Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Truth about Melbourne Weather

Truth about Melbourne Weather

Old May 14th 2007, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truth about Melbourne Weather

Originally Posted by HJG
There are lots of reasons why I should be emigrating to Melbourne with my family. However whenever I've visited the weather has been poor. The first time I visited Easter 2006. Apparantly the weather had been good for the games, but by April 7th, it was jumpers (and coats).

Have I been unlucky with the weather in Melbourne?

Thanks
HJG
Yes you were unlucky. April is often the best time of year. Again, as Christmas 2006, April 2006 was unseasonably wet - if I recall it pissed down all month and I thought we were in for a wet winter which annoyed me as we still hadn't then roofed our deck. We weren't - it heralded the start of a new phase in what was a serious drought which has only just showed signs of breaking - yet we will not know for a while.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Anywhere in Queensland but keep it to yourself.( Shoooooo). Everybody will want to come
Old May 14th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HJG
There are lots of reasons why I should be emigrating to Melbourne with my family. However whenever I've visited the weather has been poor. The first time I visited Easter 2006. Apparantly the weather had been good for the games, but by April 7th, it was jumpers (and coats). In an attempt not to make the same mistake again, I came in Jan/Feb this year.The weather was better in that I could use the pool maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 days - but I didn't get the feel of the summer evenings we have in the UK, and the fleece was out at least 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 days also.

I really want to make the move work as it means a lot to other members of the family - but I cannot get past the memory of disappointing weather. I live in the rainy North West in Britian and have had to do so because of jobs for 20 years - I am now free for something better, and do not want to get tied down into the same situation again.

My questions, asked honestly are as follows:

Have I been unlucky with the weather in Melbourne?
Are there parts of Melbourne with better weather than others?
If I wanted to get better weather than Melbourne -where would you suggest?

Thanks
HJG
Melbourne weather is fantastic as it's varied. Can't belive the amount of people who yearn for endless sunny days! I love being out in the rain and cold aswell as it being sunny. Only real weather I don't like is snow IF I'm driving!