on, have fun and don't be offended when they edit you.

Pollyana May 26th 2009 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 7604896)
Stacks of people on here have been on WDU. Do a search, can't remember names.

If you get on, have fun and don't be offended when they edit you.

And be prepared for the coments you'll get on here...............

seayork2002 May 27th 2009 3:00 pm

are we allowed to?

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7605484)
And be prepared for the coments you'll get on here...............

sportsendurance May 27th 2009 8:11 pm

If we get on you can take the p... as much as you like because I'll certainly get it from work - just a laugh though.
Thanks for your comments
:p

the_nanny_uk2 May 28th 2009 8:22 pm

Hi there, Yes we applied for WDU as well, filled in the mega form and got a phone call. Like you totally cacked myself! lol. The guy on the other end told me he wanted to talk to my hubby as well and he'd phone back on the next monday to speak to him and possibly our son too. We waited and waited but no phone call came. Gutted! All our friends and relatives have thought they were pretty rude to organise another phone call then not follow it through. It kinda leaves you in the lurch a bit as you dont know if you will get another call to be filmed or not. If we are not then I'd appreciate being told so really.

Hope you get somewhere with it hun. Good luck.:thumbsup:

J

Pollyana May 28th 2009 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by sportsendurance (Post 7609897)
If we get on you can take the p... as much as you like because I'll certainly get it from work - just a laugh though.
Thanks for your comments
:p

Have a look at some of the trheads with previous participants and you'll see why I posted - there have been some nasty remarks in the past when people forget that the participnats may actually be BE members and be reading the comments!

sportsendurance May 29th 2009 9:13 pm

The Nanny,
I wouldn't worry about not receiving the second phone call, it's possibly a cock-up. I was asked the same questions as my wife but had the impression that there were thousands applying and that they just wanted to see if we were still interested. The questions were based on my application form which was a good idea I wrote the truth because my wife didn't have a clue what I wrote!! lol Best of luck to all and thanks for all replys:thumbup:

sportsendurance Jun 9th 2009 1:38 pm

shiiiiiiit, we now have the interview next week. A little unsure what to expect though. Previously I was told that I would have a 2 day film interview etc but my wife, who took the call, felt that they were only coming for the morning and there was no mention of filming!! Any ideas / thoughts welcome.

coolerkingcooler Jun 9th 2009 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by sportsendurance (Post 7648573)
shiiiiiiit, we now have the interview next week. A little unsure what to expect though. Previously I was told that I would have a 2 day film interview etc but my wife, who took the call, felt that they were only coming for the morning and there was no mention of filming!! Any ideas / thoughts welcome.

None, but I bet your wife gets her hair done:D

Keep us updated,
Cooler