Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In vogue builders

In vogue builders

Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:46 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In vogue builders

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Why build 2 story? Madness!
To make the most of the view.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
To make the most of the view.
Ah ok, its a good reason but having lived over here a long time and my sister built 2 story, the heat is an issue. It rises and bedrooms (assuming they're upstairs) do get very hot in summer. Of course aircon is an answer but not very cheap.

Single story, wide veranda, lovely and cool.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:57 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Why build 2 story? Madness!
Er why is this madness?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:58 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ok, its a good reason but having lived over here a long time and my sister built 2 story, the heat is an issue. It rises and bedrooms (assuming they're upstairs) do get very hot in summer. Of course aircon is an answer but not very cheap.

...............lots of land
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ACE
OMG!!! What a nightmare, OK now I'm freaked out.
She'll be right

Jules x
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:59 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Only the master, kitchen, study and main living areas are upstairs childrens' bedrooms etc are all downstairs and you are right the cost of the aircon was a kick in the teeth.

Your single storey place sounds lovely.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I built with Summit Homes and had no end of problems, but that was nothing compared to the garden landscaping, driveway paving or swimming pool install. This may be a rant, however I look forward to the day when builders, pool companies, pavers, brickies etc are desperate for work. They have had it so good for so long, they have forgotten who the customer is.
Example -I have recurring cracks in the walls of my 2 1/2 year old house. Summit have come out to repair the cracks 3 times. The last guy they sent, said they wouldn't normally repair them. I asked why then Summit have agreed to repair them under warranty, he said they maybe think that the house build is poor, as they were heavily loaded with new house builds at the time mine was built. Fills me with confidence no end!!

Take note.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:14 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Only the master, kitchen, study and main living areas are upstairs childrens' bedrooms etc are all downstairs and you are right the cost of the aircon was a kick in the teeth.
Its good you have some beds downstairs and certainly the kids seem to feel the heat at night more than us oldies! A good fan always helps and is cheap to run. I drive past where your are just about weekly and its lovely spot and Im sure your views will be worth it.

Hope the build goes well.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 4:16 pm
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by julesandco
...............lots of land
250 sqm isnt lots of land would you say? Thats the house footprint (I think). Most blocks are arounf 750sqm arent they?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:39 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Its good you have some beds downstairs and certainly the kids seem to feel the heat at night more than us oldies! A good fan always helps and is cheap to run. I drive past where your are just about weekly and its lovely spot and Im sure your views will be worth it.

Hope the build goes well.
Hi Evann,
We have designed the house so that as the boys get older they have their own space downstairs with a games room, theater room, kitchenette and a little gym and we have the main living area, kitchen, study, and master upstairs. On paper it works really well but I'm not looking forward to having to carry the shopping upstairs every week.

We have always loved Dawesville. When we first looked there 6 years ago, we were planning to work in the Rockingham area and we thought Dawesville would be too far away from work and from the some decent shops. As it turned out I work in Mandurah so it takes me about 20 mins door to door and my hubby works in the Kwinana industrial area so although it takes him 50 mins to get to work he only has to work 2 days shifts, 2 night shifts and then he gets 6 days off so he doesn't mind the travelling. Fortunately there is now a pretty good shopping center in Falcon which is continually expanding and only 3 or 4 mins away by car.

We are very excited about the build but also very nervous about the stress of it all. Thanks for your good wishes!

ACE

Last edited by ACE; Apr 13th 2008 at 4:48 am.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:42 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jo100
Hi

Has anyone built with In Vogue homes in Perth??

I am keen to know about anyones experiences good or bad.

Many thanks
Hi Jo,
Just wondering who you decided to build with in the end? Our house has just gone to construction with In Vogue and I have started a thread for anyone who wants to follow our progress.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=in+vogue

ACE
Old Jul 6th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jo100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ACE

We are still hoping to build with In Vogue Builders when we eventually arrive in OZ. We can't sell our house here in the UK,all very frustrating.

I will be watching your progress with your build

Lucky you

Jo
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:46 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jo100
Hi ACE

We are still hoping to build with In Vogue Builders when we eventually arrive in OZ. We can't sell our house here in the UK,all very frustrating.

I will be watching your progress with your build

Lucky you

Jo
That's a terrible situation to be in. Hopefully your house will sell soon.

Good Luck!
ACE