Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Transfer from British TA to Reg Australian Army

Transfer from British TA to Reg Australian Army

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

davidrn has a brilliant futuredavidrn has a brilliant futuredavidrn has a brilliant futuredavidrn has a brilliant futuredavidrn has a brilliant futuredavidrn has a brilliant futuredavidrn has a brilliant future
Default Transfer from British TA to Reg Australian Army

Hi I am civvy trade qualified with RADC / RAMC and looking at promotion soon has anybody heard of British Territorial Army Transfering to the Aussie Regs

Thanks Guys
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:52 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer from British TA to Reg Australian Army

Originally Posted by davidrn
Hi I am civvy trade qualified with RADC / RAMC and looking at promotion soon has anybody heard of British Territorial Army Transfering to the Aussie Regs

Thanks Guys
Yes, a mate of mine was either a Lieutenant or Captain in the TA (day job was an accountant) and he transferred over to the Australian Armed Forces. Afraid I don't know the details and route that you have to take for this.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked on arrse? http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums.html there are all sorts of knowledgeable folk on there.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

This may help:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=army+transfer

Or this? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=army+transfer

Have you tried the advanced search facility?

Good luck
Old Jan 4th 2010, 3:50 am
Just Joined

phat bandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys
Yep, my wife did it
Transferred from QARANC TA to reg Australian Army.
Periods of FTRS and some sandy tours helped though!
Old Jan 4th 2010, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys
You need to get up to date info, so beware.
We have a friend in the Aus army (He's an Aussie) & he says that the Aus armed forces are stopping a lot of their recruitment of British forces personnle.
Good luck
Old Jan 4th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You need to get up to date info, so beware.
We have a friend in the Aus army (He's an Aussie) & he says that the Aus armed forces are stopping a lot of their recruitment of British forces personnle.
Good luck
The lateral transfer process is currently being reviewed by the Australian Government. I understand more information will be available in Feb 2010. The ADF recruiting website has a link for overseas applicants, including an email address for enquiries.

HTH